• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this Canadian Doctor for Real - Type 2 Diabetes is Reversible?

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are others T2D before me, have tried to change the mindsets at MOH and the general public at large and have given up basically .

Maybe there will come a time where I will be like them.

For the moment I am happy to see the post of MOH doing interviews with T2Ds and or their caregivers on how they manage their conditions .

Hopefully it is not a public relations exercise to push a certain narrative .

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There are others T2D before me, have tried to change the mindsets at MOH and the general public at large and have given up basically .

Maybe there will come a time where I will be like them.

For the moment I am happy to see the post of MOH doing interviews with T2Ds and or their caregivers on how they manage their conditions .

Hopefully it is not a public relations exercise to push a certain narrative .
Why they give up? Must not give up. Keep trying until you succeed.

I think you will succeed and revolutionize the way diabetes is managed in Singapore. Keep pushing and advocating.

Jia you!

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well firstly we are in it first and foremost for our own health if we can help others who are interested we are definitely willing to help .

We are not a group trying to push a certain direction eg I hate those Vegan groups that are pushing and imposing their agenda against others.

We are not medically trained nor are we qualified to give medical advice .

This job , would be better, more applicable for people who went into medicine which should be their specialty and also their callings , going into medicine to help people ?

Lastly I am sure you have read the recent case of church friends getting into trouble for recommending Ivermectin .

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Well firstly we are in it first and foremost for our own health if we can help others who are interested we are definitely willing to help .

We are not a group trying to push a certain direction eg I hate those Vegan groups that are pushing and imposing their agenda against others.

We are not medically trained nor are we qualified to give medicate advice .

This job , would be better, more applicable for people who went into medicine which should be their specialty and also their callings , going into medicine to help people ?

Lastly I am sure you have read the recent case of church friends getting into trouble for recommending Ivermectin .
I actually spent time trying to give you reasons why it is not that way.

Going forward if anyone asks me questions related to T2DM I will refer them to you.

I wish you all the best. And I hope that you succeed.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone has an opinion which is the right way ,
but in all my post , NEVER for once did I insisted my way is suitable for everyone NOR is the only way . ( that is a big difference ?)

It seems you still have difficulty understanding this part ?

Even that the first priority I have always suggested to do their own research and find their own plan .

I can point them to different styles and those who have problem understanding can Private message me and will offer my help
accordingly ie pointers what to look out , where are potential dangers with a particular food plan .

It does not mean that I will give what protocol to anyone who is interested .
You have read basically all my post on this topics , I am sure you saw what I posted to Nightsafari that to do the Food test , ie basically Food that he is already taking and start to understand the different food that affects his blood glucose reading , so I introduce nothing that is out of the normal for him , no ?

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I feel that people like yourself are the one that is most qualified in this area, meaning be able to get out of the mainstream medical guidelines and treat your patients accordingly .

Of Course those patients that wants medications as their option , it is their choice and if right for them , treat them accordingly , nothing wrong with that .

Not asking to "push " something to your patient when they are not the right fit but as an open minded doctor you could informed them there are other option available .

You all went into medicine for a calling when you all were young , with an aim of helping people improve their lives from diseases .

Anyway the one who started this topic asked whether it is possible to put diabetes into reversible by Dr Jason Fong .

I posted to indicate it is possible to have T2D into remission as someone who did it even after many years of being one .

I also indicated what my " remission " means not to give a false sense that it is a cure ( although i know of two that really passed their OGTT ).

I have not taken an OGTT yet because I am trying to find one with a corresponding Assay of Insulin together with my blood glucose to ensure that the amount of insulin needed to keep my blood glucose in the normal range is also in the normal range .

Anyway I always enjoyed friendly exchange of views and ideas and not here to offend anyone .

Best of Luck

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , I have read about it but not in details . I try to keep as close as possible to real food or non processed food .

I think Cannabidiol is not legally available in SG so would be difficult .

Honestly , I am always willing to try different stuff , I am a strong believer of N=1 experiment . I tried Brown rice , Red Cargo rice etc etc .

Sometime there is no explanation how your body reacts to different food .

