• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is this vintage camera good ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yashica MG-1 (1975)
The MG-1 was released in 1975. It is a leaf-shuttered 35mm coupled-rangefinder camera with aperture-priority automatic exposure. The MG-1 has a 45mm f/2.8 Yashinon lens. According to 1980 - December, 1986

A mighty good camera, Yashica MG-1 is. It's made for young and old . . . for both outdoor and indoor shooting in color or B & W. And the pictures it delivers are quality all over. To top it all, no difficult procedure is involved. In fact, it offers the smoothest handling ever.

Film type 135 (35mm)
Picture size 24mm x 36mm
Lens Yashinon f/2.8 45mm lens, four elements in three groups.
Shutter Electronic-controlled leaf-type shutter with continuously variable speeds from 1/500 sec. to about 2 seconds; built-in self-timer; direct X contact shoe. Shutter speed sets automatically at 1/30 sec. when Auto lever is adjustable to flash setting.
Viewfinder Bright frame finder with parallax correction marks; shows yellow and red exposure indicator arrows.
Exposure meter Fully automatic 'Top-Eye' CdS exposure control; precise shutter speed assuring correct exposure is set automatically through pre selection of exposure symbol (lens aperture); EV range from EV2 to 17 (ASA 100); exposure indicator lamps in viewfinder and on camera top-yellow signaling slow shutter speed.
ASA range From ASA 25; to 800
Film Advance Single action film advance lever advances the exposed frame and cocks the shutter.
Battery One 5.6V mercury battery (Eveready E164, UCAR E 164, Mallory PX32 or equivalent.)
Size and Weight; 140.6 x 72 x 82 mm; ~620 g
This is one of the "Last Samurais" before the "Plastic Age". The Yashica MG-1 is a "full size" rangefinder. Some wouldn't like its automatic functions but its a feature which makes it easy to use. The almost total lack of manual control is no doubt a limitation. It is achieved with a higher cost. The Yashica MG-1 is however designated to a person who did not put value on such oddity.

today , got this from a friend of mine
11111111111.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
most importantly ...does this camera worth any $$$$ ? :wink:

Don't know bud. I gave up photography long time ago. However, wish to ask, I have with me an old old Yashica FR (full manual SLR, purchased in late seventies I think); how much is this worth?

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't know bud. I gave up photography long time ago. However, wish to ask, I have with me an old old Yashica FR (full manual SLR, purchased in late seventies I think); how much is this worth?

Cheers!

Bro sorry I also don't anything abt vintage camera .. But I love to collect vintage stuff . I saw that vintage camera at my friend house .. he have 2 of them and he is kind enough to give one to me .

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll be surprised that many people still preserve and collect vintage stuff: vacuum cleaners, boom box stereo set, CRT tv sets, top-loading VCRs, walkmans, LCD handheld games etc.

Please keep that little part of history.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You'll be surprised that many people still preserve and collect vintage stuff: vacuum cleaners, boom box stereo set, CRT tv sets, top-loading VCRs, walkmans, LCD handheld games etc.

Please keep that little part of history.

Bro , vintage stuff is big in jp . Vintage clothes also very in . I always love vintage stuff .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, vintage or not; why dont you try the camera hands-on yourseLf and see the resuLts ?..

Bro i have to go and restored first ...before I can use it . and I don't know how much is the restoration fee for it .

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One good way to get an idea is to go to eBay and see how much other people are selling it for.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most importantly ...does this camera worth any $$$$ ? :wink:

In Spore I doubt that a Yashica camera has a high monetary value. If you have a Leica M3, it would be worth about $600 but that's because you can still use it with the old Leica family of lenses. Back in those days German companies like Leica had a reputation for making good lenses. Probably the best 35mm camera in market.

I had inherited an M3 & can tell you that it was a very solid camera, heavy & well built.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch this and other clips on the MG1.

[video=youtube;N80qMjwG5xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80qMjwG5xc[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Spore I doubt that a Yashica camera has a high monetary value. If you have a Leica M3, it would be worth about $600 but that's because you can still use it with the old Leica family of lenses. Back in those days German companies like Leica had a reputation for making good lenses. Probably the best 35mm camera in market.

I had inherited an M3 & can tell you that it was a very solid camera, heavy & well built.

Thankyou for the infor .

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went to my friend house today .. and he told me he have 2 yashica mg-1 so he just gave me one .

My dear friend, if just for collection sake I think no harm to keep. But to use it, then you might have a problem, maybe big headache. One, where to buy film rolls? Second, who is going to develop for you, unless you have your own chemical knowledge, dark room, etc.
Kodak recently already file for bankruptcy. I dont know what about Fuji films, Agfa, Minolta or Sakura. I believe in England they still sell Ilford films.