• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is forbidding husband and wife working in the same company legal ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm told McDonald's does not allow husband and wife to work in the same company. It sounds strange to me, and I wonder if there is indeed such a policy in Singapore, if so, whether it's legal.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some companies don't allow husband n wife to work in the same company. N funny is alot of couples meet at work. N when married one had to resign. N worse thing is the biggest bs does not apply to pinky n husband. Pinky is pm. Husband is CEO n old fart was chairman of GIC. One big happy family. One rule for familee another for the locals. But of course 70% happy with it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the immediate dept or section has a hierarchy and not family owned virtually all companies with a board do not allow it. They will transfer to other Depts within the company.

Other colleagues. I am sure for McDonalds it means the same branch and not the company.

Avoids unnecessary pain.

AntonKiasi

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN not as if they will be having sex in the office, they can always do that at home. When the wife not there to watch the husband, he also can have extra martial affairs especially when wife is not in the same company.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN not as if they will be having sex in the office, they can always do that at home. When the wife not there to watch the husband, he also can have extra martial affairs especially when wife is not in the same company.

You must be lonely bachelor. Married couples not mean always happy. And they bring the resentment into company. That is not good.

Worse is husband promote wife or wife help husband get promote that sort of thing. That is why our PM Lee smart, wife no allowed join PAP now a successful fund manager managing billions.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should make it compulsory! Why the hell would a man want to go to office in the morning to see his fat old ugly wife face after seeing the same fat old ugly face the last night.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's absolutely fine because like this they can ownself check ownself like PAP and Temasek and GIC la because have sio-kan-chin

AntonKiasi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be lonely bachelor. Married couples not mean always happy. And they bring the resentment into company. That is not good.

Worse is husband promote wife or wife help husband get promote that sort of thing. That is why our PM Lee smart, wife no allowed join PAP now a successful fund manager managing billions.
KNN no wonder I only master bed room everyday

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Macdonalds are worried the couple will have Macdonald Kids

They are afraid that, he dipped his Mcnugget into her curry sauce...ha ha ha

Married couples are not allowed in the same department, section, or even division when they have one. If a there is a confirm couple working in the same location, management will quietly ship either one out to another location.

Guerriero

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is not a problem. But the Husband will feel ‘uneasy’ as he will be ‘watched’ all the time if the Wife also worked in the same company.