• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jim Rogers - Worst Bear Market in His Life Comming! LaoSai & Diarrhea in 2022!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jim Rogers: Next bear market will be ‘the worst in my lifetime’ — here are 3 assets he's using for 2022 crash protection​

Jing Pan
Sat, January 1, 2022, 10:00 PM·4 min read

Jim Rogers: Next bear market will be ‘the worst in my lifetime’ — here are 3 assets he's using for 2022 crash protection

Jim Rogers: Next bear market will be ‘the worst in my lifetime’ — here are 3 assets he's using for 2022 crash protection
The Santa Claus rally has brought the market to new highs as we enter 2022, but it’s important to remember that stocks don’t always go up in straight lines.
Famed investor Jim Rogers has seen quite a few bear markets in the last half century, and he fears the biggest one yet could be right around the corner.
“The next bear market will be the worst in my lifetime,” he predicted in a Q3 interview with financial advisory firm Wealthion.

To be sure, Rogers has been bearish on the U.S. stock market for years. But the multimillionaire does know a thing or two about making money in turbulent times.
Rogers co-founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros in 1973 — right in the middle of a devastating bear market. From then till 1980, the portfolio returned 4,200% while the S&P 500 rose 47%.
Here are three assets he recommends keeping in your portfolio to ride out a possible 2022 downturn — even if you’re just sprinkling some of your extra cash on them.

Silver​

Silver ore

Jens Otte / Shutterstock
Rogers has long been a fan of commodities, and silver is one of his favorites.
“The all-time high for silver is $50 an ounce; now it’s $23. Why can’t silver go back to its all-time high? That’s the way markets usually work,” he says.
Investors love silver because it can be a store of value and a hedge against rising interest rates and inflation.
At the same time, it’s widely used as an industrial metal. For instance, silver is a critical component in solar panels. So with increasing solar adoption, demand for the grey metal could get another boost.
Rising prices benefit miners, so some of the easiest ways to play a looming silver boom are through companies like Wheaton Precious Metals, Pan American Silver and Coeur Mining.

Copper​

Copper wire

ShutterStock
Unlike silver, which is trading at less than half its all-time high, copper hit new heights in 2021.
But Rogers continues to like copper for a very simple reason: electric vehicles.
“An electric car uses several times as much copper as a combustion engineering car, so there’s going to be huge demand for some of these metals that we didn’t have before,” he explains.
“Yes, it’s at all-time highs now, but electric cars are just getting started.”
As is the case with silver, investors can use copper miners to get exposure to the metal. Companies like Rio Tinto, Freeport-McMoRan and Southern Copper are well-positioned to capitalize on the copper boom.
To be sure, many copper miners have already enjoyed substantial rallies in their share prices.
If you’re on the fence about jumping into the metal at this point, remember you don’t have to start big. A popular trading app even allows you to buy fractions of shares with as much money as you are willing to spend.

Agriculture​

Wheat field against blue sky

thayra / Twenty20
Rogers loves agricultural commodities, like sugar or corn. But this time, he’s also stressing the importance of farmland itself.
“Unless we’re going to stop wearing clothes and eating food, agriculture is going to get better. If you really, really love it, go out there and get yourself a farm and you’ll get very, very, very rich,” he says.
Indeed, farmland could be a great hedge because it’s intrinsically valuable and has little correlation with the ups and downs of the stock market.
Over the years, agriculture has been shown to offer higher risk-adjusted returns than both stocks and real estate.
The best part? You don’t need to get your hands dirty to get a piece of the action.
New platforms allow you to invest in U.S. farmland by taking a stake in the farm of your choice. You’ll earn cash income from the leasing fees and crop sales. And of course, you’ll benefit from any long-term appreciation on top of that.

