• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is the PAP gradually becoming SERIOUSLY Anti-PRC?

Is the PAP gradually becoming SERIOUSLY Anti-PRC?

• Total voters

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• Covid-19 a blow to Beijing's ambitions for global leadership.png
    Covid-19 a blow to Beijing's ambitions for global leadership.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,474
  • Bonnie S Glaser.png
    Bonnie S Glaser.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 2,525

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Global leadership is a race between competitors, not some stand alone metric. For e.g. in a 100m sprint if the weather or track conditions are unfavorable, all the runners will suffer a drop in performance, but whoever drops relatively less will be the ultimate winner.

The same goes for COVID-19 with regards to global leadership. What's the point of just analyzing how China's international reputation has gone down (I'm doubtful of this, I suspect it's actually net neutral or slight positive globally) without putting it in relation to its chief and likely only contenders, US & EU?

Whatever "reputation" or economic damage done to China as a result of COVID is dwarfed by its effects on US and EU. China is talking about how to manage slower economic growth, US and EU in contrast are discussing plans on how to prevent a recession from turning into a depression.

Also I am very surprised that something coming out from CSIS (IMO a rather respectable think tank even if I don't align with their politics) is stating something as ridiculous as G7 suing China for US$4trillion like some sort of feasible and soon to be realized policy. Hello Bonnie, the G6 just rejected US's call to even make any reference of COVID to China and Wuhan in the latest G7 meeting, what rock were you living under for the past few weeks?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the CCP regime claims global leadership, the world will be in a very, very dark place. Many of your liberties you take for granted will be gone.

Thankfully that is about to change. China will implode quite rapidly. It will no longer be the world's sweatshop factory and capital will rapidly move out of it. The 'China century' is a fairy tale.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole world stood still and even dont know how to help China humilated by US over HK riots, which was initiated by US CIA...

HK riots was just like 911 repeat where US keep splashing HK riots for months trying to influence EU to allies with them for war with China..

And this was inline with Dracula Trump trade war to humilate China into submission to his threat. Beecock 做了太过分 得罪了这么多人....

If all matters, it shd be the world leader s stand up to denounce US scrap the Human Rights HK Law Bill now.... or face law suit by allied world leaders...

Obviously this HK bill was to humilate China for world world to know US will bully anyone that can do better than US in advance Ind Revolution and challenge them in advanced Ind Revolution military weapons with no end in sight...

Global leadership is a race between competitors, not some stand alone metric. For e.g. in a 100m sprint if the weather or track conditions are unfavorable, all the runners will suffer a drop in performance, but whoever drops relatively less will be the ultimate winner.

The same goes for COVID-19 with regards to global leadership. What's the point of just analyzing how China's international reputation has gone down (I'm doubtful of this, I suspect it's actually net neutral or slight positive globally) without putting it in relation to its chief and likely only contenders, US & EU?

Whatever "reputation" or economic damage done to China as a result of COVID is dwarfed by its effects on US and EU. China is talking about how to manage slower economic growth, US and EU in contrast are discussing plans on how to prevent a recession from turning into a depression.

Also I am very surprised that something coming out from CSIS (IMO a rather respectable think tank even if I don't align with their politics) is stating something as ridiculous as G7 suing China for US$4trillion like some sort of feasible and soon to be realized policy. Hello Bonnie, the G6 just rejected US's call to even make any reference of COVID to China and Wuhan in the latest G7 meeting, what rock were you living under for the past few weeks?

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole world stood still and even dont know how to help China humilated by US over HK riots, which was initiated by US CIA...

HK riots was just like 911 repeat where US keep splashing HK riots for months trying to influence EU to allies with them for war with China..

And this was inline with Dracula Trump trade war to humilate China into submission to his threat. Beecock 做了太过分 得罪了这么多人....

If all matters, it shd be the world leader s stand up to denounce US scrap the Human Rights HK Law Bill now.... or face law suit by allied world leaders...

Obviously this HK bill was to humilate China for world world to know US will bully anyone that can do better than US in advance Ind Revolution and challenge them in advanced Ind Revolution military weapons with no end in sight...

The HK situation might have been instigated by external actors to hit China, but it's pretty much history already. Nobody gives a hoot about HK now and if its residents don't wake up their idea and start upping their socks, the rest of the world will just move on and forget about them.

Compared to the damage caused by COVID to the US in terms of international prestige, geopolitics, military power and economic influence, HK is not even worth a mention in the footnote.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 80% Sinkie cheena. Except for handful PG who speak dialect (but still cheena). The rest speak Mandarin. PAP need the 80% support. Its to their disadvantage if they go against their Motherland.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from China perspective, Taiwan and SG are brothers by blood but not the important brothers in arms like Vietnam, Burma and North Korea which they have been through thick and thin and stay together always. China always know who are their real brothers.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP needs more Tiong thugs , tourists , punters and "businessmen" to :

1. Source and supply cheap labour and cheap building materials
2. Park more ill-gotten gains here
3. RWS and MBS need I say more
4. Spend their tourist dollars here
5. Buy an overpriced property here also

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @jw5, many belated thanks for your reply and for also voting in this poll!
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438
Dear @nightsafari, many belated thanks to you too for your reply and for voting in the poll!
redface-gif.40438
Dear @glockman, many belated thanks to you too for also voting in this poll and for liking four of my posts in this thread!
bow-gif.40441
redface-gif.40438
Many belated thanks also to:
@Einstein
@Froggy
@spotter542
@Ralders
for voting in the poll!
redface-gif.40438