I can take Potato wedges , french fries but for the same amount of Hash Brown or sweet potatoes it spike my BG .

That is always why I advocate to test and test your BG during the initial food testing phase , there after you may test less often if you are taking the same food choices and aware of how it affects your BG .

Just sharing some of my experiences . It maybe different from others .

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes , I have read about it but not in details . I try to keep as close as possible to real food or non processed food .

I think Cannabidiol is not legally available in SG so would be difficult .

Honestly , I am always willing to try different stuff , I am a strong believer of N=1 experiment . I tried Brown rice , Red Cargo rice etc etc .

Sometime there is no explanation how your body reacts to different food .

I can take Potato wedges , french fries but for the same amount of Hash Brown or sweet potatoes it spike my BG .

That is always why I advocate to test and test your BG during the initial food testing phase , there after you may test less often if you are taking the same food choices and aware of how it affects your BG .

Just sharing some of my experiences . It maybe different from others .
Cannabis is a plant. Natural. Some people call it miracle plant.

Many patients with severe nerve pain have had amaxing results with cannabis.

Also used for seizures.

T2DM and HTN also. No one size fits all. Not trying to push anything. Just sharing. Not for everyone. But must keep open mind. In future maybe will be legal all around the world. Already Thailand and Korea also allow medical cannabis.

Singapore clinate warm and lots of sun. Good place to grow cannabis plants.

Can juice also.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it works for your patients and is legal in Canada and your patients is happy than
that is the most important is it not ?

I hope you do realised that guidelines and being legal have really two distinct meaning .

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If it works for your patients and is legal in Canada and your patients is happy than
that is the most important is it not ?

I hope you do realised that guidelines and being legal have really two distinct meaning .
It is legal in Canada. But not part of guidelines to treat T2DM. But I have many patients share with me good results like how you share your good results with diet.

So I am just sharing. I am not pushing anything. It is just discussion and sharing. Not legal in Singapore means cannot use in SG but hopefully some will advocate for CBD. CBD does not cause euphoria. Also known as Hemp oil.

You should have open mind and learn about it and its use with T2DM.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am , but following guidelines and being legal are two different things, I am sure such a highly educated person like you, know the difference very well.

Those who went into Medicine are usually the top 5-10 pct of the Population , so If you want to put a different opinion of what I have stated I am really disappointed that YOU chose this as an example, I think you should be able to do better ?

Even within USA Cannabis they are legal in certain states but not for others if I am not wrong.

If you are unable to draw a difference between what is being opened minded with guidelines and being legal than I am sorry , you have wasted many years of your education.

Doing things that is illegally will harm your patients instead of helping him , it may save him from his condition but you put him into a legal problem and that is not the aim of a medical practitioner is it not ?

I am going for my regular walk soon. I suggest you take a good rest. I am not here to win any debate or argument.
I am just a normal person that is a T2Ds always willing to lend a helping hand to another T2d to improve his condition if he requested that is all I am here in this post for.

Ps. You can go thru my past postings and why I decided to registered and joined as a member even thought I have been reading this forum for many years before. Started with a Football Tipsters Scam......Lobang King Ways....

Last edited:

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
A move in the right direction by Diabetes Australia, will Diabetes Singapore 'dare to put one out too " ? The America Diabetes Association have already put out theirs too ?

It is important that those that have interest in T2D remission read the full article.

This announcement is just out today. It again proof my point , MOH guidelines may not always be the only way ....one must always be "open minded
with different methodology to achieve what an endocrinologist tries to do with medications.

( please differential between guidelines and staying on legal grounds , they are totally different ).

https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.a...ition-Statement_Type-2-diabetes-remission.pdf

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am , but following guidelines and being legal are two different things, I am sure such a highly educated person like you, know the difference very well.

Those who went into Medicine are usually the top 5-10 pct of the Population , so If you want to put a different opinion of what I have stated I am really disappointed that YOU chose this as an example, I think you should be able to do better ?

Even within USA Cannabis they are legal in certain states but not for others if I am not wrong.

