• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jack Ma: To survive at Alibaba, you need to work 12 hours a day, six days a week

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
To survive at Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA.N) you need to work 12 hours a day, six days a week. That’s what billionaire Jack Ma demands of his staff at China’s biggest e-commerce platform.

Ma told an internal meeting that Alibaba doesn’t need people who look forward to a typical eight-hour office lifestyle, according to a post on Alibaba’s official Weibo account. Instead, he endorsed the industry’s notorious 996 work culture -- that is, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., six days a week.

“To be able to work 996 is a huge bliss,” China’s richest man said. “If you want to join Alibaba, you need to be prepared to work 12 hours a day, otherwise why even bother joining.”

China’s tech industry is littered with tales of programmers and startup founders dying unexpectedly due to long hours and grueling stress. The comments from Ma elicited some intense reaction.

More at https://tinyurI.com/y6l5qr2q

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese have this inherent sub conscious to be a slave. Working Long hours, being deprived of benefits and being treated like animals is well received by them and cause them to have orgasm. Their history is littered with examples.

Hence such conditions are music to their ears.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To survive at Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA.N) you need to work 12 hours a day, six days a week. That’s what billionaire Jack Ma demands of his staff at China’s biggest e-commerce platform.

Ma told an internal meeting that Alibaba doesn’t need people who look forward to a typical eight-hour office lifestyle, according to a post on Alibaba’s official Weibo account. Instead, he endorsed the industry’s notorious 996 work culture -- that is, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., six days a week.

“To be able to work 996 is a huge bliss,” China’s richest man said. “If you want to join Alibaba, you need to be prepared to work 12 hours a day, otherwise why even bother joining.”

China’s tech industry is littered with tales of programmers and startup founders dying unexpectedly due to long hours and grueling stress. The comments from Ma elicited some intense reaction.

More at https://tinyurI.com/y6l5qr2q

Even with this demanding criteria of working 12hrs a day, 6 days a week,there are still many wanting to join. This is because he pays them extremely well.

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I work 13 hours a day, seven days a week, but I rest on public holidays.
There are others who work longer hours than me.
For instance, hawkers. I understand some hawkers work 15 hours a day, seven days a week, including public holidays.
I take this moment to pay tribute to our hawkers, without whom life in SG will be even more miserable, at least for me.
Cheers to our hawkers! Please keep those yummy foods coming!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For instance, hawkers. I understand some hawkers work 15 hours a day, seven days a week, including public holidays.
I take this moment to pay tribute to our hawkers, without whom life in SG will be even more miserable, at least for me.

If SINKapore wants to be better than China, than sinkees need to work 18 hours a day.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is fucked up management.
If there is no labour shortage with many willing to join then he company can give employees shorter hours. Fucking chink got slave driver mentality. No respect for him
any company run by tiongs and chinks have fucked up management. many of them in indon, failippines, ml, tw, hk and sg, not just prc. pay low wages, expect 6.9-day week, slow promotions, must be within family circles to get any extra benefits and monetary incentives.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well said....well said

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i work in a company where i am required to put in 6.9 days a week doing 69 on at least 69 other people....i have to give them 69 tongue lashes each.

any company run by tiongs and chinks have fucked up management. many of them in indon, failippines, ml, tw, hk and sg, not just prc. pay low wages, expect 6.9-day week, slow promotions, must be within family circles to get any extra benefits and monetary incentives.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the corporate culture in Singapore is particularly better either. The key difference is most companies in Singapore allow a bit more flexibility in that you can go home first then continue to work, but work hours wise it's nearly as bad.

A typical PME job in Singapore starts work at 9 and usually ends at 7. They are then expected to work a few hours on emails, calls etc. during the night at home, if you sum them up it's pretty common to have 60+ hour work weeks. Jobs in areas like Finance, Consulting, Audit, IT infrastructure are known to have punishing 15 hour work days during peak periods.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the corporate culture in Singapore is particularly better either. The key difference is most companies in Singapore allow a bit more flexibility in that you can go home first then continue to work, but work hours wise it's nearly as bad.

A typical PME job in Singapore starts work at 9 and usually ends at 7. They are then expected to work a few hours on emails, calls etc. during the night at home, if you sum them up it's pretty common to have 60+ hour work weeks. Jobs in areas like Finance, Consulting, Audit, IT infrastructure are known to have punishing 15 hour work days during peak periods.
I suppose that kept the milf's roaming with loads of free time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose that kept the milf's roaming with loads of free time.
hang around starfucks and hook an angmoh milf for free. but must finish 69km of bike ride with at least usd6.9k bike and body hugging attire. must show groin bulge. all sweaty, nice shades, slim fit athletic body with a 6.9-pack. angmoh milf sure approach and break the ice.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is fucked up management.
If there is no labour shortage with many willing to join then he company can give employees shorter hours. Fucking chink got slave driver mentality. No respect for him

You can always start up your own company and run the way you want. Jack Ma didn't even have a degree and no rich parents or relatives to rely on and yet he can grow his company to such extend tells you that he is doing something right and there are people willing to be hired by him.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can always start up your own company and run the way you want. Jack Ma didn't even have a degree and no rich parents or relatives to rely on and yet he can grow his company to such extend tells you that he is doing something right and there are people willing to be hired by him.
This is same logic as pappy you dun like pap them stand for elections crap.
I’m just giving an opinion.
Yes he’s a multi billionaire so he must be great. He’s rag to riches so must look up to him. Escobar also was a billionaire too so are Russians oligarchs. Even Lky so maybe they are also great men. Even murderous hitler and Mao. They must have done something right so many willing to follow them.