• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

Last Saturday nite, my car got break in. They smashed my car's front passenger window. Took away my wallet and Ipad which I had hide it under my car seat. That area was a public car park near the seafood shop opposite the Nusa Duta. My car was parked at one corner which was quite dark (regretted) The theft took away all my cash, Sin & Ring and ipad. They threw back all my VISA cards. Before, I parked my car, I didn't even take out or show out my bag.

Had already made the police report, to claim insurance. Very disappointed about the area.

Sorry to hear about this. Can you confirm is it the area behind Ambank along Bestari road? I recall there are some seafood coffee shops there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Last Saturday nite, my car got break in. They smashed my car's front passenger window. Took away my wallet and Ipad which I had hide it under my car seat. That area was a public car park near the seafood shop opposite the Nusa Duta. My car was parked at one corner which was quite dark (regretted) The theft took away all my cash, Sin & Ring and ipad. They threw back all my VISA cards. Before, I parked my car, I didn't even take out or show out my bag.

Had already made the police report, to claim insurance. Very disappointed about the area.

So sorry to hear, normally such thieves have followed one via a motorcycle earlier on and have spotted valuables being displayed or brought onboard. One time in Century Sq, this happened to a friend of mine as well. When the owner does not appear to have brought it out with them, it may be clear that the items are still on board.

Some may also have battery or power source detectors and know that the cars have valuables on board. They will normally put a bowling ball inside a bag and use it to smash or use tools which are meant to break windows in an emergency. They typically have lookouts prior to doing anything.

Just as we don't leave valuables in cars in SG, here we should also not leave anything in the car no matter where we are. Even if the theft is small change, the damage to the side windows are normally not covered and is troublesome to fix.

I would recommend a good security film like the type below.
http://www.armorshield.com.sg/products/specification

Last edited:

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal

I came out straight from jb house. Also don't know why my car alarm never work. Bbut. I knew they had disconnected it.

Actually, before this my brown did mention his friend who is very interested to buy a house here, his car, honda stream, was stolen beside Giant carpark.

Opposite Nusa Duta, a lot of cars repair shops n Makan shops.

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: New developments to share

A few Singaporean Malay were robbed and almost slashed by Parangs in Gelang Patah when they drop by to visit properties near Taman Nusa Peritinis a few days ago. 4 Robbers alighted from car and put parang at ones neck. No choice but to give everything. They even wanted to rob their Subaru Impreza but werent successful.

Used to think that Nusajaya is much safer as compare to other areas in jb....hmm.....afterall , Nusajaya is not safe afterall.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

A few Singaporean Malay were robbed and almost slashed by Parangs in Gelang Patah when they drop by to visit properties near Taman Nusa Peritinis a few days ago. 4 Robbers alighted from car and put parang at ones neck. No choice but to give everything. They even wanted to rob their Subaru Impreza but werent successful.

...wah now started to your crime crusade on other thread instead of the crime thread?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to look at properties at 9pm? 6pm+ is already a challenge. They must have infrared eyes. Prob another nonsense report just like the $7k a month taxi driver.

I think it is important for us to exercise common sense as much as caution!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I came out straight from jb house. Also don't know why my car alarm never work. Bbut. I knew they had disconnected it.

Actually, before this my brown did mention his friend who is very interested to buy a house here, his car, honda stream, was stolen beside Giant carpark.

Opposite Nusa Duta, a lot of cars repair shops n Makan shops.

Yes, those are part of Bukit Indah shops, along Bestari road and opposite Tesco.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Car window smashing has been very prevalent in Giant area Bukit Indah well before the shops are fully opened 2-3 years ago. My friends JB plate Estima windows were smashed and items stolen about 2 years ago in the carpark at Giant, right in front of the security guard who claimed he never see anything.

Yes, definitely not the first time got break in case for car. I can recall one forummer here highlighted before he saw broken window pieces on the floor of car park infront of hotel along Bestari road. Another forummer warned of friend's car being driven and stolen from Jusco. Btw Jusco, Tesco, Bukit Indah, Bestari shops are all opposite Nusa Duta.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Car window smashing has been very prevalent in Giant area Bukit Indah well before the shops are fully opened 2-3 years ago. My friends JB plate Estima windows were smashed and items stolen about 2 years ago in the carpark at Giant, right in front of the security guard who claimed he never see anything.

Gosh! The security guard must be on their payroll!

