• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jiuhu Kia Ex Pressitude now Banker Lied about Qualifications to Tanglin Club!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tanglin Club embroiled in saga involving ex-president's university qualifications

hzyeoh280722.jpg

Some members are calling for Mr Yeoh En Lai's term of presidency to be voided. PHOTOS: YEOH EN LAI/INSTAGRAM, ALPHONSUS CHERN
wong_shiying.png

Wong Shiying
UPDATED

JUL 29, 2022, 9:54 AM SGT

FacebookTwitter

SINGAPORE - Two weeks after the president of the Tanglin Club resigned amid questions about his university qualifications, the matter is still boiling over.
Some members are calling for Mr Yeoh En Lai's term of presidency to be voided and for the other candidate in the election for club president to be automatically instated.
Mr Yeoh, 48, meanwhile, has hired Senior Counsel Gregory Vijayendran to represent him, he told The Straits Times on Thursday (July 28).

Noting that the club will be conducting a disciplinary inquiry into this episode, Mr Yeoh said: "I will be truthful, transparent and cooperate fully with the process.
"To that end, I have also appointed legal counsel to advise me on this episode and the legal consequences of the same."
On May 30, Mr Yeoh was elected as president of the 157-year-old club, which counts some of Singapore's most prominent businessmen and professionals as members.

This was to have been Mr Yeoh's third and final term as president.

He beat the only other candidate, Mr Henry Ling, who had contested the elections to be president previously without success.
The club elects a new president yearly, and the president, vice-president and honorary treasurer can serve a maximum of three one-year terms.
The club's 4,000 life and ordinary members can vote in the elections.

On July 14, Mr Yeoh, a former journalist who went into banking and is now with a global bank, resigned as president.
He told ST that in his resignation letter, which he sent via e-mail, he explained to the general committee that he had "made mistakes, and attempted to mask over them", but did not elaborate further.
In his e-mail to them, he added that these were mistakes "from a quarter century ago but these are mistakes that have been resurfaced in the course of my tenure, and it is my belief that they will not go away".
He also said in the same e-mail that there had been police reports filed against him over the past few months, “tips” given to the media and his employer was also contacted over allegations of misconduct. Mr Yeoh said in the e-mail that he has since been diagnosed with vestibular disorder.
The matter centres on whether Mr Yeoh had graduated from the University of Melbourne.
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
170 Pines club members who sued tycoon over relocation get nominal $1,500 in damages each
SRC members vote against lease renewal for Padang site and proposed levy
ST understands that the events that led to Mr Yeoh's resignation began on May 12 when some concerns were raised with the club's general manager, Mr David Brightling.
Questions were raised about what Mr Yeoh had declared as his academic and professional qualifications in his nomination papers for the club's presidency elections in 2021 and 2022.
Checks by ST showed that in his 2021 form, Mr Yeoh had stated, among other things, "BA (Politics)", and "Yale School of Business (GFC Mgmt online)", under his academic or professional qualifications.
He did not identify the university he got his bachelor's degree from.
In his 2022 form, Mr Yeoh wrote "Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), Melbourne", and "Learning from the Global Financial Crisis (Yale School of Management)", among other things.
Mr Brightling later allegedly received soft copies of Mr Yeoh's credentials.
They purportedly showed Mr Yeoh has a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Melbourne and a certificate from the Yale School of Management.
But further checks by a member and the club's general committee showed that he did not graduate from the University of Melbourne.
Mr Brightling made a police report on July 13 and Mr Yeoh resigned the next day.
The nature of the police report is unclear.
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
PSLE was highest qualification of conman who faked certs, including first-class engineering degree from NUS
2 foreigners jailed, 19 others barred from working in S'pore over false educational qualifications
Up till recently, Mr Yeoh's LinkedIn profile stated only that he had graduated from St Paul's Institution in Seremban, Malaysia.
It was later updated to say he had studied in La Trobe University, which is in Melbourne, from 1994 to 1997.
ST asked Mr Yeoh why he had not named the specific university he got his bachelor's degree from in the 2021 and 2022 nomination papers.

