• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Johor Property Market Collapsed Thanks To Covid! Property Investors Can't Offload Can't Rent Out! Fucking Losers!

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If its available, you should be on the look out for nasi dagang and nasi kerabu. Its a sensation. Mostly from north east/southern thailand but its coming down to the south slowly but surely.
Thank you for your recommendation but I’m a pork person… kerbau are meant to toil in the fields

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share some clues on the JB properties: the real shitty ones are the condos. I argued with one guy years ago condo in JB makes absolute no sense and it doesn’t take a genius to understand that. For good landed properties at the “prime” JB locations, the price is at that kind of rock bottom that it can’t go any lower, it is true - it can’t go lower because even I am considering jumping in at this juncture. Do not be fooled by the advertisements - you can offer any price. There are owners who will let go just to get out of the shit.
Just to share some clues on the JB properties: the real shitty ones are the condos. I argued with one guy years ago condo in JB makes absolute no sense and it doesn’t take a genius to understand that. For good landed properties at the “prime” JB locations, the price is at that kind of rock bottom that it can’t go any lower, it is true - it can’t go lower because even I am considering jumping in at this juncture. Do not be fooled by the advertisements - you can offer any price. There are owners who will let go just to get out of the shit.hy

Wy d

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share some clues on the JB properties: the real shitty ones are the condos. I argued with one guy years ago condo in JB makes absolute no sense and it doesn’t take a genius to understand that. For good landed properties at the “prime” JB locations, the price is at that kind of rock bottom that it can’t go any lower, it is true - it can’t go lower because even I am considering jumping in at this juncture. Do not be fooled by the advertisements - you can offer any price. There are owners who will let go just to get out of the shit.
I have a curious question about owning and buying residential property in Johor. Fair enough, the only state you can buy property will be Johor, JB and Penang because it tangible.

I have a better solution. If you want to stay long, why not just rent a property and stay there. There are tons of property in Johor waiting to be rented. It costs RM 1k just to rent a shoebox condo and have a roof over your head ( alone staying). Maintenance and repair will fall into the hands of landlord or even building management. After a few years , you can simply move on and get a newer property to stay. Life is good. Don't even need to own a property in foreign land, specially in Johor to be able to relax.

You can actually move around using grab if you can't get a permit to own your own vehicle.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can actually move around using grab if you can't get a permit to own your own vehicle.
Foreignor need permit to own vehicle in Malaysia meh? I thought anybody can buy and register vehicle in his/her name, just cannot drive long term in Mudland without a local driving license. Anybody able to confirm whether my understanding is right or wrong.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreignor need permit to own vehicle in Malaysia meh? I thought anybody can buy and register vehicle in his/her name, just cannot drive long term in Mudland without a local driving license. Anybody able to confirm whether my understanding is right or wrong.
You can't own a car unless you got the MM2H . With MM2H , one can buy a house and a car via bank loan.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't own a car unless you got the MM2H . With MM2H , one can buy a house and a car via bank loan.
What if pay 100% cash for the car, still can't own car without MM2H?
What about those who got their MM2H under the old rules ie RM10k offshore income per month? Now changed to RM40k per month and applicable to existing MM2H holders as well! So how, they must sell their cars?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if pay 100% cash for the car, still can't own car without MM2H?
What about those who got their MM2H under the old rules ie RM10k offshore income per month? Now changed to RM40k per month and applicable to existing MM2H holders as well! So how, they must sell their cars?
KL have some silly rules tgey create so that gomen can hire even more unemployable people. On car ownership, i sm not so sure as many foreigners on work permits drive cars in KL

All those who were under previous MM2H are exempted from new rules. If you want, bangkok targets 1 million expats on their second home rules.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KL have some silly rules tgey create so that gomen can hire even more unemployable people. On car ownership, i sm not so sure as many foreigners on work permits drive cars in KL

All those who were under previous MM2H are exempted from new rules. If you want, bangkok targets 1 million expats on their second home rules.