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

A "panic button" app has recently been launched for Johor and Selangor. The Johor app is called Community Alerts. How effective it will be depends on how fast the police respond. Let's give the police the benefit of the doubt. You can read more about it below. The authorities are now planning a nationwide app that will integrate both these 2 states-based apps:

-------

Panic button app for all Malaysian states soon
By Farik Zolkepli and Austin Camoens
The Star/Asia News Network | Sat, Mar 23, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR - Bukit Aman hopes to implement a panic button application nationwide after the success of similar initiatives in other states.

Federal National Key Results Areas (NKRA) secretariat chief Comm Datuk Ayub Yaakob said it would be modelled after Selangor police's MyDistress application and Johor's CommunityAlerts app.

"My team is looking into several aspects before implementing the app nationwide," he said recently, adding that the name would be different.

Comm Ayub said they would integrate the current system utilised for MyDistress and CommunityAlerts with the panic button app.

"We are also looking into our ability to offer a quick response when the system is activated. It defeats the purpose if we offer the app but don't respond in a fast manner," he said.

The MyDistress and CommunityAlerts apps give people easy access to the police with just a tap on their smartphones.

Once installed, users only need to activate the SOS function on the app and a distress beacon is relayed to the control centre which would dispatch police personnel to the location of the smartphone user.

Selangor NKRA screteriat chief Deputy Supt Mohamed Mohsein Mohamed Zon said a total of 167,197 people had downloaded the app.

"Picking up the phone to call us takes time as sometimes the lines could be busy or the situation is unsafe for callers," he said, adding that the app made police assistance easily accessible.

Meanwhile, Johor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said a total of 1,116 users had downloaded the free CommunityAlerts app in the state since it was launched on March 2.

"The best weapon to curb crime is through public cooperation. We hope more people will take advantage of it for their own safety," he said.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

....old news liao.....so?

Man arrested for allegedly outraging modesty of woman on public bus
Posted: 23 March 2013 1234 hrs

SINGAPORE: Police have arrested a 35-year-old man who is believed to be responsible outraging the modesty of a woman on board a public bus.

A 29-year-old woman reported to the Police that she was molested by a man while they were on board a public bus on the same morning on January 7 this year.

Police said officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division conducted extensive ground enquires and follow-up investigation to establish the identity of the suspect.

The suspect was arrested on March 21.

Commander of Ang Mo Kio Police Division, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police (DAC) Keok Tong San, commended the officers for their determined investigative efforts which resulted in the arrest of the suspect.

DAC Keok also advised the public to stay vigilant at all times and remain calm when they encounter such crimes while travelling on public transport. They should call '999' at once or inform the bus/train driver immediately to report the matter.

- CNA/fa

Three men were attacked by four others near Tampines West Community Club this morning (Mar 22) at 6.20am, who then fled the scene and left behind a bloody knife and a 200 metre-long trail of blood.

According to a report in Shin Min Daily, the incident occurred at a fast food restaurant near the community club at Avenue 3, Street 81.

A 64-year-old retiree said he saw around 10 men in their 20s outside the restaurant at 5am. An hour later, he saw three men lying in a pool of blood when cycling past Block 828.

Two of them had blood on their upper bodies and both hands, while the third man, who was bleeding from his head and arms, suffered more serious injuries.

Two men -- a 24-year-old and a 22-year-old -- were sent to Changi General Hospital for emergency treatment.

An employee at a supermarket nearby said he saw four men running past him quickly at around 6.30am. They were tall, thin and looked to be in their 20s.

"They looked like they were being chased. I even asked my friend why they were running so quickly. Only when I saw the blood left behind at the scene later then did I know that something had happened," he said.

A 14-inch-long knife with a rope tied around it was left behind at the scene.

In response to a query by STOMP, Police said:

"Police received a call today at about 6.24am requesting for assistance at Tampines West Community Centre.

"Upon Police arrival, two men were found injured at the said location.

"They were conveyed to Changi General Hospital.

"Police investigations are ongoing."

olice arrest snatch theft suspect with help from public
By Teo Chia Leen | Posted: 24 March 2013 1637 hrs

SINGAPORE: Police have arrested a 34-year-old man for snatch theft in the vicinity of Yishun Ring Road with the public's assistance.

At about 1pm on Saturday, the suspect, who was in a lift, snatched a woman's purse containing cash and valuables and fled.

The victim screamed for assistance, which alerted some of the members of public.

They assisted in chasing after the suspect and managed to detain him at the open car park in the vicinity of Yishun Ring Road.

