• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is life in Singapore good for most Singaporeans?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Let's not get drifted. You were saying many in Singapore could make hundreds of thousands when they sell their HDB flats and I replied it's true if they live in the streets after selling off and you retorted with unsubstantiated figures hundreds of thousands rented out their HDB flats

Now where did you pluck the figure from?
I was wrong in my guess. Is only 43,000. So tens of thousands. Not hundreds of thousands. But 43,000 still a lot of people I think.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1035869/singapore-total-hdb-rental-volume/

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, hawker food in Sg is the best in the world. But too crowded now. Can't get away from people. Late 1980s and early 1990s was peak Singapore for me, what I called home. Now? Too many Tiongs and CECAs. Our culture and values have been diluted too much. We've lost some of the color we had too, after the fucking speak Mandarin campaign began killing off dialects.

Now got northern Indian FTs who look down on our own Tamil Sinkies. Tiongs who confuse being Chinese with need to support CCP/motherland.

I remember those good old days, my era, we can bring own egg to ckt stall. No mrt. Busfares was cheap. Can buy monthly travel stamp. Coffee/tea in the milk can. No wifi. No internet. No stress.
Life was carefree. Can play football anywhere in my kampong.
Can grow fruits and vege like chilli, lime, etc

But now, sigh....

Only good is those days Hdb flats less than $20k. Had made a tidy sum nett profit over the years. Buy low. Sell very high.
Haha.... Cpf collected.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I remember those good old days, my era, we can bring own egg to ckt stall. No mrt. Busfares was cheap. Can buy monthly travel stamp. Coffee/tea in the milk can. No wifi. No internet. No stress.

But now, sigh....

Only good is those days Hdb flats less than $20k. Had made a tidy sum nett profit over the years. Buy low. Sell very high.
Haha.... Cpf collected.

What's wrong with Singapore now?

You mean if you bring own egg to CKT stall they throw it away? I am sure they would be happy to add it in for you.

MRT is bad? I think MRT is good right? Makes transport easier. Busfares cheap.....inflation what to do? Coffee/tea in milk can is good? I think the styrofoam cups are better. Wifi and internet is no good? I think ok what. got forum. Stress....last time kind of stress is different kind.
Carefree life? Vague lah.

Football? Can still play football at fields and parks right?
Grow fruits and vege like chili and lime? Still can along the HDB corridor or inside your house right?

Singapore still ok lah I think.

Otherwise explain a bit more why you say But now, sigh........?

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Own eggs.
Never try but really not practiced for years.
Doubt ckt man agree.

2. Mrt.
Too crowded. In fact very very crowded.
Read : crowded by extra FTs.
Frequent breakdowns.

3. Coffee in milk can.
More enjoyable to drink.
Just a personal preference.
Pls dont get mixed up as my write up is a little rojak and out of context with your intended subject.

4. Wifi and internet.
Are we not spending too much unneccessary time on it instead of simply reading a good book.
Again, A personal blurt out, out of context.

5. Chili.
Yes. Can grow inside Hdb flat or corridor. But different if you growing many pots.
Corridor. Neighbours may complain.

6. Football.
You cannot simply play at any field. Limited space.
Or may need to book.

Again. It was written based on nostalgic feeling and personal thoughts.
Sorry if certain parts had been inadvertently added out of context.

Cheers.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
1. Own eggs.
Never try but really not practiced for years.
Doubt ckt man agree.

2. Mrt.
Too crowded. In fact very very crowded.
Read : crowded by extra FTs.
Frequent breakdowns.

3. Coffee in milk can.
More enjoyable to drink.
Just a personal preference.
Pls dont get mixed up as my write up is a little rojak and out of context with your intended subject.

4. Wifi and internet.
Are we not spending too much unneccessary time on it instead of simply reading a good book.
Again, A personal blurt out, out of context.

5. Chili.
Yes. Can grow inside Hdb flat or corridor. But different if you growing many pots.
Corridor. Neighbours may complain.

6. Football.
You cannot simply play at any field. Limited space.
Or may need to book.

Again. It was written based on nostalgic feeling and personal thoughts.
Sorry if certain parts had been inadvertently added out of context.

Cheers.