In US, can buy car even if one is a foreigner on a tourist visa...

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have a curious question about owning and buying residential property in Johor. Fair enough, the only state you can buy property will be Johor, JB and Penang because it tangible.

I have a better solution. If you want to stay long, why not just rent a property and stay there. There are tons of property in Johor waiting to be rented. It costs RM 1k just to rent a shoebox condo and have a roof over your head ( alone staying). Maintenance and repair will fall into the hands of landlord or even building management. After a few years , you can simply move on and get a newer property to stay. Life is good. Don't even need to own a property in foreign land, specially in Johor to be able to relax.

That works as well. I’ve stayed in a decent rented corner terrace for a few years in JB before, at a decent location, RM1k per month

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I’m pretty sure the MY Govt will reverse their stance on MM2H…. But much damage has been done

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia to open Langkawi to foreign tourists in bubble plan​

[KUALA LUMPUR] Malaysia will reopen the tourist haven of Langkawi islands to overseas visitors beginning Nov 15, under a pilot international tourism bubble project that will run for three months.

The government has approved protocols for international tourists to enter the islands without having to quarantine, Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in a statement on Friday. Visitors must be "high-yield", fully vaccinated, and stay for at least three days, among other requirements. Malaysia will evaluate the pilot project before emulating it in other tourist destinations throughout the country, Ismail added.

The Southeast Asian nation is following in the footsteps of neighbouring countries such as Thailand and Singapore in easing quarantine rules for inoculated visitors, as the region seeks to recover from the global pandemic.

Tight movement restrictions for most of the year tipped Malaysia's gross domestic product into a quarterly contraction during April-June.

Malaysia's speedy vaccine rollout in recent months has helped the country turn a corner.

The states of Terengganu and Johor will transition to the final phase of the national recovery plan from Monday, joining Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, Ismail said. The government also approved rules for allowing migrant workers to re-enter Malaysia on a case-by-case basis, he said.

Last week, Malaysia ended a months-long ban on interstate travel after the nation reached its target of vaccinating 90 per cent of the adult population. The government also allowed citizens to travel overseas without prior approval. The government expects to fully reopen its domestic economy by the end of 2021 and return to pre-pandemic growth next year, Finance Minister Zafrul Abdul Aziz said last week.

BLOOMBERG

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For good landed properties at the “prime” JB locations, the price is at that kind of rock bottom that it can’t go any lower,

I don't understand JB land zoning. I've seen shitty commercial buildings side by side with large malls, or single storey landed properties next to hotels and large land parcels of that are mostly weeds, puddles and abandoned buildings. JB is clearly sparsely populated enough that land zoning officials do a shitty job of zoning land. I rather sit out property investment in JB.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't understand JB land zoning. I've seen shitty commercial buildings side by side with large malls, or single storey landed properties next to hotels and large land parcels of that are mostly weeds, puddles and abandoned buildings. JB is clearly sparsely populated enough that land zoning officials do a shitty job of zoning land. I rather sit out property investment in JB.
There is no land zoning in JB… the savvy Malaysians will pick the more liveable areas

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m pretty sure the MY Govt will reverse their stance on MM2H…. But much damage has been done
They should not do anything to the current MM2H scheme. They should encourage people to invest and open shop or business in Johor. MM2H can be a piece of sweetener thrown in to sweetened the deal.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no land zoning in JB… the savvy Malaysians will pick the more liveable areas

I've seen liveable areas in JB side by side with car washes, motels and other shady businesses. I rather stick to property investment in Singapore.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've seen liveable areas in JB side by side with car washes, motels and other shady businesses. I rather stick to property investment in Singapore.
That’s not liveable. There are selected pockets I would zone them as “green” for jiuhu standards. Obviously Sinkieland is a safer investment, no comparison. Jiuhu is a place to dump loose change which we are prepared not to take back.