• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is WP Stronger or more Vulnerable in future 3 corner fights?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have such high hopes on my niece. She's still not yet matured and focused politically. The only reason she has a high score is because of TPL even worse than her.

i already upped chiu sho i cant upped chiu again but I cant agreed more???

pick the worst possible mentor.. KJ 1st then GMS..

lets face it Hazel is as new as her .... she wun learn anything from her ... the NSP old guard are just part timers...

huat ish her pt ??? ish she more interested power or huat .>,,,,

go RP youth wing becom head then now become head of NSP youth wing?

power is won by walking the ground dillgently like chiu WP do... notch some social media posting or show face here and there.

we cant see through her in 9 days but we can in the past 5 mths ... bery disappointing

her BF is alsho 1 big liability.... blabbering nonsense in his online newspaper...

i think she ish eben more disappointing then KJ was...

TPL ish full time @ Macpherson now...... if I am PM..... next GE, I will make it into SMC and I am sure Tin Tin will crush her.... and after dat defeat, nicole will not be able recover mentally ....

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, PS is sharper on many notches higher than what Capt (NS) GMS gives him credit for, then again how much credit has he ever given to others not on his side of the team. Pritam Singh is one to watch out for in the coming years, he reminds me of a young opposition lawyer 52 years ago. GMS is one to laugh at since 2006, i have been doing so for the past 5 years and see no reason to stop doing so for the next 5

you referring to david marshall or LKY.....?

i dun think he is in their league.... think he is @ most a Rajaratnam, DPM @ most .. i cant see him as Low sucessor at all....

jw5

Loyal
Lots of them, bro. The tough ones are those cases whereby you have zero evidence against them. From my experiene, yet to see a scholar who excelled in this field.

Some scholars are even afraid of their accused persons. The experienced accused persons sizes you up and once they ascertained you can be bullied, good luck to you. Being able to speak their lingo helps.

Those were the days. Fond memories.

Hehehe bro, u handle him the best in this forum, imho.
Soft touch but with subtle snide comments, which according to him, only the english educated can't detect.
The impression u give is that u like him as a person but don't think much of him as a politician.
Like how an interrogator gives the suspect the impression he respects him as a person but doesn't condone the crime? :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
IMO, PS is sharper on many notches higher than what Capt (NS) GMS gives him credit for, then again how much credit has he ever given to others not on his side of the team. Pritam Singh is one to watch out for in the coming years, he reminds me of a young opposition lawyer 52 years ago. GMS is one to laugh at since 2006, i have been doing so for the past 5 years and see no reason to stop doing so for the next 5

Did u read the exchange between PS and Shanmugam in the ST?
Sorry I don't have the link, happened to read the hard copy.
He took him on verbally headon, but without being nasty or cranky. Full of guts and conviction, this chap.
Even the ST did not know how to make him look bad and eventually, only managed to make him look firm.
Looks like Shan has taken on the role that Jaya and WKS used to play in their heydey.

After following the sequence of events, it seems this is what GMS was trying to do.
If he wanted an academic discussion, he could have replied in that same thread or started a thread entitled "Coalition government - will it work?" or something. Instead his title was "Pritam's idea of pap-wp coalition". He is not happy that WP have become the forefront opposition party (without him) and WP have won a grc with Pritam in the team (and not him).
He used his own pettiness and envy to comment about a more successful counterpart who was busy speaking up for ordinary Singaporeans. Did not dare to say to general public but said in this forum, just to vent and get a reaction.
I have lost respect for this man.
Someone has wisely advised him to stay out of this forum today and he has wisely agreed.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't have such high hopes on my niece. She's still not yet matured and focused politically. The only reason she has a high score is because of TPL even worse than her.

Maturity takes time. She's young and needs a good mentor though I can't figure any in NSP. Once she is ably guided, she should be alright. Well, atleast headed in the right direction. Let's see.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did u read the exchange between PS and Shanmugam in the ST?
Sorry I don't have the link, happened to read the hard copy.
He took him on verbally headon, but without being nasty or cranky. Full of guts and conviction, this chap.
Even the ST did not know how to make him look bad and eventually, only managed to make him look firm.
Looks like Shan has taken on the role that Jaya and WKS used to play in their heydey.

