• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Ipoh worth a visit?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit yay but a bit nay as well.

Ipoh is much like any of the smaller Malaysian towns. Pleasant enough but a bit downmarket as in eat at coffee shops and restaurants in shophouse rows. Ipoh happens to be just the top of the heap of those Malaysian towns. Got some interesting fruits grown there and a bit of interesting food (hor fun) but that's it, unless you can be bothered to try and wander into the wilderness which may make it a bit more interesting.

But don't get lost. Can't really help. Last time I was there was 10-20 years ago...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
a bit yay but a bit nay as well.

Ipoh is much like any of the smaller Malaysian towns. Pleasant enough but a bit downmarket as in eat at coffee shops and restaurants in shophouse rows. Ipoh happens to be just the top of the heap of those Malaysian towns. Got some interesting fruits grown there and a bit of interesting food (hor fun) but that's it, unless you can be bothered to try and wander into the wilderness which may make it a bit more interesting.

But don't get lost. Can't really help. Last time I was there was 10-20 years ago...
Thanks bro... I have never been there before... so thought of dropping by and see if there's anything nice other than rubbish temples etc...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
1. What's there to do there? Any must eat place to go to?

2. Any recommendations onnwhere to stay?

3. What's the best way to get there from kuala lumpur? Any private car recommendation?

Thanks in advance for your advice...

I go to Ipoh every year. I love it. It reminds me of what singapore was 30 years ago. The food is good and cheap. And the whole town is cantonese. For some reason, Ipoh chinese girls seem to me to be the most beautiful girls in Malaysia. Your kopitiam girl is much better looking then your sinkie office girl. The Cowan Street Ayam towkay and kway teow is awesome. The tow kay is the short tail version, unique to Ipoh. And the kway teow in the soup is great. The chicken is the skinny free range type. Also, Ipoh is the home of the original white coffee. Try that with the kaya toast.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I go to Ipoh every year. I love it. It reminds me of what singapore was 30 years ago. The food is good and cheap. And the whole town is cantonese. For some reason, Ipoh chinese girls seem to me to be the most beautiful girls in Malaysia. Your kopitiam girl is much better looking then your sinkie office girl. The Cowan Street Ayam towkay and kway teow is awesome. The tow kay is the short tail version, unique to Ipoh. And the kway teow in the soup is great. The chicken is the skinny free range type. Also, Ipoh is the home of the original white coffee. Try that with the kaya toast.
That sounds tempting...ummmm....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That sounds tempting...ummmm....
Yeah, their chicken/towkay/kway teow is the Ipoh signature dish. Some places like Lou Wong also serve it with a stuffed meatballs in soup. Very delicious. All are kopi tiam. no aircon. U can take the coach from KL to Ipoh. Its very cheap. I have relatives in KL, so I drive to Ipoh with them. I couldn't tell u where to stay, because we stop in Ipoh on the way to Penang and have lunch there.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Thank you very much... Inwas just looking at private car transfer from KL to Ipoh. About $170 bucks

https://m.kkday.com/en/product/5777

Yeah, their chicken/towkay/kway teow is the Ipoh signature dish. Some places like Lou Wong also serve it with a stuffed meatballs in soup. Very delicious. All are kopi tiam. no aircon. U can take the coach from KL to Ipoh. Its very cheap. I have relatives in KL, so I drive to Ipoh with them. I couldn't tell u where to stay, because we stop in Ipoh on the way to Penang and have lunch there.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from kl 2 ipoh, take ktm train ets servis ... from kl sentral, can reach ipoh in slightly over 2 hrs ... ~$36 4 normal servis from kl sentral ... u can try iz premium servis, not sure available oredi anot ...

dun take coach ... dey haf relocated ze bus station 2 a remote place very far away from town centre ...

if u wan sum simple ipoh local hawker fare, go2 天津茶室 @ o town ... or in new town try 樂會居茶室 ... can try ipoh white coffee @ their own kopitiam @ 新源隆茶餐室 ...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
from kl 2 ipoh, take ktm train ets servis ... from kl sentral, can reach ipoh in slightly over 2 hrs ... ~$36 4 normal servis from kl sentral ... u can try iz premium servis, not sure available oredi anot ...

dun take coach ... dey haf relocated ze bus station 2 a remote place very far away from town centre ...

if u wan sum simple ipoh local hawker fare, go2 天津茶室 @ o town ... or in new town try 樂會居茶室 ... can try ipoh white coffee @ their own kopitiam @ 新源隆茶餐室 ...
Wahsay, so many people here so well versed with Ipoh ... Thank you thank-you... :smile:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
kam poh ... he meant kampar ... 金寶 ...
When I first read that, I thought it was Kim Poh dishwashing liquid that sells in big tubs :biggrin:

57738_LL1.jpg

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. What's there to do there? Any must eat place to go to?

2. Any recommendations onnwhere to stay?

3. What's the best way to get there from kuala lumpur? Any private car recommendation?

Thanks in advance for your advice...
IF u have the time and money,it's always good to go for overseas vacation ,away from stressful sinkeeland.
U can consider going for 4D 3N Ipoh & Pork Dickson Malaysian Package Tour. (Friday Departures). Tour & Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
For further information , contact WTS TRAVEL Booking Hotline : 6466 8558.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IF u have the time and money,it's always good to go for overseas vacation ,away from stressful sinkeeland.
U can consider going for 4D 3N Ipoh & Pork Dickson Malaysian Package Tour. (Friday Departures). Tour & Sightseeing as per Itinerary.
For further information , contact WTS TRAVEL Booking Hotline : 6466 8558.

Went on a Melaka tour with WTS. Free and easy, you can choose your hotel. Board the bus at JCube. At the end just wait at the hotel lobby for the bus to pick you up.

The bus went through Muar and Merlimau and passed by some plantations and farmlands, not sure if it was a shortcut or they wanted to avoid paying the highway toll. But it was a nice experience.