If you are unable to draw a difference between what is being opened minded with guidelines and being legal than I am sorry , you have wasted many years of your education.

Doing things that is illegally will harm your patients instead of helping him , it may save him from his condition but you put him into a legal problem and that is not the aim of a medical practitioner is it not ?

I am going for my regular walk soon. I suggest you take a good rest. I am not here to win any debate or argument.
I am just a normal person that is a T2Ds always willing to lend a helping hand to another T2d to improve his condition if he requested that is all I am here in this post for.

Ps. You can go thru my past postings and why I decided to registered and joined as a member even thought I have been reading this forum for many years before. Started with a Football Tipsters Scam......Lobang King Ways....
I dont appreciate your personal attacks.

Who are you to say what a dr should be and do and should not be?

I am not offering a "different opinion" I am just sharing what I see and hear these days in relation to T2DM. It is my patients self medicating with CBD.

Your comments like I have wasted my education and all that. These are personal attacks. What has it got to do with the topic itself?

I work in Canada which is the 2nd country to fully legalize both medical and recreational cannabis. Canadians are very proud users of cannabis. The way you write makes it sound like I am doing illegal things.

And again all the personal attacks suggest to me you are not as "open minded" to have clean debate and discussion on topics. It is your way or the highway.

I have never insulted you or belittled you or made comments on how you lack knowledge or education. How you should be and shouldnt be.

Maybe you should try having debate with the other dr on the forum porcaputtana instead.

Have a good night.

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone can read my posts from the start to the last one, and also yours, I am sure people can distinguished who is more balanced. I already knew from the first posting of cannabis what your were trying to do, I have people who pm to ignore you. but I am one to prefer to engage where I can,
You are an Ex Sporean that left for Canada and you clearly aware of drugs being a sensitive topic in SG and you are just BUTT HURT that as a medical practitioner cant even bring a proper argument so you tried this knowing how a Singaporean still in Singapore would react.

My first respond to your cannabis , was if it is legal in Canada and if it helps your patients than that is all that matter is it not ?

So wasnt this statement balance

and yet to tried again further with your subsequent post ...I responded in the way you wanted me was, like I say people who went to medicine is usually the top 5-10 pct of the population.... meaning you are in a group of people that most would respect, yet you stooged so low to bring a topic that is sensitive to try an win an argument .....even though you are now living in Canada , it seems the kaisu ness have not left you..... I thought the Canada way of life is what attracted you.... so it seems like it is not the case and maybe it was also not the pure reasons that you chose medicine.....only you yourself will know.....

You cant even differential between guidelines and being legal , I am sure most who read this can agree that you have wasted the years of educations.

It is up to you can put me in your bin if you so wish after this post.... neither will I reply to u again... will take the advice of others who have pm me .
From your first post to me.... you seems unstable ... that is why the last post I asked you to take a rest before I go for my walk..

PS I posted the latest Diabetes Australia position statement regarding T2D remission( this statement only came out on 13/10/2021 so I did'nt know in advance when I started to post in this thread ). clearly shows that MOH guidelines is not the only way....
You have been defensive of MOH from the start of the conversation till the end...so clearly you knew we were discussing about Singapore...
Second, you asked for all the costing of lab tests Glucose meters , tests strips... etc ... these are all cost that are in Spore and not Canada...
so clearly you knew the main area is Spore and not Canada.

YOU thought that I was bullshitting and didnt expect me to really do all the research and work and was expecting not to be able to provide you with it, why would someone who is not in Singapore but operating in Canada wants to know the cost of Singapore ? ( from here I already knew what was your aim trying to engage me, clearly I have posted my bedtime so wont reply and yet you reposted your request for all the cost, why is it important for a medical professional operating in Canada to know the cost in SG for should u not be more concerned about cost in Canada, everyone that have a brain can draw the correct conclusion what you were trying to do .

..since I am a Sporean and you are an Ex Singaporean who still very much talking about Singapore from all your post..... so who is a medical professionals... I thought you are intelligent enough .......seems I am wrong than.....