After following the sequence of events, it seems this is what GMS was trying to do.
If he wanted an academic discussion, he could have replied in that same thread or started a thread entitled "Coalition government - will it work?" or something. Instead his title was "Pritam's idea of pap-wp coalition". He is not happy that WP have become the forefront opposition party (without him) and WP have won a grc with Pritam in the team (and not him).
He used his own pettiness and envy to comment about a more successful counterpart who was busy speaking up for ordinary Singaporeans. Did not dare to say to general public but said in this forum, just to vent and get a reaction.
I have lost respect for this man.
Someone has wisely advised him to stay out of this forum today and he has wisely agreed.

Not really, i don't read the papers only my old man likes print media. I have even stopped bother with reading life for the comics since i can read it online.

Before this GE, i have not really known PS. After hearing him speak at the rallies and talking to him personally, i have concluded that had PAP recruited him earlier he would give the opposition quite a black eye more easily than most. Thank the heaven for small mercies. Capt (NS) GMS on the other hand....you guys can figure it for yourself

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:

Her main strength is in her extempore handling of interviews, the ability to sidestep difficult questions, largely due to her professional training. At her age she still lacks strategic thinking. She still needs very clear cut issues to agonize and blast about.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maturity takes time. She's young and needs a good mentor though I can't figure any in NSP. Once she is ably guided, she should be alright. Well, atleast headed in the right direction. Let's see.

she rise so high so fast... she can even played kingmaker endorsing Tan Jee Say...she is out of her depth then .... i doubt she will put down her pride and learn from anybody ...... she will only look at others as equal now.... even in NSP, i dun see her treating steve chia and goh meng seng as seniors which they are... she treat them like equals or more like tools

probably the only 1 she will openly show respect to is Chiam See TOng .... when she kneel down in front of him and then he tell her to be herself and stop her wayang act

WP as usual simply will not bother with any non WP personals..... so she cant learn from them...

Her main strength is in her extempore handling of interviews, the ability to sidestep difficult questions, largely due to her professional training. At her age she still lacks strategic thinking. She still needs very clear cut issues to agonize and blast about.

rite now she is just a spin doctor...all style no contents....

without the scholar couple providing her with policy ideas and tin tin maklin her look goot.... she is just a sweaty face... I dun see any substantial policy ideas from her other than commenting on social media.... she even praise Baey's speech just because its on her pet topic

sorry I dun trust her to run moi estate and I hope sinkies dun either.... whereas for wp candidate, even GMS so-called 3rd rate candidates would have exp in grassroot and town council.... they may not be dat glamous her as her and maybe somewhat boring but boring is safe....

worse come to worse.... wp candidate have sylvia, Low and ah yaw to guide them and correct .... NSP is blind leading the blind

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is and will be as cyclical as spring, summer, autumn, winter. A middle age chap has at least another few decades of four seasons. Not that it is new for the story repeats nor does it interest me.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
My conclusion to this thread is that opp parties are more interested in their own personal mission than of the Singaporean.
Still can't see any reason PAP will soon.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not lose the forest for the trees.

The issue is not Pritam nor is it WP. The issue is NSP. WP has momentum and incumbency. It has been parliament for 20 over years. It has surged ahead in the recent GE and current status directionally is good with one GRC and one SMC that may go its way at the next GE. Pritam is doing very well. It's obvious that many are not aware what his qualifications are and his engagement has been good. Very promising. So WP and PS are not the issue.

What about NSP? Interestingly Nicole Seah outshined the party and is now a political identity by her own right. People know more of her than NSP. NSP needs her more than she needs NSP. NSP can take 2 directions - continue to behave as they did since their birth - marginal, absentee politics and generally a spoiler or start developing a strategy as a genuine party and a contender. Let's face it Steve Chia and GMS are not expected to perform any better and are fading lights. Steve performance was very poor and quite telling.

