• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Praise the lord, lol!!!!!

Bible Quote for March 13

Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)
Appreciating this passage in Hebrew hyperbole, the most logical conclusion is...the Hebrew writers or contributors have a peculiar fondness ofor virgins...that lead to another story of 72 virgins..:wink:

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If You Can't Sleep[

If you can't sleep, then get up and do something
instead of lying there worrying.

It's the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 20

Women Are Subordinate to Men

Women should listen and learn quietly and submissively. I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. A it was the woman, not Adam, who was deceived by Satan, and sin was the result. But women will be saved through childbearing and by continuing to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty. (1 Timothy 2:11-15 NLT)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 21

Slaves Obey Your Masters

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serv Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One Condition

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God,
"Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?" God asks.
"Lord," she says, "I know you've created me and have provided
this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, and
that weird snake, but I'm lonely."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man
for you," the good Lord tells her.

"What's a 'man', Lord?" she inquires.

"A flawed creature, with aggressive tendencies, an enormous ego
and an inability to empathize or listen to you properly.

All in all, he'll give you a hard time. He'll be bigger and
faster and more muscular than you."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, you can have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?" she asks.

"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's Taught

Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son.
You know what he hates? Naps! End of list.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 20

Women Are Subordinate to Men

Women should listen and learn quietly and submissively. I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. A it was the woman, not Adam, who was deceived by Satan, and sin was the result. But women will be saved through childbearing and by continuing to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty. (1 Timothy 2:11-15 NLT)

This passage has to be appreciated in pauline hyperbole, bearing in mind that Paul is a single man when it was written...
Thank you, bro Frodo for pointing out the right way to read the mythical holey bible:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 21

Slaves Obey Your Masters

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serv Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

This passage has to be appreciated in jewish custom hyperbole, bearing in mind that the jew tribe was very and comparably backwards and salvage in that era..
Thank you again, bro Frodo for pointing out the right way to read the mythical holey bible:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Condition

One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God,
"Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?" God asks.
"Lord," she says, "I know you've created me and have provided
this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, and
that weird snake, but I'm lonely."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man
for you," the good Lord tells her.

"What's a 'man', Lord?" she inquires.

"A flawed creature, with aggressive tendencies, an enormous ego
and an inability to empathize or listen to you properly.

All in all, he'll give you a hard time. He'll be bigger and
faster and more muscular than you."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, you can have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?" she asks.

"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."

Frodo, it would be a great service to your 'Lord' for you to advise us how this passage should be appreciated? In jew custom or mythological hperbole?

Keeping silent means you are not doing the bestow service:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo, it would be a great service to your 'Lord' for you to advise us how this passage should be appreciated? In jew custom or mythological hperbole?

Keeping silent means you are not doing the bestow service:wink:

You disappoint me. After a couple of days you remain unable to answer my question of what law was Paul referring to that women must keep silent in the church meetings. Neither am I interested to wade through your verbal garbage at the other thread that you hurl at another fellow poster just to tease out the supposed answer to my question. It was a simple question, you could have just said you don't know.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moving In The Right Direction?

I find the great thing in this world
is not so much where we stand,

as in what direction we are moving:

To reach the port of heaven,
we must sail sometimes with the wind
and sometimes against it,
but we must sail,
and not drift,
nor lie at anchor

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
You disappoint me. After a couple of days you remain unable to answer my question of what law was Paul referring to that women must keep silent in the church meetings. Neither am I interested to wade through your verbal garbage at the other thread that you hurl at another fellow poster just to tease out the supposed answer to my question. It was a simple question, you could have just said you don't know.

I said I don't know. You know :wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for March 23

Rivers of Blood

I will leave your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I water the land with what flows from you, and the river beds shall be filled with blood. When I snuff you out I will cover the heavens, and all the stars will dark (Ezekiel 32:5-7 NAB)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said I don't know. You know :wink:

So you are an "expert" on what you don't know about the Bible? Or expert in sidestepping questions? All your postings of verses lifted out of context, do you have the right interpretation to begin with, or are you just throwing out such verses to distort and denigrate the Christian religion? What are your honest intentions with these postings? If you start without good intentions then any replies would just be casting pearls before swine or playing harp to the bull. Please demonstrate that it is worthwhile for me to engage further on this with you. Show some real knowledge. Anyone can post verses, that proves nothing in my view.

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are an "expert" on what you don't know about the Bible? Or expert in sidestepping questions? All your postings of verses lifted out of context, do you have the right interpretation to begin with, or are you just throwing out such verses to distort and denigrate the Christian religion? What are your honest intentions with these postings? If you start without good intentions then any replies would just be casting pearls before swine or playing harp to the bull. Please demonstrate that it is worthwhile for me to engage further on this with you. Show some real knowledge. Anyone can post verses, that proves nothing in my view.

