• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this Canadian Doctor for Real - Type 2 Diabetes is Reversible?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@Froggy

you still here? I've been going over some info on the diets and whatnot on controlling T2DM. You having any luck?

Ya ya I am here.

So I was in hospital for a different reason not T2D. Went through echocardiogram, treadmill stress test, Cardiac computed tomography angiography (CTA) and MRI of the brain. Stayed 3 nights. Finally on Saturday doctor came and tell me I can be discharged the the good news is everything is cleared. The bad news is I have T2D as when I was admitted my blood sugar was over 400mg/dl (22.2mmol/L) and that another blood test on Friday was over 300mg/dl (16.7mmol/L). Also cholesterol bad (watch my posts in this forum you know why), very bad and triglyceride too. (seems like all these 3 are good friends)

The way to go about is to eat medicine to control both T2D and cholesterol. Doctor also told me there is actually no cure for T2D except for medication to control the blood sugar. I went home look up in the internet that resulted in the thread about Dr Jason Fung. Anyway I find most of what he talked about make sense for me. But the problem I still have lots of good food in my refrigerator so I cooked nice food to eat that weekend. Then I was craving for thosai so Monday I went to the thosai restaurant Dosa King to indulge in southern Indian vegetarian food wallop 2 pieces of thosai.

Tuesday I started. OMAD (One Meal A Day - intermittent fasting). Wake up morning no eat and eat only late afternoon about say 3-4pm. In my meals I keep to meats and vegetables no carbohydrate. I also bought the blood glucose meter and measure in morning, after meal and before I sleep measure my blood pressure too as I have high blood and in medication for about 12 years. My purpose is to reverse my T2D and reduce cholesterol. I still drink though but not as often.

Anyway from Tuesday when I started till now loss 4kg and glucose level coming down. I wish to do this OMAD for 1 month as I have to visit the doctor again.

Here is how I check my blood and the result will be transferred to my phone where it is recorded and I could show doctor when I visit him in 3 weeks. Ok @nightsafari will post more results here soon.

Test done 7.30pm as you can see in the video

Record on my phone (by the way 135mg/dl = 7.5mmol/L, not fantastic but a vast improvement
IMG_1984 2.jpg

@asenmaga thank you for all your honest sharing, really informative and beneficial. I hope I can be successful as you. I hope I will not give up. Its difficult for me as I love to eat and cook and drink too.

Last edited:

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya ya I am here.

So I was in hospital for a different reason not T2D. Went through echocardiogram, treadmill stress test, Cardiac computed tomography angiography (CTA) and MRI of the brain. Stayed 3 nights. Finally on Saturday doctor came and tell me I can be discharged the the good news is everything is cleared. The bad news is I have T2D as when I was admitted my blood sugar was over 400mg/dl (22.2mmol/L) and that another blood test on Friday was over 300mg/dl (16.7mmol/L). Also cholesterol bad (watch my posts in this forum you know why), very bad and triglyceride too. (seems like all these 3 are good friends)

The way to go about is to eat medicine to control both T2D and cholesterol. Doctor also told me there is actually no cure for T2D except for medication to control the blood sugar. I went home look up in the internet that resulted in the thread about Dr Jason Fung. Anyway I find most of what he talked about make sense for me. But the problem I still have lots of good food in my refrigerator so I cooked nice food to eat that weekend. Then I was craving for thosai so Monday I went to the thosai restaurant Dosa King to indulge in southern Indian vegetarian food wallop 2 pieces of thosai.

Tuesday I started. OMAD (One Meal A Day - intermittent fasting). Wake up morning no eat and eat only late afternoon about say 3-4pm. In my meals I keep to meats and vegetables no carbohydrate. I also bought the blood glucose meter and measure in morning, after meal and before I sleep measure my blood pressure too as I have high blood and in medication for about 12 years. My purpose is to reverse my T2D and reduce cholesterol. I still drink though but not as often.

Anyway from Tuesday when I started till now loss 4kg and glucose level coming down. I wish to do this OMAD for 1 month as I have to visit the doctor again.

Here is how I check my blood and the result will be transferred to my phone where it is recorded and I could show doctor when I visit him in 3 weeks. Ok @nightsafari will post more results here soon.

