• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is there a true religion?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
not just religion is a concept...................everything is a concept................the main word here is relative..............

consider this..................without other colours..................you can't say white is white....................you also can't say white isn't white................

I understand. But concepts do not empower. Beliefs do. That is why religion is a belief.

If your belief is erroneous, it will lead to an erroneous course of action. That is why religions can be dangerous and manipulated.

It can even lead to killings and evils done in the name of God. It may be debatable but the evils done by pious religious leaders (not all religions as some are peaceful) can be equal to that done by the communists who purged all religions. The essential quality that is common to all such people is a belief that those who disagree deserve death. A belief I do not share.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
just as you can call a table as a chair...................and a chair as a table................''religion'' is just the name of a relative concept invented by humans............

Buddha said words are only meant to convey his messages and ideas to the people.................like a raft used to cross a river..................words themselves have no reality............

the words ''buddha'' and ''teachings'' are relative concepts used by humans to differentiate the ''buddha'' from normal people and ''teachings'' from non-teachings...............

go read up the Diamond Sutra.......................see if you can get your mind to understand it................

I doubt that I can understand the Sutra. I do not even know the basics of Buddhism.

But what I do understand is that the teachings of Buddha are followed religiously by some. For them, these teachings are not concepts but beliefs to live by.

You can always call a chair a table and a table, a chair. It is far better to call them by the right name as otherwise you will sit on a table and eat from a chair.