• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iphone 4s coming in oct, will you buy one? [was "Iphone 5 coming in Sept"....}

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Iphone 5 is coming in sept, will you buy one?

My wife will get hers and pass me her old iPhone. I am still using my trusty Nokia.:o

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My Iphone 4 barely 6 months old... Don't think will be buying Iphone 5 in Sept.... Maybe at the end of the year perhaps..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rumors have been increasing since July, previous it was thought that iphone 5 will look exactly like iphone 4. But rumors from china have point to a new design, this maybe due to problem with iphone 4, antenna gate, fragile glass back and problem painting white panel without light leaking. Apple may have decided to change the design.

Mock up

iphone5-2.jpg

iphone5-11.jpg

iphone5-4.jpg

iphone5-3.jpg

It is thicker at the top and thinner at the bottom. It is slight wider and a bit longer. It has tapered edges like ipod touch.
The screen size is increase from 3.5 inchs to 4 inchs. The glass backing is change to aluminum backing, like original iphone.
It is also slightly thinner.

The spec of iphone 5 should be similar to iphone 4, except the A5 instead of A4 processors. No 4G network.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

iphone_4_iphone_5_case_comparison.jpg

Covers of iphone 5 already available in china.

5989311666_61344c0905.jpg

green_silicone_iphone_5_case_1-500x375.jpg

Earlier this week, a purported case design for the iPhone 5 surfaced showing tapered edges more reminiscent of pre-iPhone 4 designs along with a possible larger screen and gesture area around the home button.

That schematic is not merely a random design drawing, however, as 9 to 5 Mac has received photos of an actual case apparently manufactured based on that design, which has reportedly been shopped around to manufacturers. The new case does appear to portend a thinner design if it is indeed for the iPhone 5, but is unable to address claims of a larger screen or gesture area due a lack of covering on the front of the device. Placement of the physical features on the purported iPhone 5 appears nearly identical to the current iPhone, with the exception of what appears to a movement of the mute switch to the opposite side. This places the switch adjacent to the device's rear camera on the right side of the device as viewed from the front, as opposed to above the volume buttons on the left side.

Accommodations for the power and volume buttons are indeed present on the purported iPhone 5 case, although difficult to see in the photos as the case utilizes only small nubs of silicone covering the buttons rather than holes allowing direct access to them. Notably, the volume controls appear more like the elongated buttons found on the current iPod touch than the round individual buttons of the iPhone 4, a change which would make sense with an iPod touch-like tapered design for the new iPhone.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rumors have been increasing since July, previous it was thought that iphone 5 will look exactly like iphone 4. But rumors from china have point to a new design, this maybe due to problem with iphone 4, antenna gate, fragile glass back and problem painting white panel without light leaking. Apple may have decided to change the design.

Mock up

iphone5-2.jpg

iphone5-11.jpg

iphone5-4.jpg

iphone5-3.jpg

It is thicker at the top and thinner at the bottom. It is slight wider and a bit longer. It has tapered edges like ipod touch.
The screen size is increase from 3.5 inchs to 4 inchs. The glass backing is change to aluminum backing, like original iphone.
It is also slightly thinner.

wow...4 inchs screen ...then i might consider it ...im a sucker for huge screen .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I didn't waste money on the 1, 2, 3 or 4 and I'm not going to waste any on 5, 6, 7, 8 either.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I didn't waste money on the 1, 2, 3 or 4 and I'm not going to waste any on 5, 6, 7, 8 either.

Oh come on, you are missing on what a iphone can do for you. It is a beautiful phone, it is simple to use, one unit replace, ipod, computer, phone, pda, gaming unit and video/camera for some.

I like it because it is elegant and beautiful. But i have a nokia too for ovi maps. For gps location without internet connection.

when the cost of roaming internet falls, it will be a useful tool for travelling.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Oh come on, you are missing on what a iphone can do for you. It is a beautiful phone, it is simple to use, one unit replace, ipod, computer, phone, pda, gaming unit and video/camera for some.

All in one gadgets don't do anything well. I prefer to use a proper phone, a proper camera and a proper computer.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All in one gadgets don't do anything well. I prefer to use a proper phone, a proper camera and a proper computer.

ah i know nokia, nikon and macbook pro 15, is your tool.

I heard nikon is coming out with new camera soon.

i tell you what is biggest reason why singaporean buy iphone, because your colleagues and neighbor have one. Therefore you have to get one too.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

ah i know nokia, nikon and macbook pro 15, is your tool.

My phone is a Motorola. One charge lasts at least 5 days. I can go for a weekend away and not have to bring a phone charger along.

I'm about to buy a Macbook Air 11" for the convenience. It has a proper keyboard which I can use to touch type. IPads don't even come close.

I take pictures with a Nikon D3. 12 Megapixels is the perfect balance between resolution and noise.

I have everything I need.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm still using my Nokia 8800 you insensitive clod! :P

8800_support.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My phone is a Motorola. One charge lasts at least 5 days. I can go for a weekend away and not have to bring a phone charger along.

Sam, iphone 4 can also last 5 days without a charge, provide you do not use wifi, 3G, do not watch video, do not listen to songs, and do not play games, and do not run application, yeah it can work for 5 days too, if you do all those i mention, then you have to charge everyday.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sam, iphone 4 can also last 5 days without a charge, provide you do not use wifi, 3G, do not watch video, do not listen to songs, and do not play games, and do not run application, yeah it can work for 5 days too, if you do all those i mention, then you have to charge everyday.

I have a question, if he doesn't do all that what's the point of having an Iphone, might as well just get a regular phone. Cheaper, battery last longer and more robust

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bah, this ah beng phone been with me close to 5 years already. Still working fine. If I would to change, I'll get an android. Unfortunately, the apps for Androids are still sub-par compared with Itunes.

For you, it is time to step onto the 21 century. Get the iphone 5.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'm about to buy a Macbook Air 11" for the convenience. It has a proper keyboard which I can use to touch type. IPads don't even come close.

I take pictures with a Nikon D3. 12 Megapixels is the perfect balance between resolution and noise.

I have everything I need.

motorola will be using window os soon.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I thought it was Nokia that has hopped into bed with Microsoft.

yes..nokia already in bed..motorola joining soon. It seem for motorola,androids market not so good compare to IOS and window