• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jack Ma: To survive at Alibaba, you need to work 12 hours a day, six days a week

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jack Ma is full of shit. :rolleyes:

P.S: He better watch his back.
This guy (in the video) has a problem - he will never be a millionaire! He is too wise and has too much compassion for his fellow men.

His main points are true:
1) 8 hours day was won over for workers to work as human, not as a machine.
2) extra hours may mean nothing; if things can be done in 6 hours, why take 8 hours....12 hours.

I know Jack Ma has been invited for talks quiet often, but I believe he may not be right most of the times with his ideas. Alibaba is now into selling "cloud computing", but I just can't understand how such an idea can make money. It may end up as our bike sharing, but the unraveling may take much longer.

Huawei may overtake Alibaba in the end. Huawei's leader Ren seems a smarter person.

Chan Rasjid.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy (in the video) has a problem - he will never be a millionaire! He is too wise and has too much compassion for his fellow men.

His main points are true:
1) 8 hours day was won over for workers to work as human, not as a machine.
2) extra hours may mean nothing; if things can be done in 6 hours, why take 8 hours....12 hours.

I know Jack Ma has been invited for talks quiet often, but I believe he may not be right most of the times with his ideas. Alibaba is now into selling "cloud computing", but I just can't understand how such an idea can make money. It may end up as our bike sharing, but the unraveling may take much longer.

Huawei may overtake Alibaba in the end. Huawei's leader Ren seems a smarter person.

Chan Rasjid.

Do you know that Amazon cloud services contributed about 20 percent of the revenue in 2018?

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know that Amazon cloud services contributed about 20 percent of the revenue in 2018?
I don't really know much about "in the cloud". What I know is I survive in life with just one harddisk "on my desk".

What is "that" which gives Amazon the 20% revenue. Some details please and not just under cloud computing. If I have an MNC company, I will never outsource IT and data management to others - no way.

Chan Rasjid.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't really know much about "in the cloud". What I know is I survive in life with just one harddisk "on my desk".

What is "that" which gives Amazon the 20% revenue. Some details please and not just under cloud computing. If I have an MNC company, I will never outsource IT and data management to others - no way.

Chan Rasjid.

That is cloud storage ...a service Amazon provides to business. For example ...https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/30/aws-is-competing-with-its-customers.html