• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Junior College students FORCED to attend YOG games

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - JC students FORCED to attend YOG games</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-14 9:09 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>37555.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Junior College students FORCED to attend YOG games

PostDateIcon.png
August 14th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/08/14/junior-college-students-forced-to-attend-yog-games/

Im a 17 year old from a Junior College. I find it absoulutely absurd that we have been given a letter from the college which states that we have been SPECIALLY chosen to attend one of the YOG events.
I find it absurd that we have been asked or rather mobilised to go for the Football match this Sunday at Jln Besar Stadium when the government for the past few months has been telling us, we members of the public that sale of YOG tickets for the events ”are going very well”.
This leads me to wonder why then is MOE issuing a directive to colleges to get students to go for some of these events. The truth is that many of these events are only in their preliminary stages and thus no one would want to attend. Thus it would look very very bad for the host country if no one were to attend these games.
But honestly, I think we are being treated like slaves. The college has handed down instructions that anyone who do not attend these games will have to do 6 hours of Corrective Work Order. Why use such drastic methods ?
Furthermore, the college had also forced us to go down and support the Torch bearers. So that it would look good on newspaper.. this is rather oppressive and I see no difference between the YOG committee, MOE, the government and the Communists in China where people were forced to attend events just to make up the numbers.
IM WRITING THIS ON BEHALF OF EVERY JUNIOR COLLEGE STUDENT WHO HAS BEEN FORCED TO ATTEND ANY YOG EVENTS/GAMES.

Jane Doe

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>limpy lau peng (singaforever) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:02 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>6/8,10/9, forums.delphiforums.com/anymos (ANYMOS) <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (3 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>37555.3 in reply to 37555.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>My son also received the notification too but no mention of CWO (He's from a primary school). I will try to scan a copy for all to see. But interestingly, the letter stated that the students are not permitted to carry anything that has the words "Nike" and "Adidas" (I think those were the two brands mentioned).
Simply what this means is that MOE had bought 80,000 tickets and they need to use them to show support for the YOG.
I wonder what the auditor will say about the purchase of these tickets. The funds were used for something that has nothing to do with MOE core buisness.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 8/15/2010 3:13 am by limpy lau peng (singaforever)</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nike and Adidas refused to sponsor, so they boycott them.

Anyway, my sec. sch. littlest cousin kena volunteer appointment letter also a couple of days before opening ceremony. She went for a day and went TTSH OP Clinic the next day. It cost my aunt S$100+ but she got her MC and letter of excuse.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyway, my sec. sch. littlest cousin kena volunteer appointment letter also a couple of days before opening ceremony. She went for a day and went TTSH OP Clinic the next day. It cost my aunt S$100+ but she got her MC and letter of excuse.

Even no MC what can school do. Just tell them have fever and only buy medicine from pharmacy or take medicine still left in drawer what can school do?
Buy medicine from pharmacy is cheaper lo. If need to see doctor ask the principal school want to pay the fee or not?:biggrin:
If I were the parent if kena action, I will bring this matter up to main news. Make sure principal will be mark.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
CAN SOMEONE SCAN A COPY OF "FORCED PARTICIPATION" FOR STUDENTS TO "HELP" IN YOG.

I WANT TO SEE SUCH A LETTER TOO.

I HEARD SOME IOC PEOPLE ALSO WANT TO SEE.

IF NOT, IT'S PROBABLY STARTED AT TR WEBSITE.

SO TR PEOPLE, START PUBLISHING OR LOSE CREDIBILITY.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was told motorla also, & no other carbonated drinks other than a certain brand is allowed...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you guys will teach a child to lie and get a MC to avoid going for a school event (even thought they hate it).

And when the child grows up to keng during NS and work, you condemn him?

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
But honestly, I think we are being treated like slaves. The college has handed down instructions that anyone who do not attend these games will have to do 6 hours of Corrective Work Order. Why use such drastic methods ?

wahlaneh...
youths cannot be charged at detention barracks like SAF personnel mah n they didnt commit any crime to be sent to prison so CWO might be the only way to punish them lor.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol, Jane Do likes to write for TR, so does John Do, hahaha. Another rubbish report from TR, lol

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so scared . If not happy don't ever let your children attend it .

If worst come to worst . Take some public measure !

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This looks more like something someone could easily make from MS Word.

Hope something more credible appears, showing the letterhead and name of the school. Better yet, consent forms from multiple schools even.

Maybe a photo taken with some surroundings would be good too.

pic not from me.. i got it from HWZ

yoginvitation469x480.jpg