• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the video. Wow… Who controlled that unmanned plane?

By the way, have you all opened your bank loan account? Did any of you take the flexi one?

Scissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now waiting to sign revised non-dbis snp and ocbc loan approval.

Also do we want to form a fb secret group of Iskandar Residences? So we can post any photos up for the development when we bypass the site? Can one be the admin to set the fb gp?

I was informes that second payment is around apr and may. They will also post photo of the development in their main website at tt period.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now waiting to sign revised non-dbis snp and ocbc loan approval.

Also do we want to form a fb secret group of Iskandar Residences? So we can post any photos up for the development when we bypass the site? Can one be the admin to set the fb gp?

I was informes that second payment is around apr and may. They will also post photo of the development in their main website at tt period.

Heard the same for second payment. Was told it will be may.

as for facebook, i noticed there is a closed group IR by invitation.. never try joining..

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any of you had money already deducted from your bank loan account?

Culture shock for me the first time I was explained about it. But I find Msia banks really know how to make $. We put our money inside there and they can still deduct for "maintenance fees". Some more no interest earned. Wa lao….

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any of you had money already deducted from your bank loan account?

Culture shock for me the first time I was explained about it. But I find Msia banks really know how to make $. We put our money inside there and they can still deduct for "maintenance fees". Some more no interest earned. Wa lao….

I earn a few RM from my RHB saving account. No such deduction. Are you maintaining current account?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I earn a few RM from my RHB saving account. No such deduction. Are you maintaining current account?

Mine is flexi account. When you took the bank loan, did they tell you to open an account? Is your loan from UOB?

I have CIMB current account also. That one also losing money. I'm ok if they deduct postage fees and the necessary costs incurred on them. But they deducted maintenance fees also which I find is uncalled for.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is flexi account. When you took the bank loan, did they tell you to open an account? Is your loan from UOB?

I have CIMB current account also. That one also losing money. I'm ok if they deduct postage fees and the necessary costs incurred on them. But they deducted maintenance fees also which I find is uncalled for.

Did you maintain minimum sum in the account?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, they (RHB and Hong Leong Bank) asked me to open a savings bank account with them for the purpose of paying installment. They also issued me a debit card which is extremely convenient for my shopping and eating in JB. The customer services are very helpful and prompt so far. User experience wise they are better than Singapore banks, where the helplines had been difficult to get through and responses were slow.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, they (RHB and Hong Leong Bank) asked me to open a savings bank account with them for the purpose of paying installment. They also issued me a debit card which is extremely convenient for my shopping and eating in JB. The customer services are very helpful and prompt so far. User experience wise they are better than Singapore banks, where the helplines had been difficult to get through and responses were slow.

Interesting.. do you use TT services?
If yes, swtich to CIMB as they dont charge TT fee
If you use TT via money changer.. any bank will do.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting.. do you use TT services?
If yes, swtich to CIMB as they dont charge TT fee
If you use TT via money changer.. any bank will do.

I TT using remittance company. As my loans are not linked to CIMB, I prefer not to be involved with CIMB and other banks.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you maintain minimum sum in the account?

Arghh. So that could be the cause of it? My bad. I wasnt informed about it. Was judt told need RM5k if want to get some interest.

I think I will close the CIMB account. Not useful for me as i initially thought. With the weakening RM currency, it's also losing more and more money over some time.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

singapore banks customer service is much much much better in terms of efficiency & product knowledge. Malaysian bank c/s are just a bit more polite (or perhaps genuine), that's all. for eg, when CIMB bank cockup some documentation, the bank manager actually admitted her fault and apologized in a heartfelt manner. Singapore bank will hardly cockup.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arghh. So that could be the cause of it? My bad. I wasnt informed about it. Was judt told need RM5k if want to get some interest.

I think I will close the CIMB account. Not useful for me as i initially thought. With the weakening RM currency, it's also losing more and more money over some time.

i have a cumb current account. it's giving me 2.4% p.a and no admin fees, as long as I don't do more than three over the counter transactions per month

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a cumb current account. it's giving me 2.4% p.a and no admin fees, as long as I don't do more than three over the counter transactions per month

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if it is called "Prime" current account? The one that comes with cheque book?

I think I must put more than RM5k to get that interest rate. Mine is slightly less than RM1k now. So I think that's where the service fees comes in.

I might just close the account as initially, I thot I would do frequent transfer of money or use their services. But I don't.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, for those of you who took bank loans, did you choose the normal kind or "flexi" one to reduce interest? Is there any clear advantage of one over the other? Thanks in advance for sharing.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, for those of you who took bank loans, did you choose the normal kind or "flexi" one to reduce interest? Is there any clear advantage of one over the other? Thanks in advance for sharing.

I choose flexi type..plan to use it to play contra on currency exchange (when big swing occurs) plus convenient to withdraw if fund is needed.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I choose flexi type..plan to use it to play contra on currency exchange (when big swing occurs) plus convenient to withdraw if fund is needed.

thanks westman. For Flexi, do they start charging you the monthly service fees already even though the loan has not been disbursed yet?