• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is this vintage camera good ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What do you mean by "good"? Technically good or artistically good?

Out of focus shots can win photograph competitions if looks like it was done on purpose. Over exposed images can be labelled as "high key" to cover up the blunder.

If you're talking the principles of capturing in-focus, correctly exposed images then it's the same as digital. The difference is that it's harder to rescue the image if you screw up.

i mean technically good ..i have no problem of artistically good cause i have a good art sense because i use to be an art student .

sam , what are those buttons for ? thank you .

11111111111111111.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i mean technically good ..i have no problem of artistically good cause i have a good art sense because i use to be an art student .

sam , what are those buttons for ? thank you .

I only see one. I have no idea what it is for? Does it have any effect on the aperture?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I only see one. I have no idea what it is for? Does it have any effect on the aperture?

im not sure ..i dont think that camera is in working condition so i have to restore it first before i can use it . by the way , what are those numbers on my camera representing ? i know its a stupid question to ask ...but i really know nuts about photography ..hope you can teach me .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
im not sure ..i dont think that camera is in working condition so i have to restore it first before i can use it . by the way , what are those numbers on my camera representing ? i know its a stupid question to ask ...but i really know nuts about photography ..hope you can teach me .

2.8 to 16 is the aperture or f stop.

3.5 to infinity is your focus distance.

4 to 16 on either side of the red line is your depth-of-field.

If you're starting from scratch, forget about shooting film. Get yourself a digital camera to learn the basics and you can go back to that camera once you know what's going on.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2.8 to 16 is the aperture or f stop.

3.5 to infinity is your focus distance.

4 to 16 on either side of the red line is your depth-of-field.

If you're starting from scratch, forget about shooting film. Get yourself a digital camera to learn the basics and you can go back to that camera once you know what's going on.

thankyou sam .