Police said its officers responded swiftly and placed the suspect under arrest.

The suspect will be charged in court on Monday.

- CNA/xqA man who had a sexual obsession with leather wallets was back in court again. This time, Low Ji Qing, 48, not only faced theft charges but also charges for insulting modesty as well as dishonest misappropriation. --TNP POSED PHOTO: MOHD ISHAK

By Elena Chong

A man who had a sexual obsession with leather wallets was back in court again. This time, Low Ji Qing, 48, not only faced theft charges but also charges for insulting modesty as well as dishonest misappropriation.

The court heard that he breached his three-year probation order by re-offending between March and November last year. He was first given probation in May 2011 on four theft charges.

When he re-offended in the later part of 2011, the court gave him a chance in January last year by ordering that he continue with his probation but during this time he committed six offences between March and November last year.

On Feb 1 this year, he admitted to three of them: theft of a Chanel wallet worth $1,000, taking two upskirt photographs of a 30-year-old woman and dishonestly misappropriating an adult EZ-Link card.

The court called for a progress report and adjourned sentencing.But while he was out on bail pending sentencing, he stole again by taking the wallets of two shoppers at IKEA on March 1. These two charges were among five that were taken into consideration.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

.........................ALL these in the last few days....Singapore very safe one leh.....because what we read are those that Police solved the case.......

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry to hear about it. I think wuqi is right. I heard of electronic detector which criminal use to find electronic items in cars like laptop. So please remove everything electronic out when you park in Malaysia. The fact they disabled the alarm showed these are pros.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Najib rolls out more bike patrols in bid for safer streets

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...t-more-bike-patrols-in-bid-for-safer-streets/

PETALING JAYA, March 30 ― The government will deploy 1,000 more police motorcycles nationwide, doubling the thousand-strong patrol unit launched last December in efforts to make the streets safer, Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced today.

The prime minister said that the police motorcycle units (URB) have proven effective in cutting crime, pointing to a six per cent drop in the national crime rate in the first quarter against the same period last year.

“Do not be cynical towards the government,” said Najib at the police’s United Against Crime programme in Subang Jaya today.

“Do not be trapped in the polemic of statistics. It’s better if we appreciate today’s theme: United Against Crime,” he added.

Crime watchdog MyWatch accused the police last month of massaging the national crime statistics, claiming that cases of snatch theft and robbery without firearms as well as burglaries and house break-ins, were higher than the published crime index from January to October 2011.

MyWatch also insisted last January that the crime rate had gone up last year, pointing out that the overall vehicle thefts in the July-September period in 2012 had risen by 3.5 per cent, or an extra 624 cases, in comparison with the same period in 2011.

Last August, the police denied allegations that they had manipulated crime statistics.

Najib said today that under the first phase of the Government Transformation Programme (GTP) from 2009 to 2012, the national crime rate dropped by 27 per cent while street crime fell by 39.7 per cent.

He also noted that the issue of crime was a top priority for urban dwellers.

“We hope that this signals the government’s commitment and seriousness in fighting and reducing crime to a minimal level,” said Najib.

As Election 2013 nears, women voters who comprise half of the 13.3-million strong electorate have also highlighted crime as an issue of concern.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar said in a speech at the same event earlier today that the URB have arrested 207 suspects as of March 20: 129 arrests in Selangor, 30 in Kuala Lumpur, 38 in Johor and 10 in Penang.

PDRM National Key Result Areas (NKRA) secretariat chairman Datuk Ayub Yaakob told reporters later today that the URB was focused on housing areas, especially on preventing house break-ins.

Putrajaya’s efficiency unit PEMANDU said last July that index crime in Malaysia dropped by 10.1 per cent from January to May last year compared to the same period in 2011.

Before that, PEMANDU also released figures to show that index crime had dropped by 11.1 per cent from 2010 to 2011, while street crime dipped 39.7 per cent in the same period.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once you have it, pay your Cukai Harta and Tanah religiously as these can be used to show that the property in question belongs to you.
Even if one doesn't receive the notice to pay, one should still do it asap as after more than 10 years of non payment, the property may be seized.

Bro Wuqi, may I ask if we paid off the loan, we get the title deed from the bank direct or the bank will pass it to the lawyer?
If the bank pass to the lawyer, and we suppose to get it back from the lawyer, usually any charges for such transaction?
What is the Curia harta and tanah u referring to?
Thank u bro Wuqi.