• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is there a true religion?

akaliko

I started this thread 2.5 yrs ago but till now no one has given any relevant replies. :(
We read some forummers criticising other religions whilst others try to extol their own religions. Thats not the purpose of this thread.
Pl go back to my original post to read again. I'm asking for sharing of yr own true personal encounters with the divine power that made you believe so much in yr religion.

Divine power?? Mine derives from "stillness". Call it "Union with God" if you like, its a calm, blissful, conscious and yet out of this world experience.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
14. ...Jesus’ example, such as toward the adulterous woman in John 8:1-11, was not to condemn the transgressor to harsh punishment as the culture would have demanded (in this case being stoned to death), but to show mercy and insist that she leave her life of sin.

Does this mean that King David was born in the wrong time? If he was brought before Jesus, Jesus would have said to King David and Bathsheba, "Go and sin no more" thus denying justice to Uriah?

For the resurrection power of Christ made all things new with the past forgiven. Therefore Jesus' doctrine of grace denies justice to the innocent?

16. The Bible does not permit the charging of interest. Not charging interest or receiving interest was a practice in the Old Testament to give benefit to people in need. The New Testament effectively abrogates this practice in Jesus’ Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-29).

I do not understand how the New Testament "effectively abrogates" this practice using the Parable of the Talents.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
and where does christ story originates from?? the bible.....and how do you know if its true? word of god....where does god come from??? the bible....and who wrote the bible?? 22 men with editing, cut and paste...and etc...

and the cycle goes on and on and on and on..............

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, Revelation2011, there are answers to my questions - based on sound doctrine too :smile: Doctrine is an interesting subject, don't you think so?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
and where does christ story originates from?? the bible.....and how do you know if its true? word of god....where does god come from??? the bible....and who wrote the bible?? 22 men with editing, cut and paste...and etc...

and the cycle goes on and on and on and on..............

You need to apply that to every religion, every autobiography and every newspaper. How do you know that a reported fact is true? Could it not be distorted by the owners?

How do we know that you wrote those words, for that matter?

I resolved those uncertainties by adopting certain assumptions so I can conclude you wrote them.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
all eff religion is made up.........newspapers and autobiagraphy produce lies as welll.......

Possibly. They may slant it to their owners' beliefs. But luckily they are not all we have to give us guidance. Our brains and hearts help to make sense of them.

So trust your brain and heart. If all religion is made up, then where is that truth that your brain and heart is pointing you to?

At a stage in my life I did a lot of questionings and asking the same questions over and over again to different people. Today I can handle a lot of questions from others. But my answers may not satisfy them, even as they satisfy me.

What I want to say is: if you do not believe in religions, then accept that as your starting point. Find your own questions and search for the answers. One day you will be satisfied.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is simple.. just pray to the ONE Creator and never to HIS creations. Who did Adam pray to? who did Noah pray to and who did all the prophets including Jesus ..yes Jesus prayed ! ANd He Prayed to the Creator.Belief is simple. God IS ONE there is NO One like HIM and He can never be like HIS creations whether it be the Spirit or humans or animals like cows and elephants and monkeys.

My religion is Hinduism and I like this religion because In my religion every single person believe in god and worship the God regularly. Hindu people do not eat food with praying god.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is simple.. just pray to the ONE Creator and never to HIS creations. Who did Adam pray to? who did Noah pray to and who did all the prophets including Jesus ..yes Jesus prayed ! ANd He Prayed to the Creator.Belief is simple. God IS ONE there is NO One like HIM and He can never be like HIS creations whether it be the Spirit or humans or animals like cows and elephants and monkeys.

What makes you think that there is God?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is simple.. just pray to the ONE Creator and never to HIS creations. ......God IS ONE there is NO One like HIM and He can never be like HIS creations whether it be the Spirit or humans or animals like cows and elephants and monkeys.

You sound, to me, like a person who will hurt another human being if he does not share your belief.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in truth, there's no such thing as religions................

religion is a relative concept of the human mind.......................

just as the buddha said.................''there are no buddhas and no teachings.................''

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
in truth, there's no such thing as religions................

religion is a relative concept of the human mind.......................

just as the buddha said.................''there are no buddhas and no teachings.................''

Religion is not a concept. It is a belief system that helps a person to get on in life and give shape to the after-life.

There are too many things in life that is unfair, unjust and inequitable. Humans have a propensity to evil and indifference. Without religion, Man and Woman will denigrate. Even with religion, they practice evil but with the forgiveness of grace, mercy and faith. Evil can be done by these people: christians who go around saying 'the infinite grace and mercy of God', non-christians who condemn the christians, ex-christians who feel that christians are hypocrites and they are not.

Without religion, there is truly no hope.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there are truly no buddhas and no teachings, then why was this statement attributed to Buddha and become part of the religious text (i am assuming that you did not make this up yourself)

The fact that it is quoted, believed in and acted upon, means that it entered the realm of religion.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there are truly no buddhas and no teachings, then why was this statement attributed to Buddha and become part of the religious text (i am assuming that you did not make this up yourself)

The fact that it is quoted, believed in and acted upon, means that it entered the realm of religion.

just as you can call a table as a chair...................and a chair as a table................''religion'' is just the name of a relative concept invented by humans............

Buddha said words are only meant to convey his messages and ideas to the people.................like a raft used to cross a river..................words themselves have no reality............

the words ''buddha'' and ''teachings'' are relative concepts used by humans to differentiate the ''buddha'' from normal people and ''teachings'' from non-teachings...............

go read up the Diamond Sutra.......................see if you can get your mind to understand it................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Religion is not a concept. It is a belief system that helps a person to get on in life and give shape to the after-life.

There are too many things in life that is unfair, unjust and inequitable. Humans have a propensity to evil and indifference. Without religion, Man and Woman will denigrate. Even with religion, they practice evil but with the forgiveness of grace, mercy and faith. Evil can be done by these people: christians who go around saying 'the infinite grace and mercy of God', non-christians who condemn the christians, ex-christians who feel that christians are hypocrites and they are not.

Without religion, there is truly no hope.

not just religion is a concept...................everything is a concept................the main word here is relative..............

consider this..................without other colours..................you can't say white is white....................you also can't say white isn't white................

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes you think that there is God?

I do not think there is God ..I know.

I consider myself more of a Christian than you , if by being Christian means to follow closely in the footsteps of Jesus.

I consider your last post truly offensive so I shall not respond to it.

Peace Be with you.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think there is God ..I know.

I consider myself more of a Christian than you , if by being Christian means to follow closely in the footsteps of Jesus.

I consider your last post truly offensive so I shall not respond to it.

Peace Be with you.

It is fine by me that you consider yourself a superior Christian.

No need to respond if you do not wish to.