• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh that's strange. I think it's because they accumulate the amount and it's payable end of the year. You should get it in Dec 2013.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw an advertisement today in Straits Times on "new release" of Iskandar Residences??? Are these the "non-taken" units from the Japanese Consortium?? Not sure how is the pricing like...? hope they are not selling lower than what we bought at launch....sigh:(:(

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have called and learned that there are around 100++ units left.
Most units are Tower B.

Price check 13% discount from list price. Having said so, list price has went up. A #27-xx F type is selling at 1.4mil. During launched, units above 30 are just 1.3mil.

Last edited:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Westman - do you have a quick number on psf? the last time high floor eg #27-xx was selling at ~ 820 psf.
Overall looks like we have about 20% price appreciation....:smile::smile:

Most units are Tower B.

Price check 13% discount from list price. Having said so, list price has went up. A #27-xx F type is selling at 1.4mil. During launched, units above 30 are just 1.3mil.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Westman - do you have a quick number on psf? the last time high floor eg #27-xx was selling at ~ 820 psf.
Overall looks like we have about 20% price appreciation....:smile::smile:

Estimate around 780psf for 1561sqf F type. This is after 13% discount.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
For own stay I think it makes sense. For investment, I'm not too sure now. Probably many units will be empty for quite some time. Many places including Singapore are facing oversuppply issue. From what I see, it may be a few years after TOP before we see some demand again.

By the way, do u all know when Iskandar Residences TOP? I thought it's 2016 but after the developer sent out the previous letter, does it mean it is likely extended to 2017?

Last edited:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.3mio:rolleyes: must well buy a landed one

Most units are Tower B.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.3mio:rolleyes: must well buy a landed one

we have tot of landed but wify scare of insect. At the end, we choose condo.. also.. we buy for retirement own stay and we do not want to walk up and down at home.. too lazy to do so.. and that would be quite a challenge when we are older...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming we TOP around the last quarter of 2017, after the rumoured May 2014 payment coming up, does anyone know roughly when the next 10% payment will be? That is, when "the work below ground level …including foundation of the building" is completed.

Trying to work out my finances…. Thanks so much.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update

1) IR has around 40% units balance... Tower A left with limited units. UNSOLD units mostly at tower B. Seem like the story about Japanese buying en-block for Tower B from agent during launched confirmed to be just plain story telling to entice buying....

2) Piling almost completed.. second 10% estimate to be around Jul or later...

3) Smallest 1 bedder selling around 600k RM... price went up and the latest discount is 2+4+4
2% upon first 10%. 4% for second 10% and balance 4% upon VP.
Legal subsidies for SPA, Loan... fully covered. New effective price range between 730 psf (very low floor 3 bedders) to 920 psf (1 bedder)

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
with that many unit left, hard to clear due to current weak sentiments. So much for the marketing bullShat of japanese firm buying the whole block. Last time I asked they still block the whole of tower B. Guess the deal fell thru. Price wise only mild increase but still quite exp for condos. Landed hold value better....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Sultan of Johor has his way, foreigners wont be able to buy landed at below RM 2million. Those who already bought landed at RM 700k or RM 1 million will be screwed badly as they have to wait till RM 2m then can sell. And please, in the whole of Nusajaya, only about 5% of the houses are above RM 2 million now. Some of the Semis haven't even hit RM 2m.

with that many unit left, hard to clear due to current weak sentiments. So much for the marketing bullShat of japanese firm buying the whole block. Last time I asked they still block the whole of tower B. Guess the deal fell thru. Price wise only mild increase but still quite exp for condos. Landed hold value better....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Sultan of Johor has his way, foreigners wont be able to buy landed at below RM 2million. Those who already bought landed at RM 700k or RM 1 million will be screwed badly as they have to wait till RM 2m then can sell. And please, in the whole of Nusajaya, only about 5% of the houses are above RM 2 million now. Some of the Semis haven't even hit RM 2m.

The lower the quantum, the easier it is to sell. Anything below $1 mil RM is more acceptable to locals. Recent landed property launches in $6xxk - $8xxk RM have done quite well, despite the $1 mil RM foreigners' restriction.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jubilee abandons Iskandar RTO land deal
BY JACQUELYN CHEOK
[email protected] @JacCheokBT
PUBLISHED JUNE 04, 2014

JUBILEE Industries Holdings on Wednesday said that the company, along with Jewelstone Properties, will no longer be proceeding with the proposed acquisition of Tenderside Ventures.

In a statement to SGX, Jubilee said that both parties were "unable to reach a consensus on some of the principal commercial terms of the proposed acquisition."

This comes even after both parties underwent "active negotiations" after the signing of the non-binding memorandum of understanding (MOU) and had mutually agreed to extend the exclusivity period by six months, such that it would end on August 14, 2014, said Jubilee.

Both parties have mutually agreed to terminate the non-binding MOU with effect from June 3, 2014.

Jubilee first announced it had entered into a conditional non-binding MOU with Jewelstone to acquire its wholly-owned subsidiary Tenderside Ventures, on October 16 last year. It had planned to acquire Tenderside's 60 per cent stake in a development project known as “Viridea @ Medini Lakeside” in Johor, in a proposed reverse takeover.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/bre...ilee-abandons-iskandar-rto-land-deal-20140604

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When East Ledang and Horizon hills houses were selling at RM 400k, already locals only make up about 10-20% of the total buyers. This has been the trend when prices hit RM 1 million and will continue to be the trend when ceiling is rm2m

The lower the quantum, the easier it is to sell. Anything below $1 mil RM is more acceptable to locals. Recent landed property launches in $6xxk - $8xxk RM have done quite well, despite the $1 mil RM foreigners' restriction.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
When East Ledang and Horizon hills houses were selling at RM 400k, already locals only make up about 10-20% of the total buyers. This has been the trend when prices hit RM 1 million and will continue to be the trend when ceiling is rm2m

The congestion at 2nd link is making more Singaporeans giving 2nd thoughts about paying >$1 mil RM for a house in Nusajaya because it is no longer so feasible to stay there and work in Singapore. I expect 2014-2015 demand to be driven by more Malaysian buyers who are buying ahead of GST and inflation, but they are going after landed properties. Quantum and local preference always count.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not forget about the High Speed Rail Station in Nusajaya to be completed by 2020. I agree that for the next few years the congestion at customs may be a problem, but come 2020, the HSR will make a daily commute as feasible as stating in Woodlands, Jurong East or Tampines.

We can expect to have frequencies of 10 minutes each train, and an integrated public transport network in Nusajaya to link the major townships (Sunway Iskandar, Medini, Puteri Harbour) to the HSR Station.

We need to take into account that most of the high rises buildings will only be completed in 2018, and thus, a couple of years would be bearable for those first movers.