• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is life in Singapore good for most Singaporeans?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There is no simple answer to your query.
Life is good if you have benefited from the system and not bothered by the political policies.

They are few a few classes of citizens in Singapore.
The super rich, they love Singapore for only one reason … security.
They can fly to France to have the best cuisine and return the next day.
They have no worries about job, food, and education and are generally happy if they are not terminally ill and not losing a lot of money constantly.

The rich, most are for PAP but some are agitated by political policies. Lots of fence sitters. That's one reason why PAP are luring more super rich to come with ready made citizenship

The middle class and lower middle class are the majority who are grossly confused by the daily indoctrinations. Which day you don't see or read a minister telling you what is good or bad? But because of survival their decisions are determined by their financial status and fear.

The poor and the very poor are the easiest to brain-wash, a little handouts do wonders for the incumbent.

Last but not least, The CECAs are the happiest to have left their contaminated, filthy and unsecured country. They have since changed their GOD to PAP.

Life is good or bad in Singapore is very subjective except The CECAs, depending on what benefits and what affects you. They is no right or wrong. Suitability, affordability and satisfaction is the word.

To each his own.
How about you?

How do you find your life in Singapore?

Good right?

So far not a single person has said that their life in Singapore is bad.

None of you

@ckmpd see? None.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about you?

How do you find your life in Singapore?

Good right?

So far not a single person has said that their life in Singapore is bad.

None of you

@ckmpd see? None.
Life is fucked with constant arrival of CECAs and as long as PAP is in charge it fucks even deeper!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Back during delphi days in 2003 2004 I remember many complain about poor work life balance.

Long hours. Competing with foreigners. Low pay.

Dont hear these things anymore

Correct @Leongsam ?

I was shocked when my sister and her husband said that the Canadians work much harder than Singaporeans. Longer hours. Start work earlier. End later. Tough life here in Canada.

Better work life balance in Singapore.

I believe things have changed a lot in Singapore life is much much better now for Singaporeans than it was back in 2003.

In that sense you must tip your hat off to Singaporeans. They have made life better for themselves.

I foolishly chose to migrate thinkif life would be better only to end up working harder for less.

I am a failure.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Rent pigeon hole for 99 yrs also got to pay up front in full. Life is Sooo good here.
It is. You can sell it for profit! Usually several hundreds of thousands in profit. Possibly millions in the future.

It is better in Singapore. Trust me you DO NOT want to be where I am. Things are much tougher and worse in Canada.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Your title says

Idiot Loser / Piece of shit / Rubbish member​

:biggrin:
Correct.

But really sam. I see why you say PAP is good.

They have made life a lot better for Singaporeans.

Work life balance is much better now. Salaries have become rhe highest in rhe world without minimum wage.

Amazing stuff.

Hardly hear Singaporeans actually complain about life and bread and butter stuff

It is all this political stuff ideaology

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is. You can sell it for profit! Usually several hundreds of thousands in profit. Possibly millions in the future.

It is better in Singapore. Trust me you DO NOT want to be where I am. Things are much tougher and worse in Canada.

That's provided you sleep in the street after selling

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That's provided you sleep in the street after selling
Many Singaporeans will rent out their HDB flat and live in condo or landed. Cluster housing.

You can also rent.

With millions you can easily afford rental.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your fantasy.

You go check how much that costs. And you also need somewhere like a campgrounds.

The water and power come from where?

And grey water and black water drain to where? If it is not a full service campsite then everyday or at most every 2 days you need to tow that thing to the sewage dump site to drain.

Most people if they live in that kind of RV will go for full service sites.

https://www.gcbd.ca/rv-lots-for-lease/

This is an example of a full service site.

Need money lah.

And these RV units are not cheap.

Can explore the idea of foldable homes? Only USD 50,000 +++

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think hundreds of thousands.
Where you plucked the figures from? A total of 3.04 million Singapore residents - or close to eight in 10 Singapore residents - lived in HDB flats in 2018, as compared to 3.06 million in 2013.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Where you plucked the figures from? A total of 3.04 million Singapore residents - or close to eight in 10 Singapore residents - lived in HDB flats in 2018, as compared to 3.06 million in 2013.
So 2 in 10?

Thats 20%.

20×3,040,000/100= 608,000

So i am about right.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don't guess, read this

Singapore resident population in HDB flats falls to 3.04m, with smaller households spread over more flats​

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-falls-to-304m-with-smaller-households-spread
Yes I read it. Confirms what I said. More and more living in condo. Likely they rent their flat to foreigner

One reason for this trend is that the size of household units living in HDB flats is shrinking, with an average of 3.1 people per household in 2018, down from 3.4 in 2013 and 2008.

This could also be due to more residents upgrading to private property, said Ms Christine Sun, OrangeTee & Tie's senior vice-president of research and analytics. She noted that there had been a substantial number of mass market private home and executive condominium launches between 2013 and 2018.