The post from Diabetes Australia have proven my postings from starting to the last one....I came here only with one aim to be able to share
what a t2D experience is and that T2D can be put into remission as this thread starter wanted to know.....you are here for a different purpose...
unfortunately ...couple with that you are medical qualified....to contribute more in this area and yet you aim was not that ?

Best of luck than.

Ps in reply to you praising me... you praised me an encourage me was because I provided valuable contribution and I am knowledgeable at least as a T2D ? ( You even suggested that I become a diabetologist ?)

You have also stated that I am careful and balanced with my post unlike many others, now you decided I am not ?

Please count the number of time you have apologized to me , again you didnt mean it ?

Are you know trying to imply now , you are a hypocrite too ?

I didn't praised you , is quite simple, and everyone can read and in my opinion you didn't bring any positive values to the discussion at hand, where most members here would expect more from a medically qualified person ?

So must I also be a hypocrite and start praising you when in my opinion you have not post anything
that is of value ?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Everyone can read my posts from the start to the last one, and also yours, I am sure people can distinguished who is more balanced. I already knew from the first posting of cannabis what your were trying to do, I have people who pm to ignore you. but I am one to prefer to engage where I can,
You are an Ex Sporean that left for Canada and you clearly aware of drugs being a sensitive topic in SG and you are just BUTT HURT that as a medical practitioner cant even bring a proper argument so you tried this knowing how a Singaporean still in Singapore would react.

My first respond to your cannabis , was if it is legal in Canada and if it helps your patients than that is all that matter is it not ?

So wasnt this statement balance

and yet to tried again further with your subsequent post ...I responded in the way you wanted me was, like I say people who went to medicine is usually the top 5-10 pct of the population.... meaning you are in a group of people that most would respect, yet you stooged so low to bring a topic that is sensitive to try an win an argument .....even though you are now living in Canada , it seems the kaisu ness have not left you..... I thought the Canada way of life is what attracted you.... so it seems like it is not the case and maybe it was also not the pure reasons that you chose medicine.....only you yourself will know.....

You cant even differential between guidelines and being legal , I am sure most who read this can agree that you have wasted the years of educations.

It is up to you can put me in your bin if you so wish after this post.... neither will I reply to u again... will take the advice of others who have pm me .
From your first post to me.... you seems unstable ... that is why the last post I asked you to take a rest before I go for my walk..

PS I posted the latest Diabetes Australia position statement regarding T2D remission( this statement only came out on 13/10/2021 so I did'nt know in advance when I started to post in this thread ). clearly shows that MOH guidelines is not the only way....
You have been defensive of MOH from the start of the conversation till the end...so clearly you knew we were discussing about Singapore...
Second, you asked for all the costing of lab tests Glucose meters , tests strips... etc ... these are all cost that are in Spore and not Canada...
so clearly you knew the main area is Spore and not Canada.

YOU thought that I was bullshitting and didnt expect me to really do all the research and work and was expecting not to be able to provide you with it, why would someone who is not in Singapore but operating in Canada wants to know the cost of Singapore ? ( from here I already knew what was your aim trying to engage me, clearly I have posted my bedtime so wont reply and yet you reposted your request for all the cost, why is it important for a medical professional operating in Canada to know the cost in SG for should u not be more concerned about cost in Canada, everyone that have a brain can draw the correct conclusion what you were trying to do .

..since I am a Sporean and you are an Ex Singaporean who still very much talking about Singapore from all your post..... so who is a medical professionals... I thought you are intelligent enough .......seems I am wrong than.....

The post from Diabetes Australia have proven my postings from starting to the last one....I came here only with one aim to be able to share
what a t2D experience is and that T2D can be put into remission as this thread starter wanted to know.....you are here for a different purpose...
unfortunately ...couple with that you are medical qualified....to contribute more in this area and yet you aim was not that ?

Best of luck than.

Ps in reply to you praising me... you praised me an encourage me was because I provided valuable contribution and I am knowledgeable at least as a T2D ? ( You even suggested that I become a diabetologist ?)

You have also stated that I am careful and balanced with my post unlike many others, now you decided I am not ?

Please count the number of time you have apologized to me , again you didnt mean it ?

