• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Mother’s Work Is Never Done

There are people, we cannot replace,
debts we can never repay,
times only we remember.

I recall your losing more than could be given,
giving more than could be repaid,
more times, than can be remembered.

My dreams are bountiful,
your misgivings fueled my desire to succeed
your patience sustained me through adversity.
I always strived to do the same.

When that which we had seems forever lost,
I often look to the evening sky,
for a glimpse of the brightest star.

It is assures me,
a mother’s work is never done
and my journey has just begun.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't Grab Testicles

If two Israelite men are fighting and the wife of one tries to rescue her husband by grabbing the testicles of the other man, her hand must be cut off without pity. (Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NLT)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only agree somewhat with the first statement, showing that both evolution and Christianity are incompatible worldviews. Orthodox Christianity also destroys the foundation of evolution, which is naturalism. The rest of his polemic is just plain wrong especially if we are talking about not just any religion but Christianity. For example, it was a Christian worldview that gave us modern science

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't Grab Testicles

If two Israelite men are fighting and the wife of one tries to rescue her husband by grabbing the testicles of the other man, her hand must be cut off without pity. (Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NLT)

Failure to understand the laws of ancient Israel.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can only agree somewhat with the first statement, showing that both evolution and Christianity are incompatible worldviews. Orthodox Christianity also destroys the foundation of evolution, which is naturalism. The rest of his polemic is just plain wrong especially if we are talking about not just any religion but Christianity. For example, it was a Christian worldview that gave us modern science

Whahaahah ... Christain worldview that give you science ? So next time you don't have to go hospital just go down on your kneel and pray and all your sickness is gone :wink: stupidity have no limits :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whahaahah ... Christain worldview that give you science ? So next time you don't have to go hospital just go down on your kneel and pray and all your sickness is gone :wink: stupidity have no limits :wink:

Your ignorance of the history of science and why it took off in the West is noted. Ignorant people will call others stupid.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your ignorance of the history of science and why it took off in the West is noted. Ignorant people will call others stupid.

Talking crap again, numb skull. Science debunked christainity myths. There are still christians holding to the view of flat earth, I don't blame for your stupidity but stop spreading it. A lot of ancient inventions come from the east. See...your delusional god can't help you, whahahaha!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mass Murder

"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'" (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Teach boys to murder

"They were my brothers!" Gideon exclaimed. "As surely as the LORD lives, I wouldn't kill you if you hadn't killed them." Turning to Jether, his oldest son, he said, "Kill them!" But Jether did not draw his sword, for he was only a boy and was afraid. Then Zebah and Zalmunna said to Gideon, "Don't ask a boy to do a man's job! Do it yourself!" So Gideon killed them both and took the royal ornaments from the necks of their camels. (Judges 8:19-21 NLT)

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Faith in God, Faith in Mumbo Jumbo

When Christians say that they have faith in God, what do they mean? Do they know what they mean? Do they even meaning anything at all? Perhaps not - their statement can only be regarded as sensible and reasonable if they can distinguish having faith in God from having faith in Mumbo Jumbo, but how many are able to manage this?

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God as Cause: Why God Cannot Explain the Universe

It is popular among theists to think not only that their god caused the universe to exist, but in fact that the existence of their god is necessary to explain and understand the existence of the universe. This belief may seem intuitively sound and strong, but the truth is that sorts of gods which theists believe in simply cannot explain the universe.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is God Perfectly Evil? Defending the Depravity of God

Many Christians and other religious theists like to point to marvelous aspects of life or nature in order to 'prove' that God is perfectly good. After all, isn't everything in life wonderful? Well, actually, it's not - there are lots of awful things about life which might arguably point to the existence of a perfectly evil god.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Signs of God?

Theists claim to find signs and evidence of god all around us - in trees, clouds, and in life itself. We must ask, however, whether such interpretations of nature are reliable enough to take very seriously. After all, unless we know what we mean by "God," how can we justifiably say that something is a "sign" of God rather than a "sign" of something else entirely?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking crap again, numb skull. Science debunked christainity myths. There are still christians holding to the view of flat earth, I don't blame for your stupidity but stop spreading it. A lot of ancient inventions come from the east. See...your delusional god can't help you, whahahaha!

There are no myths in Christianity. So what if there are Christians holding to a flat earth? Let me call your bluff, name a bunch of them please. Why you side track? Am I saying East got no inventions? I am saying that modern science was born in the Christian West. You may not like the truth but still you have to accept it. Truth is truth.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faith in God, Faith in Mumbo Jumbo

When Christians say that they have faith in God, what do they mean? Do they know what they mean? Do they even meaning anything at all? Perhaps not - their statement can only be regarded as sensible and reasonable if they can distinguish having faith in God from having faith in Mumbo Jumbo, but how many are able to manage this?