That leaves Hazel and Tony. I am sure they are rueing the fact that they resigned from WP. I understand that a senior counsel might join them but they might end up being platforms for hire like SDP. My sense is that a new party will emerge and people like Jeanette, Nicole and others will be part of it.

I certainly don't see a future for NSP. It will continue to be owned by Sebastian, remain marginal and will continue to be a hindrance to the opposition as it was then and now. I do however acknowledge they did well in the recent GE and caused collateral damage in the PAP in Tampines and MP. Both not because of NSP but because of 2 individuals.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who like to talk repeatedly about 3 cornerened fights. Here is a lesson from the Anson By- election. There were 4 contenders prior to nominations. Besides Pang from PAP, there was JBJ from WP, Chiam from SDP and Harbans Singh. At the last minute, Chiam withdrew after talking to JBJ. It thus became a 3 cornered fight. Many till today think it was a straight fight. Harbans ended up with few hundred votes and did not register on the radar.

NSP if it choses to go for 3 cornered fight with WP involved will end up like Harbans as a non-entity as the voters are now clear about WP, their wider presence in Parliament and their party discipline. The fight will be between PAP and WP. I am sure NSP they will lose their desposit. The equation may change if the candidate has the pull such as Nicole Seah but certainly not the party. NSP if they enter into a 3 cornered fight with WP, they will be labelled a pariah and with good reason.

So let's not waste anymore time wondering what if when it comes to WP and NSP. There are more important debates out there.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal,

Haha, I won't be too sure about what will happen next. There are a lot of other things and factors in considerations but heck, I don't want to have anything to do with it. :wink:

To make comparison of Harban Singh with NSP is really out. NSP under Hazel and Tony is totally a different league. What you are seeing the past in the past is just indication of totally weak third choice. The PE has shown that the equation will change when the candidates are of equal quality. Besides, when WP goes into 3 corner fight, they will just send third rate team like those in Moulmein Kallang; definitely not calibre like JBJ or LTK.

I won't be that certain about the results if I were you.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether it senior counsel, it won't make much of a difference with a party like NSP since candidate themselves is just really part of the equation. Furthermore it remains to be seen how NSP can attract enough well qualify candidates to team up with this superstar.

On the macro, if NSP is campaigning on the almost identical policy platform as WP, I don't see why people should choose NSP over WP. The latter have the branding, media exposure, better perception, proven record in parliament etc. NSP got to offer something different from WP and PAP to gain a foothold. At the end of the day, I can only envisage NSP playing the role of a spoiler by bitching about WP being an identical twin of PAP to win over opposition voters. Hardly a campaign strategy that is aim at beating PAP and winning election.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether it senior counsel, it won't make much of a difference with a party like NSP since candidate themselves is just really part of the equation. Furthermore it remains to be seen how NSP can attract enough well qualify candidates to team up with this superstar.

On the macro, if NSP is campaigning on the almost identical policy platform as WP, I don't see why people should choose NSP over WP. The latter have the branding, media exposure, better perception, proven record in parliament etc. NSP got to offer something different from WP and PAP to gain a foothold. At the end of the day, I can only envisage NSP playing the role of a spoiler by bitching about WP being an identical twin of PAP to win over opposition voters. Hardly a campaign strategy that is aim at beating PAP and winning election.

Actually if someone can answer some of these strange phenomenon. According to some, a three corner fight will be disadvantageous to WP but not NSP or others? WP's team in Moulmein Kallang may be third rate, but were any NSP teams first rate? And why it seems the one that looked the most first-rate which had the two outshining scholar couple - that are now being hailed as prizes - got below 40%? Strange it seems, that all the downsides of 3 corner fights and fielding weak candidates only seem to affect WP and not NSP which has some kind of supernatural immunity? I am also sure the agreement that the Punggol East WP candidate is third rate but the CHIEF of a three parties alliance lost his deposit?

Last edited: