• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'I've kept to my word', says Sitoh, MP for Potong Pasir

zujjkiol

Alfrescian
Loyal
By Cheow Xin Yi, TODAY | Posted: 02 June 2011 0656 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="20" align="right"> </td> <td width="240" align="right">
phpKQQX9V.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Sitoh Yih Pin</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table><table style="width: 510px; height: 64px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" valign="middle" width="510" height="30">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table>SINGAPORE: A dispute has broken out between the Singapore People's Party (SPP) and the People's Action Party Member of Parliament Sitoh Yih Pin over what was allegedly promised for the leadership transition at Potong Pasir Town Council.

At the heart of the wrangle are the 16 town council employees, who were last week offered re-employment and deployment to other town councils by EM Services, the managing agent newly contracted by Mr Sitoh to manage the town council.

Out of the 16 employees, three were retained in Potong Pasir Town Council. According to employees whom MediaCorp spoke to, the remaining 13 were issued termination letters.

Mr Sitoh explained that the termination letters were issued "in accordance to" the employees' contracts and the terminated staff were asked to re-apply with EM Services. So far, only six had submitted their re-application forms, said Mr Sitoh.

One employee in his fifties said he knew of at least three colleagues who have decided not to reapply, as they were "unhappy" with the arrangement.

The arrangement is not what Mr Sitoh had promised Mrs Lina Chiam, his SPP opponent at the recent General Election, claims the Opposition party, whose second assistant secretary-general Benjamin Pwee has drafted a "request letter" to the Potong Pasir MP.

MediaCorp understands that Mr Pwee will deliver the letter to the town council on Thursday.

According to a copy of the letter obtained by MediaCorp, SPP claims that Mr Sitoh had pledged, in front of SPP and PAP counting agents in the early hours after Polling Day, to "keep all the staff at the town council" after Mrs Chiam had expressed concern about their jobs at the town council.

When contacted on Wednesday, Mr Sitoh refuted SPP's claims.

"At that time, I didn't know the inside workings of the town council and how many staff there were, so my exact words to her, "Since you asked, I'll try my best to see what I can do"," he said.

"And I think I've kept to my word: I negotiated with EM Services and I must give credit to EM Services. They said, "Don't worry, we'll take the staff"."

As for his decision not to keep most of the town council employees at Potong Pasir, Mr Sitoh said he could not keep everybody, as he has to abide by EM Services' regulations.

"It has its own way of doing things that is developed over the years, which is why I adopt this system. My paramount interest is the Potong Pasir residents, so EM Services has to bring in its own people. I can't compromise on standards of services I deliver to residents."

He added that EM Services will probably have to train some of the Potong Pasir town council employees under its own training programme.

Town council employees whom MediaCorp spoke to expressed concern about the situation, especially after they were told that when re-employed, they would be put on a six-month probation under EM Service's terms and conditions. When asked about the probation period, Mr Sitoh said this was standard human resource policy for all EM Services staff. He added: "If they're good performers, what's the worry?" - TODAY

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously,Do u expect Sitoh to listen to the Oppostion AFTER he is elected as a MP for Potong Pasir ?
To those voters who voted for PAP in Potong Pasir,If ever u or family members got retrenched and replaced by Foreign Workers,give yourself a pat on the back,Well Done !!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously,Do u expect Sitoh to listen to the Oppostion AFTER he is elected as a MP for Potong Pasir ?
To those voters who voted for PAP in Potong Pasir,If ever u or family members got retrenched and replaced by Foreign Workers,give yourself a pat on the back,Well Done !!!

Those in PP who had voted for them 'whities' have to repent for the next 5 years, they will suffer, good for them; REPENT!:rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you got replaced by a foreigner :oIo:
It's because you have no real skills and can be replaced :oIo:
If you are that good, you think your company can do without you???????????????????????
:oIo:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh well, Potong Pasir is an excellent example of how PAP works. Claim to be honorable and promise you the world. After getting your votes, proceeds to screw your ass. Let's just see who repents during this five years, Aljunied or Potong Pasir.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys expect WP to retain all the staff from CPG at aljunied TC?

he has given the existing workers to be part of EM Services. What is wrong with that?

did you guys know that some of the staircases in Lor 8 Toa Payoh HDB Blocks did not have a wash for 3 months?

For you guys kpkb about Potong Pasir voting for Sitoh, you guys come down here and see how old folks have to bear with some of the inconveniences of living in here. Yes, it is the fault of PAP not releasing the funds for the people here, but PP has been living here for past 30 years with it.

You fuckers in other constituencies been voting for fucking PAP, enjoying the convenience of upgrading and such, you guys have absolutely NO FUCKING RIGHT to criticize and waiting for PP residents to repent.

Yes, I voted for Sitoh, I think he will do a better job than Lina Chiam.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
he has given the existing workers to be part of EM Services. What is wrong with that?

did you guys know that some of the staircases in Lor 8 Toa Payoh HDB Blocks did not have a wash for 3 months? For you guys kpkb about Potong Pasir voting for Sitoh, you guys come down here and see how old folks have to bear with some of the inconveniences of living in here. Yes, it is the fault of PAP not releasing the funds for the people here...

You fuckers in other constituencies been voting for fucking PAP, enjoying the convenience of upgrading and such, you guys have absolutely NO FUCKING RIGHT to criticize and waiting for PP residents to repent. Yes, I voted for Sitoh....

Wah, sack the entire staff and pass the hatchet duties to EM services... nothing wrong with that? What a disgraceful PAP dog. Suck PAP cock, cum still dripping from the mouth and still wanna brag about it...

Some stair cases in Lor 8 Toa Payoh never wash, so you vote PAP? My stairwell also nobody wash until the recent elections...just wash your own area cannot meh? You think life will be much better under PAP hah? You want to vote for PAP so you can get upgrading, just say so. Don't drag wat old people in Potong Pasir suffering etc... These old folks have been supporting Chiam See Tong since days yonder. Disgraceful fuck, cannot find any reason must resort to complaining about stairwell...ah kong ah meh very cham...

You have become a PAP porlumpar, just deepthroat the entire shaft, dun try to justify your actions with these grandmother stories. Why so scared and defensive? Maybe things will be very good under PAP, maybe it would be like striking 4D? So maybe PP residents will rejoice not repent? We wait and you wait lor... Things turn well, good for you. Things turn out bad, we on the sidelines just say ORH BEE GUD ORH BEE GUD lor... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

did you guys know that some of the staircases in Lor 8 Toa Payoh HDB Blocks did not have a wash for 3 months?

For you guys kpkb about Potong Pasir voting for Sitoh, you guys come down here and see how old folks have to bear with some of the inconveniences of living in here. Yes, it is the fault of PAP not releasing the funds for the people here, but PP has been living here for past 30 years with it.

You fuckers in other constituencies been voting for fucking PAP, enjoying the convenience of upgrading and such, you guys have absolutely NO FUCKING RIGHT to criticize and waiting for PP residents to repent.

I'm from a PAP ward, our condition here is not better than PP. In fact everytime I go down to PP I feel like shifting there. Been voting for opps but they didn't win. Over here, my cluster is cleaned by 8 blangadesh. During GE heat, suddenly 3 then 4 local Chinese emerged. Now disappeared, to be replaced by the same FTs. I believe there r reasons y these old ppl voted for opps all these yrs. I believe these old ppl appeal to integrity more than wayang. U may think that u r doing them a favor by voting Sitoh in. Who knows they may be scold u "Si G-in Nah!" if they found out that u voted for them.
U want upgrading? Do u knw u ve to pay for it? How many of these old ppl can afford to pay? I m not going to ask u to repent. I think u had kena enuf fr Karmabear. Just enjoy ur life with ur Master & sincerely hope that he will throw the biggest bone to u. Peace!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I hope your staircases will be sparkling clean for the next 5 years. While your quality of life deteriorates, your costs of living goes up, your job is taken away by FT, your rights as a singapore citizen (if you are one) is denied by pap..

You can sit at the staircase and think long and hard about it.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope your staircases will be sparkling clean for the next 5 years. While your quality of life deteriorates, your costs of living goes up, your job is taken away by FT, your rights as a singapore citizen (if you are one) is denied by pap..

You can sit at the staircase and think long and hard about it.

When that happens

That means you suck as a human
U don't have skills and can't even hold on to a job

Not Loser then what? :eek::eek::eek:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

nah..i highlighted for you..think bout it..

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if you like to stay in a pap constituency, then you can shift to the cheaper area like sembawang, woodlands or even jurong. i think they will clean your staircase 3 times a week, since you vote for pap because of that. look at the area where pap got the most vote, that shows that how low class it is to vote for pap. only peasants, less mortals, slaves and foreign trash vote for pap. Singapore Citizens with pride and integrity will vote for oppositions. look EAST and you will understand. better estates and private estates got more opposition voters.

upgrading??? i think u been staying in pp for too long till you take your peacefulness for granted. too much wayang fake upgrading going on in pap constituencies!!! tiles laid not long, must hack away and relay in the name of upgrading! on going noise and dust in the name of upgrading. its all money spinning reason for those well connected grassloot leechers contractors, waste of town councils funds and even tax payers money! you want upgrading??? you must be those mother fuckers that support pap grassloot and got nothing from CST for the last 30 years!!! now its time to raid the potong pasir town council bank account right?

LASTLY! KNNBCCB! LIMPEH VOTE FOR THE HAMMER OK!!! YOU PEOPLE IN PONTONG PASIR WILL REPENT FOR VOTING PAP!!! COMMONER, VOTING FOR PAP IS LIKE YOU CREWING YOUR OWN MOTHER!!! YOU, COMMONER WILL REPENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OF THE SIN YOU COMMITTED IS EQUIVALENT TO INCEST!!! YOU SCREW YOUR MUM FOR THE SAKE OF CLEAN STAIRCASE??? OMG!!! GOD SAVE THIS COUNTRY AND HER PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you got replaced by a foreigner :oIo:
It's because you have no real skills and can be replaced :oIo:
If you are that good, you think your company can do without you???????????????????????
:oIo:

You do exhibit all the traits which you pronounce of a local sinkie. Best ragards!