• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is life in Singapore good for most Singaporeans?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What do you guys say?

Is life good in SG?

Day to day stuff

Job. Food. Living. Safety. Education. Health care?

I say generally pretty good. Politically things are not perfect lah. But aside from those things ok right?

There is looking threat of CECA but so far who here actually got displaced by CECA? I think none right?

Come in and share if you feel life in SG is not so good (and dont count because cannot travel now due to covid lah that one dont count haha

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Fact. COE for motorcycles in SG is $9500! Thats a sign overall even the lower SES in SG is doing better and can afford higher COE prices. Awesome!

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you guys say?

Is life good in SG?

Day to day stuff

I say generally pretty good. Politically things are not perfect lah. But aside from those things ok right?

There is looking threat of CECA but so far who here actually got displaced by CECA? I think none right?

Come in and share if you feel life in SG is not so good (and dont count because cannot travel now due to covid lah that one dont count haha

the grass is always greener on the other side,
depends on what kind of character you are, if you are loner like me you will try to migrate, if you cant live a day without talking to someone, spore is for u
anyway we all die some day, what matters is how painful or painless your death

have a good laugh everyday, and also laugh at yourself, life would be easier

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fact. COE for motorcycles in SG is $9500! Thats a sign overall even the lower SES in SG is doing better and can afford higher COE prices. Awesome!

COEs market in spore is a cartel, how can free market prices be so stable? the distributors of bikes and cars take the cue to bid in the price range set by LTA
i am biker and driver, fyi bikers that need bikes to make a living are cursing and swearing at LTA as we speak

in spore you must have money to live, in canada you can live off the land and off the grid

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal

CECA is the best thing PAP has negotiated for Sinkies.. Because of CECA , Sinkies are able to rent their properties again and Spore companies are able to generate growth and revenue again.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
the grass is always greener on the other side,
depends on what kind of character you are, if you are loner like me you will try to migrate, if you cant live a day without talking to someone, spore is for u
anyway we all die some day, what matters is how painful or painless your death

have a good laugh everyday, and also laugh at yourself, life would be easier

Oh i talk to a lot of people. It is called work.

I always laugh and myself till it is like crying.

I just watched Joker. Can identify with Arthur Fleck. Especially laughing till cry.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20210818_211645.jpg

Vacuum and mop.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
COEs market in spore is a cartel, how can free market prices be so stable? the distributors of bikes and cars take the cue to bid in the price range set by LTA
i am biker and driver, fyi bikers that need bikes to make a living are cursing and swearing at LTA as we speak

in spore you must have money to live, in canada you can live off the land and off the grid
Need money to live in Canada also lah.

You can ask those homeless people in downtown at the drop in centre and sleeping along the bow river.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There's only two problems I have with sinkieland. One is that the weather is unbearable and the other is that running a sex site is illegal. Otherwise it's a fine country.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need money to live in Canada also lah.

You can ask those homeless people in downtown at the drop in centre and sleeping along the bow river.

of course you need money everywhere, but here in spore everywhere you turn is about money
in canada you can buy a tiny house place it in the woods and go fishing

1629343389578.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
of course you need money everywhere, but here in spore everywhere you turn is about money
in canada you can buy a tiny house place it in the woods and go fishing

View attachment 120743
Your fantasy.

You go check how much that costs. And you also need somewhere like a campgrounds.

The water and power come from where?

And grey water and black water drain to where? If it is not a full service campsite then everyday or at most every 2 days you need to tow that thing to the sewage dump site to drain.

Most people if they live in that kind of RV will go for full service sites.

https://www.gcbd.ca/rv-lots-for-lease/

This is an example of a full service site.

Need money lah.

And these RV units are not cheap.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your fantasy.

You go check how much that costs. And you also need somewhere like a campgrounds.

The water and power come from where?

And grey water and black water drain to where? If it is not a full service campsite then everyday or at most every 2 days you need to tow that thing to the sewage dump site to drain.

Most people if they live in that kind of RV will go for full service sites.

https://www.gcbd.ca/rv-lots-for-lease/

This is an example of a full service site.

Need money lah.

And these RV units are not cheap.

i will probably do it in a cheap tropical country like thailand or vietnam where it is cheap, get a glock22 and maybe machine gun to protect meself, cant take the cold.... you sound like you miss spore.....

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i will probably do it in a cheap tropical country like thailand or vietnam where it is cheap, get a glock22 and maybe machine gun to protect meself, cant take the cold
Yeah Thailand probably better. But remember to get full service site. The grey and black water tanks on these RVs are not that big. In fact usually smaller than your fresh water tank. So be careful. Wait use too much water then the dump tanks full overflow can be messy.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
A big part of why my sisters and my parents moved back to Singapore is because I am not rich enough. I could not support all the families on my own. Hence it is why I consider myself a complete failure and loser.

Singapore in the end is the best. Study hard. Become a lawyer or banker. Get 5 figure jobs easily.

Those do well earn 6 figure or even 7 figure jobs. With bonus.

Dont do medicine.

Envy you guys in Singapore.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i will probably do it in a cheap tropical country like thailand or vietnam where it is cheap, get a glock22 and maybe machine gun to protect meself, cant take the cold.... you sound like you miss spore.....
Yeah Thailand probably better. But remember to get full service site. The grey and black water tanks on these RVs are not that big. In fact usually smaller than your fresh water tank. So be careful. Wait use too much water then the dump tanks full overflow can be messy.
Just buy an island in Indonesia, problem solved! :biggrin:

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you guys say?

Is life good in SG?

Day to day stuff

There is no simple answer to your query.
Life is good if you have benefited from the system and not bothered by the political policies.

They are few a few classes of citizens in Singapore.
The super rich, they love Singapore for only one reason … security.
They can fly to France to have the best cuisine and return the next day.
They have no worries about job, food, and education and are generally happy if they are not terminally ill and not losing a lot of money constantly.

The rich, most are for PAP but some are agitated by political policies. Lots of fence sitters. That's one reason why PAP are luring more super rich to come with ready made citizenship

The middle class and lower middle class are the majority who are grossly confused by the daily indoctrinations. Which day you don't see or read a minister telling you what is good or bad? But because of survival their decisions are determined by their financial status and fear.

The poor and the very poor are the easiest to brain-wash, a little handouts do wonders for the incumbent.

Last but not least, The CECAs are the happiest to have left their contaminated, filthy and unsecured country. They have since changed their GOD to PAP.

Life is good or bad in Singapore is very subjective except The CECAs, depending on what benefits and what affects you. They is no right or wrong. Suitability, affordability and satisfaction is the word.

To each his own.