Define Mumbo Jumbo.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is God Perfectly Evil? Defending the Depravity of God

Many Christians and other religious theists like to point to marvelous aspects of life or nature in order to 'prove' that God is perfectly good. After all, isn't everything in life wonderful? Well, actually, it's not - there are lots of awful things about life which might arguably point to the existence of a perfectly evil god.

The Bible explains perfectly why awful things exist today, we live in a fallen world. God is perfectly good, and that hasn't changed one bit.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Signs of God?

Theists claim to find signs and evidence of god all around us - in trees, clouds, and in life itself. We must ask, however, whether such interpretations of nature are reliable enough to take very seriously. After all, unless we know what we mean by "God," how can we justifiably say that something is a "sign" of God rather than a "sign" of something else entirely?

I know what I mean by God.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sensitive
=

I bought an ultrasonic dog repeller.

It looks like a garage door opener remote control.
A red light lights up when the button is pressed.

My wife, whom I affectionately call Puddin, is terrified of
dogs. This device would make it easier for her to walk in the
neighborhood without worrying about dogs. If a dog comes close
to her, she points the device at them and presses the button.

The device emits an extremely high pitched and annoying sound
that humans can't hear, only dogs. It won't hurt the dog, but
sounds like a loud siren to dogs and the person can't hear it.

Ahhh, the power of technology. . .

We were leaving in the van with the kids as I opened the package.
I proudly showed my wife the device and explained how it worked.

I pressed the button to show her the light and to forever rid
her of her fear of dogs bothering her in the neighborhood.

"Oww!" she said, "that thing makes too much noise."

"You can't hear this, only dogs can. It just psychological that
you think you can hear it when you see the red light go on.
See, the kids didn't hear anything and neither did I," I said.

"But I can hear it, it makes a loud buzzing sound that hurts my
ears," Puddin insisted.

We argued back and forth, I was trying to tell Puddin that she
couldn't possibly hear it. The pitch was far too high for human
ears. Neither of the boys could hear it and I couldn't hear a
peep out of the device.

Being a scientist, I thought I would prove to Puddin once and
for all that it was all in her head that she could hear the
device. I took a sheet of paper and placed it over the device.
Puddin would not be able to see the light when it turned on.

No light, no seeing me press the button, no psychological
feeling of the buzzing, my point would be made.

I held the device under the paper and waited a considerable
time. Then while Puddin's mind had drifted to other things I
pressed the button.

"Oww!" Puddin hollered.

Puddin could hear the dog repeller!

What in the world?

This was not supposed to be but it was irrefutable proof that
she could hear what people were not supposed to hear.

That incident made me realize a phenomenon in the physical that
also exists in the mental and spiritual. Some people are simply
far more sensitive to some things.

It is always
interesting how a story that everyone else loves will strike one
person in a totally negative way. For various reasons, there will
be something that they are sensitive to that no one else can hear.

Jokes are especially prone to this more than any other.
When they read the same issue that everyone else loves,

"Oww!!!"

Life has taught me a lot about sensitivity.

There is much publicity about physical abuse. Battered wives
and children fill our news reports. Yet, there are areas more
sensitive than our flesh to abuse, the areas of emotions and
spirit. Words often hit harder than a fist.

We say things to others that we are not sensitive to, but they
hear with a loud pain. Often, it is something that we say in
fun, yet it knocks the wind out of the other person.

Like Puddin, you may not think they can hear a painful sound,
but the sound hurts. The difference with words is that the pain
doesn't stop when the words stop. It can echo within the soul
for years. Relationships between spouses, parents and children,
co-workers, even church folk, can be broken with a sound of
harsh words that the sensitive hears.

Before you lash out at someone, blindly criticize them, or talk
down to them, remember, they may hear in your words things that
you cannot.

They may sensitive, be careful when you press the button.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no myths in Christianity. So what if there are Christians holding to a flat earth? Let me call your bluff, name a bunch of them please. Why you side track? Am I saying East got no inventions? I am saying that modern science was born in the Christian West. You may not like the truth but still you have to accept it. Truth is truth.

So what? Lol, these dudes believed in the Bible saying the earth is flat. McDonald comes from the west too. Why don't you cite that?

There is no proof that western invention are motivated by Bible. There are many examples of harms to humanity motivated by Bible like black slavery and insquisition. Wake up!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rivers of Blood

I will leave your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will water the land with what flows from you, and the river be shall be filled with your blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens, and all the stars will darken; (Ezekiel 32:5-7 NAB)