• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is life in Singapore good for most Singaporeans?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
How do you know?
Population of Singapore is more than 3.04m. So the other 2m stay where? Cant be all stay private.

Sure to be stay in rhe 690,000 hdb flats owned by singaporeans

Anyway my point is it is not just handful of Singaporeans doing this. Not hundreds. Not even thousands but hundreds of thousands.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Population of Singapore is more than 3.04m. So the other 2m stay where? Cant be all stay private.

Sure to be stay in rhe 690,000 hdb flats owned by singaporeans

Anyway my point is it is not just handful of Singaporeans doing this. Not hundreds. Not even thousands but hundreds of thousands.

2m living in private housing?

2021.08.19  singapore population - Google Search.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
U want 3 meals at hawker, food court or restaurant?!
Hawker food the best lah. Especially those very famous one. Cheap and good.

Food court the food not so nice usually.

Restaurant not the local food. No point lah. Wasting money.

So hawker is best.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not get drifted. You were saying many in Singapore could make hundreds of thousands when they sell their HDB flats and I replied it's true if they live in the streets after selling off and you retorted with unsubstantiated figures hundreds of thousands rented out their HDB flats

Now where did you pluck the figure from?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's only two problems I have with sinkieland. One is that the weather is unbearable and the other is that running a sex site is illegal. Otherwise it's a fine country.
It illegal cuz u make money from it. U do it free like a philanthropist it should be leegal no? :unsure:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's only two problems I have with sinkieland. One is that the weather is unbearable and the other is that running a sex site is illegal. Otherwise it's a fine country.

I don't think is illegal. If you pay and declare and if better got gst. And pay medisave and contribute cpf.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hawker food the best lah. Especially those very famous one. Cheap and good.

Food court the food not so nice usually.

Restaurant not the local food. No point lah. Wasting money.

So hawker is best.

yes agreed the food was what kept me back in spore,

dont you appreciate the wide open spaces in canada?
had a friend migrated to vancouver 30 years back never want to come back, now 2 kids already

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
yes agreed the food was what kept me back in spore,

dont you appreciate the wide open spaces in canada?
had a friend migrated to vancouver 30 years back never want to come back, now 2 kids already

Yes wide open space is nice.

I wish I could spend more time in those spaces. But in the end need money lah. So life in the end is the same. Still working like mad.

Looking at the other people who migrate most of them are rich people. Already made their money. Come here to retire. Or have skills in trading stocks and investment so they dont have to deal with people. And much of their income is passive using a trading system or platform.

So I dont recommend people come here to try to make a life for themselves. It is incredibly hard. If you are retiring here good. Dont come here planning to work.

If need to work better to stay in Singapore.

Last edited:

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, hawker food in Sg is the best in the world. But too crowded now. Can't get away from people. Late 1980s and early 1990s was peak Singapore for me, what I called home. Now? Too many Tiongs and CECAs. Our culture and values have been diluted too much. We've lost some of the color we had too, after the fucking speak Mandarin campaign began killing off dialects.

Now got northern Indian FTs who look down on our own Tamil Sinkies. Tiongs who confuse being Chinese with need to support CCP/motherland.

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes wide open space is nice.

I wish I could spend more time in those spaces. But in the end need money lah. So life in the end is the same. Still working like mad.

Looking at the other people who migrate most of them are rich people. Already made their money. Come here to retire. Or have skills in trading stocks and investment so they dont have to deal with people. And much of their income is passive using a trading system or platform.

So I dont recommend people come here to try to make a life for themselves. It is incredibly hard. If you are retiring here good. Dont come here planning to work.

If need to work better to stay in Singapore.
Depends on the industry you are in really. Singapore is not the right place to be if you are in a higher tech or manufacturing oriented industry.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Depends on the industry you are in really. Singapore is not the right place to be if you are in a higher tech or manufacturing oriented industry.

Singapore? Finance. Law. Insurance financial advisor. Anything related to Banking - compliance, wealth management, trading, everything $$ related.

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore? Finance. Law. Insurance financial advisor. Anything related to Banking - compliance, wealth management, trading, everything $$ related.
Exactly. And this is why the average Sinkie is in some trouble. Not everybody has the skills nor interest to be in a service industry. Manufacturing provides a stepping stone up the ladder to further skills-based jobs. McDonald's, taxi driver, Grab delivery, etc.? Not so much.

Software industry too hard to develop when the environment is not conducive to creativity, and besides, software can be done anywhere. Hence the rise of Indian coding sweatshops.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Exactly. And this is why the average Sinkie is in some trouble. Not everybody has the skills nor interest to be in a service industry. Manufacturing provides a stepping stone up the ladder to further skills-based jobs. McDonald's, taxi driver, Grab delivery, etc.? Not so much.

Software industry too hard to develop when the environment is not conducive to creativity, and besides, software can be done anywhere. Hence the rise of Indian coding sweatshops.

Work hard to get into bank.

Actually work for bank as anything will still get a higher pay package than elsewhere.

Go where the money is.

I am waiting for time to pass. If my wife dies before me and my kids have all grown up would be time for me to kill myself finally and rest. There is hope!