• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackfruit Seeds

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't say I always talk about eating meat and dog meat; I eat fruit too.

For those who eat jackfruit often, what do you do with jackfruit seeds? Do you just throw these away like durian and mangosteen seeds? If you do, big mistake and waste. You should keep these and boil. After boiled, when still lukewarm and moist, peel off the brown skins; the skins come off easily at that time. The white seeds left taste as good as expensive macademia nuts.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i cook nangka curry, flesh and seeds together, lol

Can also, if you prefer. But I prefer to have the flesh served whether raw or cooked and the seeds boiled separately. The coarse unchewy brown skins on the seeds should be boiled and removed first. Then we decide what to do with the goodies flesh and deskined seeds later. :wink:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fried like goreng pisang also nice. Knn, you and I spoiler. People talk about seed lah. Seed!!!!

No problem. It's available in some parts of Malaysia and Thailand pasar malam and street stalls. Quite delicious too. :smile:

By deep frying at high temperature, it softens the seed skins too. But I won't attempt that home kitchen. :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the difference between mang ka ka and chim per lut?
And which of them is jackfruit and what's the other called in English?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the difference between mang ka ka and chim per lut?
And which of them is jackfruit and what's the other called in English?
Nangka is malay word, Jackfruit is ang moh, chempedak is the jackfruit flesh with the seed, coated with batter and deep fried.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nangka is malay word, Jackfruit is ang moh, chempedak is the jackfruit flesh with the seed, coated with batter and deep fried.

Noted. After half century I solved the riddle.
I always thought there was another version of jackfruit machiam chicku and langsat.

So angmo durian and soursop is same?

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jackfruit and Chempedak are different in shape, taste, flesh texture and smell. The Chenpedak has a very strong smell almost as strong as durian. However, they are quite similar and probably closely related. Those commonly used for cooking as a vegetable is the breadfruit (Buah Sukun).

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Noted. After half century I solved the riddle.
I always thought there was another version of jackfruit machiam chicku and langsat.

So angmo durian and soursop is same?
Yeap

Jackfruit and Chempedak are different in shape, taste, flesh texture and smell. The Chenpedak has a very strong smell almost as strong as durian. However, they are quite similar and probably closely related. Those commonly used for cooking as a vegetable is the breadfruit (Buah Sukun).

Hold on, you might be right......

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you right, actually the boiled seed that Ah Ram mentioned should be Chempedak seed not jack fruit

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
you right, actually the boiled seed that Ah Ram mentioned should be Chempedak seed not jack fruit

There is a house near to Adam Road Hawker Centre that has a Buah Sukun tree with hanging fruits. They are round and do not exude any smell unlike the others. In some tropical islands the fruit is their staple food.

It is a very good vegetable dish cooked with yellow ginger and coconut milk, very much like the gravy of the lontong, and cooked with babat or mutton.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a house near to Adam Road Hawker Centre that has a Buah Sukun tree with hanging fruits. They are round and do not exude any smell unlike the others. In some tropical islands the fruit is their staple food.

It is a very good vegetable dish cooked with yellow ginger and coconut milk, very much like the gravy of the lontong, and cooked with babat or mutton.
Nangka curry lah, young jackfruit...