You can't even pintpoint which verses I quoted were out of context and in what way they are. You are just a parroting dude.
Talking about quoting verses out of context, I am the one that caught another christian brother of your who called himself a true christain pant down for quoting verses the bible out of context. His motive was to propagate his lie, when I exposed him, he was speechless and had to disappear. Please go and read again the posts I suggested you to read to see how I exposed him:wink: You come in suggesting reading bible scriptures in hyperbole, you don't show you can do hyperbole reading yourself. Either you are a parrot or simply ignorance:wink:

I doubt you know how many books are there in the bible, less reading deuteronomy or leviticus:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Corinthians 7 Paul said: It is a good thing for a man not to touch a woman. Because of immorality, every man should have his own wife and every woman her own husband. They should fulfill their duties towards each other. Neither have authority over their own bodies, the other does. Don’t deprive each other except for prayer then come back to each other so Satan doesn’t tempt you through lack of self-control. I wish everyone to be as I am, but each has a gift from God. For the single, it is better to stay single as I do. If you don’t have self-control you should marry. It is better to marry than to be on fire. If you’re married, you should not separate nor divorce. If your spouse is an unbeliever, don’t divorce him or her for he or she becomes holy through you. (How?) By being together, your children will be holy. If the unbeliever separates, let him or her. You are not bound in such cases. (Really?) Live as God has assigned you. Are you bound to a wife? Then, do not seek separation. Are you free for a wife? Then do not look for a wife. (What?) If you marry, you do not sin but you will experience affliction in your earthly life. I would like to spare you from that. Let those having wives act as not having them (Whoa!).

I’d like to see you free of anxieties. Unmarried men and virgin women are anxious about how to please God. Married men and women are anxious about how to please each other; taking away and distracting from God. If one thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, and if a critical moment has come and so it has to be, let him do as he wishes. He commits no sin. Catholic

Question: What? Isn’t Paul promoting rape, out of wedlock sex and teen pregnancy?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't even pintpoint which verses I quoted were out of context and in what way they are. You are just a parroting dude.
Talking about quoting verses out of context, I am the one that caught another christian brother of your who called himself a true christain pant down for quoting verses the bible out of context. His motive was to propagate his lie, when I exposed him, he was speechless and had to disappear. Please go and read again the posts I suggested you to read to see how I exposed him:wink: You come in suggesting reading bible scriptures in hyperbole, you don't show you can do hyperbole reading yourself. Either you are a parrot or simply ignorance:wink:

I doubt you know how many books are there in the bible, less reading deuteronomy or leviticus:wink:

I am not interested with what is going in with you and another Christian at the other thead. All I saw was your taunts, mockery and ridicule. What you think you have exposed of him is your own opinion. But you are still unable to tell me what law Paul was referring to that woman should keep silent in the church meeting.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Choose Your Words Well

A certain good woman one day said something that hurt her best
friend of many years. She regretted it immediately and would
have done anything to have taken the words back. But they were
said impulsively in a moment of thoughtlessness, and as close
as she and her friend were, she didn't consider the effects of
her words before hand.

What she said hurt the friend so much that this good woman was
herself hurt for the pain she caused. In her effort to undo
what she had done, she went to an older, wiser woman in the
village, explained her situation, and asked for advice.

The older woman listened patiently in an effort to determine
just how sincere the younger woman was, how far she was willing
to go to correct the situation. She explained that sometimes,
in order to put things back in order, great efforts must be made.

She then asked, "Just what would you be willing to do to repair
the harm done?" The answer was heartfelt. "Anything!"

Listening to her, the older woman sensed the younger woman's
distress and knew she must help her. She also knew she could
never alleviate her pain by living her life for her, but she
could teach, if the younger woman would first listen and then
learn.

She knew the outcome would depend solely on the character of the
younger woman. She said, "There are two things you need to do to
make amends. The first of the two is extremely difficult.

Tonight, take your best feather pillows and open a small hole
in each one. Then, before the sun rises, you must put a single
feather on the doorstep of each house in town.

When you are through, come back to me. If you've done the first
thing completely, I'll tell you the second."

The young woman hurried home to prepare for her chore, even
though the pillows were very dear to her and very expensive.

All night long, she labored alone in the cold. She went from
doorstep to doorstep, taking care not to overlook a single
house. Her fingers were frozen, the wind was so sharp it caused
her eyes to water, but she ran on through the darkened streets,
thankful there was something she could do to put things back the
way they once were.

Finally as the sky was getting light, she placed the last
feather on the steps of the last house. Just as the sun rose,
she returned to the older woman.

She was exhausted but relieved that her efforts would be
rewarded.

"My pillows are empty. I placed a feather on the doorstep of
each home." "Now," said the wise woman, "Go back and refill your
pillows. Then everything will be as it was before."

The young woman was stunned. "You know that's impossible!
The wind blew away each feather as fast as I placed them on the
doorsteps! You didn't say I had to get them back! If this is
the second requirement, then things will never be the same."

"That's true," said the older woman. "Never forget. Each of
your words is like a feather in the wind. Once spoken, no
amount of effort, regardless how heartfelt or sincere, can ever
return them to your mouth. Choose your words well and guard
them most of all in the presence of those you love."