A fourth alternative​

Side view of a beautiful young woman studying and watching the abstract paintings and colorful canvases during a visit to the art gallery

Beach Creatives/Shutterstock
There's one more overlooked physical asset that has little correlation with the stock market — and it might offer even bigger upside potential: fine art.
Contemporary artwork has outperformed the S&P 500 by a commanding 174% over the past 25 years, according to the Citi Global Art Market chart.
And it’s becoming a popular way to diversify because it’s a real physical asset with little correlation to the stock market.
On a scale of -1 to +1, with 0 representing no link at all, Citi found the correlation between contemporary art and the S&P 500 was just 0.12 during the past 25 years.
Investing in art by the likes of Banksy and Andy Warhol used to be an option only for the ultrarich, like Rogers. But with a new investing platform, you can invest in iconic artworks just like Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates do.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
he been calling it for years..... US market too high indeed but when it crash is everybody guess

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jim Rogers: Next bear market will be ‘the worst in my lifetime’ — here are 3 assets he's using for 2022 crash protection​

Jing Pan
Sat, January 1, 2022, 10:00 PM·4 min read

The Santa Claus rally has brought the market to new highs as we enter 2022, but it’s important to remember that stocks don’t always go up in straight lines.
Famed investor Jim Rogers has seen quite a few bear markets in the last half century, and he fears the biggest one yet could be right around the corner.
“The next bear market will be the worst in my lifetime,” he predicted in a Q3 interview with financial advisory firm Wealthion.

To be sure, Rogers has been bearish on the U.S. stock market for years. But the multimillionaire does know a thing or two about making money in turbulent times.
Rogers co-founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros in 1973 — right in the middle of a devastating bear market. From then till 1980, the portfolio returned 4,200% while the S&P 500 rose 47%.
Here are three assets he recommends keeping in your portfolio to ride out a possible 2022 downturn — even if you’re just sprinkling some of your extra cash on them.

Silver​

Silver ore

Jens Otte / Shutterstock
Rogers has long been a fan of commodities, and silver is one of his favorites.
“The all-time high for silver is $50 an ounce; now it’s $23. Why can’t silver go back to its all-time high? That’s the way markets usually work,” he says.
Investors love silver because it can be a store of value and a hedge against rising interest rates and inflation.
At the same time, it’s widely used as an industrial metal. For instance, silver is a critical component in solar panels. So with increasing solar adoption, demand for the grey metal could get another boost.
Rising prices benefit miners, so some of the easiest ways to play a looming silver boom are through companies like Wheaton Precious Metals, Pan American Silver and Coeur Mining.

Copper​

Copper wire

ShutterStock
Unlike silver, which is trading at less than half its all-time high, copper hit new heights in 2021.
But Rogers continues to like copper for a very simple reason: electric vehicles.
“An electric car uses several times as much copper as a combustion engineering car, so there’s going to be huge demand for some of these metals that we didn’t have before,” he explains.
“Yes, it’s at all-time highs now, but electric cars are just getting started.”
As is the case with silver, investors can use copper miners to get exposure to the metal. Companies like Rio Tinto, Freeport-McMoRan and Southern Copper are well-positioned to capitalize on the copper boom.
To be sure, many copper miners have already enjoyed substantial rallies in their share prices.
If you’re on the fence about jumping into the metal at this point, remember you don’t have to start big. A popular trading app even allows you to buy fractions of shares with as much money as you are willing to spend.

Agriculture​

Wheat field against blue sky

thayra / Twenty20
Rogers loves agricultural commodities, like sugar or corn. But this time, he’s also stressing the importance of farmland itself.
“Unless we’re going to stop wearing clothes and eating food, agriculture is going to get better. If you really, really love it, go out there and get yourself a farm and you’ll get very, very, very rich,” he says.
Indeed, farmland could be a great hedge because it’s intrinsically valuable and has little correlation with the ups and downs of the stock market.
Over the years, agriculture has been shown to offer higher risk-adjusted returns than both stocks and real estate.
The best part? You don’t need to get your hands dirty to get a piece of the action.
New platforms allow you to invest in U.S. farmland by taking a stake in the farm of your choice. You’ll earn cash income from the leasing fees and crop sales. And of course, you’ll benefit from any long-term appreciation on top of that.