He did not want to comment on this, saying that the matter was before his counsel.
But he said: "I have never misrepresented or misstated my credentials to any of my present or past employers and all background checks on me were cleared."
Following his resignation, three past presidents of the club - Mr Richard Eu, Mr Joseph Chew and Mr Sim Yong Chan - called for the May 30 election to be "treated as null and void" and for Mr Ling to be handed the role immediately.
In the wake of Mr Yeoh's resignation, club members have circulated messages to say they will argue for a no-confidence vote should Mr Ling be instated as president.

ST has approached Mr Ling and Mr Brightling for comment.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing surprising

jiuhu chinks even scam their fellow chinks from stinkypura and lie and twist and turn involved in dirty politics and what not behind their backs.

how to trust them on bogus accusations on the innocuous most affable most tolerant of races, the Melayu of Malaysia?

by any calculation, Malaysia is by far the most tolerant country in the world so much so that after giving away stinkypura to the kafir pendatang where the native melayu are seriously discriminated against and the pap-piglet regime has been staunchly anti Islamic (and even aligned with zionist terror regime), the Melayun in malaysia have never once considered taking stinkypura back within its fold which it was fully capable of doing all throug the '70s and early '80s, no problems whatsoever.

what's more. ... malaysia continues to be far more diverse than stinkypura, which in turn, means it is far more diverse than also tiongkok, or ceca virus and also yankees.

yankees maybe far more diverse in the number of countries that their immigrants hail from (even though Malaysia still plays host to what - maybe 100 or 120, maybe 150+ countries - is a very high number of foreign nationalities) but their overall share in anything in daily life is quite minimal or insignificant.

you certainly don't get to see "chinapress.com.us" in yankee territory
you certainly don't get to see "malaysiapress.com.us" run by melayun in yankee territory
you certainly don't get to see "malaysiapress.com.cn" run by melayun in tiongkok
you certainly don't get to see "malaysiapress.com.in" run by melayun in ceca virus territory

but you do get to see "chinapress.com.my" run by kafir chink pendatang in melayun territory

moreover you don't get to see racist melayun supremacist community in tiongkok, ceca virus territory or yankee territory

but you get to seee racist chink kafir pendatang supremacist community in malaysia

you get to see vernacular language education for kafir pendatang who number close to 10 million in malaysia after excluding stinkypura (together, the kafir pendatang outnumbered the natives by the end of the 1945 war)

you don't get to see chinks or ah neh celebrating their backward cultural traditions with pomp in yankee territory, and you don't get to see malaun celebrate any tradition whatsoever in chink or ceca virus or yankee territory

you don't get to see political parties dedicated solely to one community such as MCA (for chink kafir pendatang) or MIC (for ah neh kafir pendatang) or even extremist parties like DAP, which is an offshoot of pap-piglets of stinkypura

unlike pap-piglet run stinkypura which has effectively banned all oppos and turned it into a fiefdom, one party state, lee dynasty, autocratic dictatorial system of governance with 160th ranked bogus propaganda media.

malaysia is much more vibrant, democratic, freer.

with far greater vehicle ownership per capita (it remains a dream for most stinkies to this day to own their personal vehicles), much bigger and comfortable houses, much greater land area with much more beautiful scenes, greater scope for a wider range of activities to take part in.

much more vibrant enjoyable lifestyle, not so stressful and overworked as stinkypura where elderly have to clean tables for a living acc 2 pap-piglets' formula

:roflmao:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has got 80% of the population chinese so i assume it will be downhill from here on. Meanwhile, i maybe on strike or go slow with my deliveroos union members soon unless things are resolved. those milf will be dissapointed if it goes ahead.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din know that you need a university degree to be in this post. Just a fucking AMDK club to play tennis, have high tea and swim.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din know that you need a university degree to be in this post. Just a fucking AMDK club to play tennis, have high tea and swim.
He lied. Ethically failed. H3 should not have said he is a graduate in the first place.