Record on my phone (by the way 135mg/dl = 7.5mmol/L, not fantastic but a vast improvement
View attachment 125299

@asenmaga thank you for all your honest sharing, really informative and beneficial. I hope I can be successful as you. I hope I will not give up. Its difficult for me as I love to eat and cook and drink too.
Thanks for sharing your experience, my hope is more T2D or Pre Diabetes members here can share their experience in this thread you have started, which would be helpful even for those that are not diabetic that it is important to watch they eat and in moderation and try to avoid this disease.

There is nothing wrong, to use Medication to control blood glucose, It all depends on each individual of what he wants.
At the same time it is good information for those to be aware that there are other form apart from medication to control blood glucose .

Waiting for more sharing from you. Can you also share the cost of the various test you have done , example CTA. I have enquired about the
CT Calcium Score Scan. The Heart Center (NUH) quoted 600 while the parkway pantai group of hospital quoted 366 inclusive of GST. Seems the private hospital prices are lower than Public. ( of course you can qualify for subsidy than could be very different ).

Thanks Once again for sharing.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for sharing your experience, my hope is more T2D or Pre Diabetes members here can share their experience in this thread you have started, which would be helpful even for those that are not diabetic that it is important to watch they eat and in moderation and try to avoid this disease.

There is nothing wrong, to use Medication to control blood glucose, It all depends on each individual of what he wants.
At the same time it is good information for those to be aware that there are other form apart from medication to control blood glucose .

Waiting for more sharing from you. Can you also share the cost of the various test you have done , example CTA. I have enquired about the
CT Calcium Score Scan. The Heart Center (NUH) quoted 600 while the parkway pantai group of hospital quoted 366 inclusive of GST. Seems the private hospital prices are lower than Public. ( of course you can qualify for subsidy than could be very different ).

Thanks Once again for sharing.

Thank you for the encouragement. All I want to say are (1) I hope I am in the right direction to be healthier and able to reverse T2D and (2) I hope I will have the mental power to continue.

Just sharing this is my routine past few days, this is this morning

So after taking both blood pressure and glucose the machines will transmit the data to my phone:

Glucose
aH8gGUT.jpg

Blood pressure
hT9fqHj.jpg

Morning Walk
4s6tL8b.jpg

Map and milestone
p47Uhni.jpg

Tomorrow is my endoscopy and colonoscopy appointment in the morning. Do this every 5 years (done twice) but its the 6th year now so its time for my 3rd scope.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the encouragement. All I want to say are (1) I hope I am in the right direction to be healthier and able to reverse T2D and (2) I hope I will have the mental power to continue.

Just sharing this is my routine past few days, this is this morning

So after taking both blood pressure and glucose the machines will transmit the data to my phone:

Glucose
aH8gGUT.jpg

Blood pressure
hT9fqHj.jpg

Morning Walk
4s6tL8b.jpg

Map and milestone
p47Uhni.jpg

Tomorrow is my endoscopy and colonoscopy appointment in the morning. Do this every 5 years (done twice) but its the 6th year now so its time for my 3rd scope.
Thank You for sharing.....continue the good habits...and all your health statistics will get better and better....

Your glucose meter is definitely the more advance type. ( did you test before, ie after taking the first reading, immediately take out a second strips to counter check, many a time.. my old model accu check and contour meter will always have difference, while my current China brand will have the same for the first and second reading or very very small difference).

You are using mg/L and not mmol/L ?

Another thing, from my personal experience, It is better to have the walk , 15-20 mins after your meal... more effective with overall BG control than walking in the morning or before meal . ( not sure about your case, everyone's body is different....so only by testing will one know what is best for ones body...so test and test ).

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya ya I am here.

View attachment 125299

paiseh.

got tied up for the whole week. don't scold ok?!?! :redface::redface::redface:

My situation similar to yours. Yeah I'm an avid follower of your posts so I know why you liddat. :biggrin:

Your blood glucose is frightening! :eek::eek: Is it spot or fasting? A1C?

@asenmaga has good advice, my way is not too different, but I focus on vegetable based proteins and fibre. I'm not big on exercise but I find that with just these changes, I can control it with diet alone. Also quantity important. One last thing is that my carb intake is relatively low. Not keto or no carbs, but just eat the barest minimum that will satisfy me. Plant proteins when hungry first. Carbs last.