A fourth alternative​

Side view of a beautiful young woman studying and watching the abstract paintings and colorful canvases during a visit to the art gallery

Beach Creatives/Shutterstock
There's one more overlooked physical asset that has little correlation with the stock market — and it might offer even bigger upside potential: fine art.
Contemporary artwork has outperformed the S&P 500 by a commanding 174% over the past 25 years, according to the Citi Global Art Market chart.
And it’s becoming a popular way to diversify because it’s a real physical asset with little correlation to the stock market.
On a scale of -1 to +1, with 0 representing no link at all, Citi found the correlation between contemporary art and the S&P 500 was just 0.12 during the past 25 years.
Investing in art by the likes of Banksy and Andy Warhol used to be an option only for the ultrarich, like Rogers. But with a new investing platform, you can invest in iconic artworks just like Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates do.
What a old fart when everyone is making record return with Crypto

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jim Rogers has been calling bear markets for more than 10 years. He was right eventually but it was more of luck: the stock market crash of 2020 because of COVID-19. Even so, the market recovered to hit new record highs. It pays to just stay invested and ride out the crash. If one is to time the crash and listed to that charlatan Jim Rogers, one could have got out completely since 2011 and would still be waiting to get back in. Just waiting, waiting for the market to drop below the 2011 level again. LOL.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 15.17.25.png

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody can time the markets perfectly. However, also do not invest in rubbish companies because they truly don't recover even when the economy gets better. Blue chips should be the safest (but mostly expensive), but there are also many smaller counters with viable down-to-earth businesses.

During my early days of investing when I was still a green horn, I also got into losses with some of the rubbish stocks. Fortunately, my other worthy investments helped to recover my losses and even netted some good profits.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

71 years of stock market data reveals investors may be happy in the New Year​

Brian Sozzi
Brian Sozzi
·Anchor, Editor-at-Large
Sat, January 1, 2022, 1:32 AM

After a nearly 29% total return for the S&P 500 this year, history suggests 2022 may see more gains for investors.
Truist Advisory Services co-chief investment officer Keith Lerner found that going back to 1950, when the S&P 500 had a total return of at least 25% in a year, stocks usually rose in the following year. The outcome during that 71 year stretch: stocks advanced 82% of the time, or 14 out of 17 instances.
As the data shows, however, it's not always sunshine and rainbows after a big year for stocks.
Two of the three years where stocks failed to rise after 25%+ annual gains were 1981 and 1990. Lerner points out both of those periods commenced with recessions. The other down year was 1962, which Lerner says was challenged by a "flash crash" and "deteriorating investor confidence."
Lerner doesn't see a recession in the cards for 2022, but acknowledges that it's likely stocks have more modest gains after a banner 2021.
"History is only a guide and should be used alongside other factors, such as the business cycle and fundamentals. Still, the studies reviewed on performance following years with robust market gains, strong price momentum, and shallow pullbacks lend further support to our base case outlook for 2022. That is, we still favor stocks and expect the bull market to extend, though at a much more modest pace relative to 2021. The data also suggest investors should anticipate more normal and deeper corrections relative to the unusually shallow pullbacks seen over the past year. Thus, we remain positive yet realistic entering the new year," Lerner explains.
Another up year for stocks on tap?

Another up year for stocks on tap?
To be sure, the market enters 2022 with considerable momentum that go a long way to nailing down a positive year ahead.
The S&P 500 notched its 70th record close of the year on Wednesday. As Yahoo Finance's Alexandra Semenova points out, the S&P 500 recorded a new all-time high every month this year. That makes 2021 among the best years ever for investors.
Meanwhile, well-known companies such as Apple, Home Depot, McDonald's, Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble continue to hover around record highs.
"We encourage our clients not to get out, to stay in the market. When the recoveries hit, when the sentiment changes, it happens so quickly that often by the time you're able to get back into the market, you have already missed out," said Erin Gibbs, Main Street Asset Management chief investment officer, on Yahoo Finance Live.

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/71-y...s-may-be-happy-in-the-new-year-173229105.html

In my opinion, 2022 may not be a doom and gloom year. The virus pandemic may be easing as more are getting infected with Omicron but survived, leading to a natural herd immunity. Inflation should plateau by 2Q2022. Even if the FED will increase interest rates by 3 times (of 0.25% each time), it will still be less than 1% for the year. Of course, the gains in shares in 2022 will be more moderated and will not be as spectacular as in 2021. The above are my personal views.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
Jim Rogers broken cock is just that - T.A.L.K.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/extr...ke-jim-rogers-provide-no-value-144747654.html

He has been consistently wrong in the past two decades. This is a cocky person who just keeps on guessing.