Are you know trying to imply now , you are a hypocrite too ?

I didn't praised you , is quite simple, and everyone can read and in my opinion you didn't bring any positive values to the discussion at hand, where most members here would expect more from a medically qualified person ?

So must I also be a hypocrite and start praising you when in my opinion you have not post anything
that is of value ?
Hey uncle respectfully when I talked about CBD i was not trying to get anyone in trouble just sharing.

And when I praised you I mean it. When I apologized I also meant it.

Like I said I am out of touch with diabetic mamagement. Nowadays also got Ozempic etc

Many of the things you said got under my skin because they are true. Wasting my education and time. Why am I still a doctor? Why dont I find something else to do.

On reflection I realize topics about medicine and all this bad doctor good doctor right or best way vs old and bad way are triggers for me. I am not defensive of MOH in particular. If anything I dislike the medical community very much myself. Was just trying to share another POV.

Anyway I really have no interest to make enemies. If I have offended you again I truly applogize. I hope we will chat again on brighter topics in the future.

On my part....#no more medicine

I have made a resolution to no longer post on medical topics or respond to any requesrs for my medical opinion. No more.

I will post more on things that are happy and entertaining and not serious. Movies. Hiking. Skiing. Comics. Stories. Music. Entertainment. K drama. Weather. Scenery. There is a lot out there to live for.

There are good people in this forum with excellent knowledge on things. Frankly I am not a very intelligent person or academic. So it to my benefit if I avoid serious discussion going forward.

As a friend told me in PM : Times change you just have to go with the flow.

So #no more medicine.

I wish you well and I hope those who read this give me mercy and kindness and give me a chance to turn a new page in life.

Cheers!

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though I have mentioned that I will not reply to your post again, but I hope this post really meant what YOU stated and I definitely truly appreciated it.

My purpose in this forum has always been clear , why I signed up on not too long ago... with Lobang King Ways a football tipsters scam....I explain why
...is to ensure that no bro here falls for it...since I am aware it is a scam. with this thread .. to inform that remission for T2D is possible and I have done it even after 20 years....this is to encourage others who have interest to put their into remission , hope that it is possible and should search and do their research on this topic ( I list the diets of quite a number of them ...for them to have an idea where to start.. NEVER for once I claimed that what I did was for everyone or the right one.

Again I only post if I can provide a positive value to things that I have experienced in...like T2D and financial sector stuff...and some Singaporean Politics.....I seldom go to other area... and I dont post very often but I do read. My initial reaction about U was a case of mistaken identity...I think we used to have a Singapore Indian medical professional, used to be a colonel is the SAF and also migrated to Canada.

Anyway Lets put that behind us....we look forward...you do what you feel comfortable... I do mine... there is no conflict here .

Thank You once again for this email....as always best of luck in whatever you are doing.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Even though I have mentioned that I will not reply to your post again, but I hope this post really meant what YOU stated and I definitely truly appreciated it.

My purpose in this forum has always been clear , why I signed up on not too long ago... with Lobang King Ways a football tipsters scam....I explain why
...is to ensure that no bro here falls for it...since I am aware it is a scam. with this thread .. to inform that remission for T2D is possible and I have done it even after 20 years....this is to encourage others who have interest to put their into remission , hope that it is possible and should search and do their research on this topic ( I list the diets of quite a number of them ...for them to have an idea where to start.. NEVER for once I claimed that what I did was for everyone or the right one.

Again I only post if I can provide a positive value to things that I have experienced in...like T2D and financial sector stuff...and some Singaporean Politics.....I seldom go to other area... and I dont post very often but I do read. My initial reaction about U was a case of mistaken identity...I think we used to have an Singapore Indian medical professional, used to be a colonel is the SAF and also migrated to Canada.

Anyway Lets put that behind us....we look forward...you do what you feel comfortable... I do mind... there is no conflict here .

Thank You once again for this email....as always best of luck in whatever you are doing.
Thank you.

I am sincere and was always in my previous posts too.

Anyway thank you for accepting my apology. I do not wish to post anymore serious topics anymore.

#no more medicine

Take care and stay safe.