I think I would say life is different compared to the past. But overall Singapore life is still pretty good. You agree?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
casual life in sg is convenient, choiceful, commutable, crime-free. for coffee, can choose among countless cafes and cafeterias concocting 69c to $6.9 cups. for coitus, can choose from a cornucopia of cheap cunts at $69, chinatown chicken at $169, college chicks at $369, or classy callgirls at $696. for caramaderie and companionship, can chitchat and confer with characters comparable to claire, cloudy, or ckmpd. convenience, choice, connectibility. cockstand.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
30yrs ago buy flats 50k~75k 20yrs later sold for 500~700k. Buy 2nd new flat 250~$300k now sell 700~800k made 1.million smelly smelly.....

Buy 250k old folks resale flat + cpf + medisave + kids monthly pocket money eat shit, and wait die ........... happily. ie even you and you wife have no savings at all your entire life of work.

How can majority of Sinkies be poor ?

There are many who gambles, drinks, go geylang, batam & punt a lot of 4D etc... never upgrade ofc now kpkb lah.... lol

PAP BANZI ~!

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
30yrs ago buy flats 50k~75k 20yrs later sold for 500~700k. Buy 2nd new flat 250~$300k now sell 700~800k made 1.million smelly smelly.....

Buy 250k old folks resale flat + cpf + medisave + kids monthly pocket money eat shit, and wait die ........... happily. ie even you and you wife have no savings at all your entire life of work.

How can majority of Sinkies be poor ?

There are many who gambles, drinks, go geylang, batam & punt a lot of 4D etc... never upgrade ofc now kpkb lah.... lol

PAP BANZI ~!

Life is good.

cc @ckmpd

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sex in singapore is only reserve for the young and loaded. Middle class not so much.
Work and job and career is non existence.

Climbing the corporate ladder has nothing to do with loyalty or performance unless you are in the sales and tech.

The only good thing is if you have thic cpf or at least $3k worth of monthly salary. You will absolutely guaranteed a roof over your head. Government will get you one if you are not sound picky.

Food is near and everywhere the world.
Sanitation and clean won't fall sick water is near and everywhere. Bus terminal, swimming pool, stadiums.

I don't have much luck with women or work but been pretty lucky getting pocket change with trading stocks after 14 years of losing money trading forex. Thanks to competition. Internet has been pretty affordable.

Honestly. You do need dual income stream and years of patience and tenacity to live a comfortable life in Singapore especially the roof. Multiple streams of income is now possible with youtu.be and trading and kindle and drop shipping and tiktok.

The youth are dying early because they got too protected when they are young and don't know how rough lives is when they have competition. Salary is also tough because if skillset is the same why would any company hire you unless you have high eq. I don't. But that does not stop me from getting a job. Thanks to the government subsidies. But I wonder how long would that last.

Thank you Singapore for leading a protective and cushion economy.

Last edited:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
N
Exactly. And this is why the average Sinkie is in some trouble. Not everybody has the skills nor interest to be in a service industry. Manufacturing provides a stepping stone up the ladder to further skills-based jobs. McDonald's, taxi driver, Grab delivery, etc.? Not so much.

Software industry too hard to develop when the environment is not conducive to creativity, and besides, software can be done anywhere. Hence the rise of Indian coding sweatshops.

Not just India. The middle east. Russia has some pretty good and nasty coders. I know because I hire them for coding expert advisor for mt4.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sex in singapore is only reserve for the young and loaded. Middle class not so much.

Climbing the corporate ladder has nothing to do with loyalty or performance unless you are in the sales and tech.

The only good thing is if you have thic cpf or at least $3k worth of monthly salary. You will absolutely guaranteed a roof over your head. Government will get you one if you are not sound picky.

Sanitation and clean won't fall sick water is near and everywhere. Bus terminal, swimming pool, stadiums.

I don't have much luck with women or work but been pretty lucky getting pocket change with trading stocks after 14 years of losing money trading forex. Thanks to competition. Internet has been pretty affordable.

Honestly. You do need dual income stream and years of patience and tenacity to live a comfortable life in Singapore especially the roof. Multiple streams of income is not possible with youtu.be and trading and kindle and drop shipping and tiktok.

The youth are dying early because they got too protected when they are young and don't know how rough lives is when they have competition. Salary is also tough because if skillset is the same why would any company hire you unless you have high eq. I don't. But that does not stop me from getting a job. Thanks to the government subsidies. But I wonder how long would that last.