In 2007, He wrote the book, Bull in China, before China Olympics 2008, and thereafter China shares crashed (like lost decade).
In 2009, he said farmers will drive Lamborghini and thereafter, palm oil, soft commodity prices crashed beyond recognition.
In 2010, he talked about mining surge and industrial metals crashed.
When donald trump won in 2017, he said market will crash from 2018. DJIA up 50%, Nasdaq up almost 100% till Trump stepped down.

Broken clock will be right twice a day, but this is Jim Roger's Clock

broken-hands-of-clock-FSIF04725.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shiok ah! This morning made 308 points on my first trade of the day shorting the HSI, then another 120 points shorting again when the market rebound after I covered my first trade. Then, change course and long (but only half my regular position size as market is still in "long term" bear, so this is a counter-trend trade) and surprise surprise made even more points on the way up in a bear market! Exit before the usual dull period and knock off for the day. Big "mistake", market drops off even more. Still, this is my biggest winning day of 2022 and I only traded half of the morning, not even the whole morning and completely missed the afternoon action while I do the actual work for which I am paid my fixed salary. Next time must be more greedy when the conditions are right. It feels good to be winning when the crowd is losing. Moral of the story - as a day trader pay attention to the "long term" trend but only pull the trigger either to initiate or close a trade based on the short term buying/selling imbalance you see on the streaming intra-day charts.

Hong Kong Stocks Lose Two-Decade Anchor Amid Tech Meltdown​

Akshay Chinchalkar
06:33 AM IST, 15 Mar 2022 12:06 PM IST, 15 Mar 2022

(Bloomberg) -- The implosion in Chinese technology stocks leaves strategists staring at chart patterns that few had thought possible. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index slid Tuesday after hitting a six-year low a day earlier, while the 30-member Hang Seng Tech Index’s losses this week reached some 12%. The meltdown was sparked by the worry that Chinese firms could be ostracized if the nation is seen as helping Russia in its war with Ukraine.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/hong-kong-stocks-lose-two-decade-anchor-amid-meltdown-in-tech
Copyright © BloombergQuint

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has been consistently wrong in the past two decades. This is a cocky person who just keeps on guessing.

In 2007, He wrote the book, Bull in China, before China Olympics 2008, and thereafter China shares crashed (like lost decade).
In 2009, he said farmers will drive Lamborghini and thereafter, palm oil, soft commodity prices crashed beyond recognition.
In 2010, he talked about mining surge and industrial metals crashed.
When donald trump won in 2017, he said market will crash from 2018. DJIA up 50%, Nasdaq up almost 100% till Trump stepped down.

Broken clock will be right twice a day, but this is Jim Roger's Clock

broken-hands-of-clock-FSIF04725.jpg
exactly on point. He trades on his fame. Bo liao one.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shiok ah! This morning made 308 points on my first trade of the day shorting the HSI, then another 120 points shorting again when the market rebound after I covered my first trade. Then, change course and long (but only half my regular position size as market is still in "long term" bear, so this is a counter-trend trade) and surprise surprise made even more points on the way up in a bear market! Exit before the usual dull period and knock off for the day. Big "mistake", market drops off even more. Still, this is my biggest winning day of 2022 and I only traded half of the morning, not even the whole morning and completely missed the afternoon action while I do the actual work for which I am paid my fixed salary. Next time must be more greedy when the conditions are right. It feels good to be winning when the crowd is losing. Moral of the story - as a day trader pay attention to the "long term" trend but only pull the trigger either to initiate or close a trade based on the short term buying/selling imbalance you see on the streaming intra-day charts.

Hong Kong Stocks Lose Two-Decade Anchor Amid Tech Meltdown​

Akshay Chinchalkar
06:33 AM IST, 15 Mar 2022 12:06 PM IST, 15 Mar 2022

(Bloomberg) -- The implosion in Chinese technology stocks leaves strategists staring at chart patterns that few had thought possible. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index slid Tuesday after hitting a six-year low a day earlier, while the 30-member Hang Seng Tech Index’s losses this week reached some 12%. The meltdown was sparked by the worry that Chinese firms could be ostracized if the nation is seen as helping Russia in its war with Ukraine.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/hong-kong-stocks-lose-two-decade-anchor-amid-meltdown-in-tech
Copyright © BloombergQuint
well done. were you on margin?