Excellent! Thank you for sharing! You work hard and you do your best to give yourself a better life in Singapore. But Singapore certainly has the infrastructure and base to work from to achieve that ideal.

Very good. So life in Singapore is still quite good I would say. It might get even better if the PAP is voted out? You agree?

cc @ckmpd

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life is good.

cc @ckmpd

Life is still good.
Basically, how you yourself defines it.
Needs vs wants?
Can afford?

Eat at hawker ctr, food court or restaurant?
I balance them.
I will go any corner for delicious hawker food.
On my mother's birthday, we eat in restaurant.
Thrifty but spent based on occassion and affordbility.

I had made a tidy 6-figure profit from my resale of Hdb flat.
I had collected another 6-figure Cpf sum.
Before Covid, I travel a lot during super LWE.

Sgp is what it is.
Just adapt and be satisfied.

Where else can you return home at 3am after drinking and return home safely?
Clean water.
Electricity is always power on 24/7.

And Senior Citizens benefits.
Like Silver Support Scheme.
PAssion concession travel.
Subsidised CHAS medical fees.
etc.

Life goes on.
Cherish it.
Enjoy day by day.

Cheers.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal

But now, sigh....

Haha.... Cpf collected.

Technology disruption makes life easier but also more connected. Competition makes products cheaper but also salary competitive. Now brain is more expensive and if nobody can do your job. You can command better pay.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent! Thank you for sharing! You work hard and you do your best to give yourself a better life in Singapore. But Singapore certainly has the infrastructure and base to work from to achieve that ideal.

Very good. So life in Singapore is still quite good I would say. It might get even better if the PAP is voted out? You agree?

cc @ckmpd

Accountability. Opposition needs to be around so that they have someone to answer to. Unity. So far only pap has it. Opposition everyone wants to lead. Nobody wants to follow. That means nobody believes in the vision which is really bad.

Big picture. Very important.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bad things are
Ministers set their own minimum pay
Hopeless and CMI MPs who lost in election can re enter through GRC
Too much rules and regulations made it difficult to untie.
Cancer stricken and terminally ill patients are prohibited to use their own CPF
Abuse of parliament for personal feud
Using public money to help shareholders in public companies
Non transparent in our reserve and minister's wife remunerations
Deviating CPF from its original purpose with numerous limits and conditions
No head is fired or reprimanded when lapses in management and record irregularities
involving millions were found by AGO while a private company will be raided by CAD
All news reports are vetted and trashed if found unfavorable to PAP

Yah life is good if you are not bothered by all these. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, hawker food in Sg is the best in the world. But too crowded now. Can't get away from people. Late 1980s and early 1990s was peak Singapore for me, what I called home. Now? Too many Tiongs and CECAs. Our culture and values have been diluted too much. We've lost some of the color we had too, after the fucking speak Mandarin campaign began killing off dialects.

Now got northern Indian FTs who look down on our own Tamil Sinkies. Tiongs who confuse being Chinese with need to support CCP/motherland.
this response gets a super like from me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fk mandarin.

bump.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bad things are
Ministers set their own minimum pay
Hopeless and CMI MPs who lost in election can re enter through GRC
Too much rules and regulations made it difficult to untie.
Cancer stricken and terminally ill patients are prohibited to use their own CPF
Abuse of parliament for personal feud
Using public money to help shareholders in public companies
Non transparent in our reserve and minister's wife remunerations
Deviating CPF from its original purpose with numerous limits and conditions
No head is fired or reprimanded when lapses in management and record irregularities
involving millions were found by AGO while a private company will be raided by CAD
All news reports are vetted and trashed if found unfavorable to PAP

Yah life is good if you are not bothered by all these. One man's meat is another man's poison.

It's ok. No one can lead a clean life. When life is too predictable and certain. Vice will take over.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
this response gets a super like from me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fk mandarin.

bump.

wb.jpg

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly. You do need dual income stream and years of patience and tenacity to live a comfortable life in Singapore especially the roof. Multiple streams of income is now possible with youtu.be and trading and kindle and drop shipping and tiktok.

Much appreciated your post. Your views are honest and candid and you seem to have been jaded from going through life's experiences - something very refreshing to read from the majority of low level forumers here. :thumbsup: