• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iphone 4s coming in oct, will you buy one? [was "Iphone 5 coming in Sept"....}

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Iphone 5 is coming in sept, will you buy one?

Hey mod, how could you edit my post to add on another opinion ?
If mod likes to reply a post, then would surely appreciate rightfully reply to the post separately maaa... it's confusing re-reading my own post and wondering how on earth I was mentioning about voice command :confused:
Anyways thanks for the additional pointers on the next ip.

I dont do voice command on ip4; kinda hates it; in case it is over-sensitive or "suka suka" recognise some other similar sounds. Also, I rarely use flash when using a camera, I prefer natural lighting. Flash distort colors.

Wonder what would the hdd size be like for newer ip, they should have bigger capacity I reckon.

If iphone5 isnt much different from its last version, then NO.

i heard the voice command will be improved on iphone 5. The camera is better, more led flash.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey mod, how could you edit my post to add on another opinion ?
If mod likes to reply a post, then would surely appreciate rightfully reply to the post separately maaa... it's confusing re-reading my own post and wondering how on earth I was mentioning about voice command :confused:
Anyways thanks for the additional pointers on the next ip.

I dont do voice command on ip4; kinda hates it; in case it is over-sensitive or "suka suka" recognise some other similar sounds. Also, I rarely use flash when using a camera, I prefer natural lighting. Flash distort colors.

Wonder what would the hdd size be like for newer ip, they should have bigger capacity I reckon.

ah mistake , i was trying to press the reply with quote, but end up pressing the wrong button, edit posts, i will correct that.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Also, I rarely use flash when using a camera, I prefer natural lighting. Flash distort colors.

Flash does not "distort" colours. Each light source has its own colour temperature. You need to set the white balance on your camera to match. There's a setting for sunny, cloudy, shade, flash, fluorescent etc. You can also set up your own custom white balance by first taking an image of a neutral grey surface in the vicinity of your shoot.

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup, I do call on flash when the focal subject is probably in total darkness or not clear at all, as you said it; cloudy shady etc.
I always do "force flash off" on its settings :wink:.

I used to love Nikon when starting out on digital photography in 2004, then I turned to Panasonic Lumix FX520.
Mind all, what I have are not big bulky stuffs. I still go for the smaller, point-and-shoot easy camera, dont like to lug on heavy things or addon lens around, although my next aim is to get the Olympus PEN (still undecided on which model though).

Seriously, some photo-related apps on iphone are very cool, one of them is a must - instagram.

And the video-capabilities of ip4 is way much better than ip3GS surprisingly. It can take in great sounds during concerts :rolleyes:.

Flash does not "distort" colours. Each light source has its own colour temperature. You need to set the white balance on your camera to match. There's a setting for sunny, cloudy, shade, flash, fluorescent etc. You can also set up your own custom white balance by first taking an image of a neutral grey surface in the vicinity of your shoot.

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal

For that you may leave it or whatever, just be more careful since you were a "controversial" mod... hahaha :biggrin:

ah mistake , i was trying to press the reply with quote, but end up pressing the wrong button, edit posts, i will correct that.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now the rumors of iphone 5 change back to no design change from iphone 4

which is more plausible than rational design change.

Right on the heels of our "iPhone 4S" antenna photos, comes even more pieces to the puzzle. This image from MacPost.net offers the first look at the back cover of an upcoming iPhone. This prototype part is labeled "EVT" (Engineering Verification Test) and dated June 7, 2011.

iPhone-5G-Back-Cover-White-500x428.jpg

What's most revealing about this part is that it is actually labeled with the internal model number "N94". N94 is the model number for what we believe to be a next-generation iPhone. N94 first appeared in SDK code back in iOS 4.3. At the time, the N94 was identified as supporting an A5 processor -- that's the same processor found in the iPad 2.

Meanwhile, the AT&T iPhone 4 carries the model designation N90 while the Verizon iPhone 4 is called the N92. Both current iPhone 4 models use the slower A4 processor.

We also heard about the N94 in April when BGR claimed that it had a photo of a prototype N94 that supported T-Mobile's 3G service. They showed photos of the device at the time. What's interesting to note now is that as best as we can tell, that prototype iPhone had a visible antenna break at the bottom left, and no antenna break in the top left -- just like the iPhone 4, but also just like the leaked antenna parts we posted yesterday. (Unfortunately, the other side of the device is not visible in any of the shots.)

So, here's what we think we know about the N94, based on the circulating rumors

• It looks like an iPhone 4
• Has a redesigned antenna
• Supports T-Mobile
• A5 Processor

So is the N94 the actual iPhone 5? Possibly. MacPost also published photos of associated parts which include items we've seen before. These have been labeled as "iPhone 5" parts in the past, but now seem to be associated with this particular case design. That means all the part leaks we've seen so far are for this iPhone 4-like design. If so, Reuters may have been right in saying that the iPhone 5 will look "largely similar to the iPhone 4". Could this be the cheaper iPhone 4 variant? Also possible, but that would mean Apple would be supplying A5 processors in their "cheap" version as well.

What of the tapered iPhone 5 designs that we've seen circulating? Those were sourced from a ThisIsMyNext article and subsequent case design leak and actual cases for sale. As we've said before, Chinese case manufacturers have a big financial incentive to get case designs ahead of Apple's launch, but they've been wrong before. As far as we can tell, we've not seen any actual part leaks from that rumored thinner/tapered design.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: now the rumors of iphone 5 change back to no design change from iphone 4

The iPhone 5 is expected to be a "world-mode" phone capable of running on both GSM and CDMA networks. The presence of a SIM-card slot on the new logic board does indeed confirm GSM compatibility for this device, whether it be an iPhone 5 or 4S, and CDMA compatibility would come from the inclusion of a specific chip supporting the dual standards. Such a chip from Qualcomm is already used on the CDMA iPhone 4, but accommodation for a similar chip on this new logic board can not be confirmed given that the board is unlabeled.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some say iphone 5 will look like iphone 4 but with antenna changes

Apple has been rumored to be building a new, cheaper iPhone 4 ("iPhone 4S") alongside the iPhone 5, for an October launch. This iPhone 4S is believed to use different components and less storage to lower manufacturing costs. It appears Apple may have also taken this opportunity to make changes to the antenna design as well.

New "iPhone 4S" part images we've received from iPatchiPods suggest that the iPhone 4S will look much like the iPhone 4, but with some notable differences in the frame.

ip4s.jpg

The mid-frame images above show that this so-called iPhone 4S will have two antenna breaks at the bottom of the casing. This differs from both the AT&T (GSM) iPhone 4 and Verizon (CDMA) iPhone 4. In AT&T's iPhone, the antenna breaks are in two spots, along the lower left side and top left sides. On the Verizon's model they are both at the top sides of the casing.

The reason for the movement of the antenna breaks is to accommodate different frequencies of the different mobile technologies. This "iPhone 4S" appears to have a slot for a SIM card, suggesting that at a minimum it will support the GSM standard like the original AT&T iPhone 4. It is believed the iPhone 5 will support both GSM and CDMA, but we haven't heard anything definitive about the band support for this iPhone 4S.

The bottom portion of the frame is shown here. As noted by iFixIt's Scott Head, what's most interesting about this part as compared to the iPhone 4 part, is the lack of any defined "Home Button" area. The corresponding iPhone 4 part shows a cut-out area for the Home Button. It's hard to draw an conclusions from this, but there has been a lot of speculation that Apple could be changing the Home Button area on the iPhone 5.

There still may be some confusion in the parts supply chain about what pieces are intended for what devices, but iPatchiPods' source does believe that these mid-frames are intended for the cheaper revision of the iPhone 4.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: some say iphone 5 will look like iphone 4 but with antenna changes

So bro Singveld...is it coming 5th Sept? Have you received any further news?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

coming in sept means somewhere in sept, according to rumor, they are going to announce the phone in USA. Then somewhere around end of sept or start of oct, they are going to release for sale in USA , japan and first tier countries. Normally singapore fall in sec tier.

So singaporean can only get it end of oct or nov depending on demand in first tier countries.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

coming in sept means somewhere in sept, according to rumor, they are going to announce the phone in USA. Then somewhere around end of sept or start of oct, they are going to release for sale in USA , japan and first tier countries. Normally singapore fall in sec tier.

So singaporean can only get it end of oct or nov depending on demand in first tier countries.

Hmmm..this is not good news having to wait another month. I hope you are wrong and it will be available sooner.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is coming

The New York Times' Nick Bilton weighs in during the lead-up to the iPhone 5 introduction, unsurprisingly noting that an announcement is "just weeks away".
We’re just weeks away from the announcement of the new Apple iPhone 5, according to an Apple employee who asked not to be named because he was not allowed to speak publicly for the company.

The report goes on to reference the Case-Mate cases that briefly appeared today, sharing that the design is very similar to what has been described by anonymous Apple employees.
From descriptions I’ve heard of the new iPhone from Apple employees, the images seemed potentially authentic.

There has been considerable debate for months now about whether the iPhone 5 will represent a truly updated form factor, an iPhone 4-like refresh focusing on internal upgrades, or perhaps both.

Bilton echoes a number of previous claims that the next-generation iPhone will receive an upgraded 8-megapixel camera, up from 5 megapixels in the iPhone 4. Also mentioned is the possibility of near-field communication (NFC) technology for payments, a topic Bilton addressed earlier this year, but it is apparently still unclear whether NFC will arrive in the iPhone 5 or iPhone 6. More recent claims have suggested that the iPhone 5 will not offer NFC capabilities.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncool microsoft fail miserably

Ballmer Admits Windows Phone 7 Sales Are Disappointing

Two major players are increasingly dominating the smartphone OS market: Apple with its iOS-based iPhones and Google’s army of Android devices. Microsoft wants a piece of the smartphone pie as well with Windows Phone 7 (WP7), but so far its efforts have fallen way short.

According to AllThingsD, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has stated at the Microsoft financial analyst meeting that, "We haven’t sold quite as many as I would have liked in the first year." Ballmer did insist that the company is working hard to make the WP7 platform more appealing – the upcoming “Mango” release will help quite a bit on this front.

Two of the things that Ballmer cited as important to making WP7 more appealing are new browsing improvements and DirectX graphics. Ballmer explained, "I’m not saying I love where we are but I am very optimistic on where we can be. We’ve just got to kick this thing to the next level."

Ballmer also claims that Microsoft has created a "very strong third ecosystem" as an alternative to Android and iOS. Ballmer claims that one of the most important things that WP7 has going for it right now is the partnership with Nokia. Nokia is expected to roll out a strong lineup of WP7 Mango handsets by the end of the year. AT&T recently unveiled its new line of WP7 smartphones as well.

Ballmer added, "With Nokia we have a dedicated hardware partner that is all-in on Windows Phones. They are not doing something on Android or [any other operating system]."

However, there are still doubts as to whether the deal with Nokia will bring Microsoft back from the poor showing in the smartphone realm. Nokia itself isn't doing well in the smartphone market so the tie up pairs two companies that are struggling to make it in a competitive marketplace.

Microsoft recently signed licensing deals with both Viewsonic and Acer to pay royalties for Android patent infringements. In fact, it’s been reported that Microsoft is raking in more cash from Android than it is from the sale of Windows Phone 7 licenses.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apple store in hong kong, more in china, apple snub singapore big time

As if a grand opening for Apple's first Hong Kong store this Saturday wasn't enough, the company has also announced that it will be opening its massive new Nanjing East store in Shanghai on Friday.

We noted last week that Apple had added its "curtain opening" promotional signage to the barrier surrounding store, suggesting that a launch was imminent.

First revealed back in February, the store will be Apple's third in Shanghai and fifth overall in China, and will be the largest Apple retail store in the country. The Nanjing East store will span five levels: a ground floor dedicated to sales, a second floor dedicated to support and training, and three additional floors devoted to business customers and office space for Apple's Chinese operations.

Shanghai is already home to one iconic Apple store, the Pudong store with its cylindrical glass entrance leading to a below-ground store underneath a central plaza at the city's International Finance Center. Apple has cited the entry's glass panels as the largest such curved glass panels in the world and the result of key technological advancements that the company is using in other projects such as the revamp of its Fifth Avenue cube in Manhattan and its planned second corporate campus in Cupertino, California.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: apple store in hong kong, more in china, apple snub singapore big time

i was hoping sammysung will win the lawsuit and stop the sale of iphone 5 for the lolz.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: apple store in hong kong, more in china, apple snub singapore big time

actually apple winning a lot of lawsuit around the world to ban samsung products.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple to unveil new iPhone on Oct. 4

By David Goldman @CNNMoneyTech September 27, 2011: 12:38 PM ET
apple-iphone5.gi.top.jpg

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Apple confirmed Tuesday that it will hold a press event on Oct. 4 at its Cupertino, Calif., headquarters. Expected to be the star attraction: The long-awaited iPhone 5.
It's been 15 months since Apple's iPhone 4 went on sale, making this lag between new models the longest since the iPhone debuted in 2007.
As always, the next-generation iPhone has been the subject of intense speculation. Almost daily, blogs and news agencies offer up new tidbits based on supposed leaks from hardware component makers or iPhone case designers to glean any information about what the next device could look like.
The dominant rumors for the next iPhone involve an 8-megapixel camera, longer battery life, a faster processor and availability on the Sprint (S, Fortune 500) network. Others have claimed that the device will have a larger screen, a curved display, no home button, support for 4G networks, and more memory.
In the past, about half the pre-launch rumors have turned out to be correct.
Apple has typically unveiled its new iPhone at its Worldwide Developers Conference in June, but this year, Steve Jobs reserved that time to preview the company's new software, including the iPad and iPhone's iOS operating system, the new Mac OS X Lion operating system, and iCloud.
In the fall, Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) has traditionally updated its iPod lineup. Many analysts believe that the company will at the very least update its iPod Touch product this year, perhaps even selling a version with a 3G data connection.
Despite the delays in launching a new version, demand for the iPhone 4 has remained insatiable. Apple sold a record 20 million of the devices in the second quarter, and early analysis points to another record quarter over the past three months. A recent RBC Capital survey suggested iPhone 5 sales would likely top those of the record-setting iPhone 4.
Apple's Oct. 4 event will likely be hosted by new CEO Tim Cook.
Will there be a cameo from Steve Jobs, now Apple's chairman? Don't rule it out: Jobs has surprised audiences before, making two public appearances this year at Apple events during his medical leave of absence.
First Published: September 27, 2011: 11:09 AM ET

Link: http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/26/technology/iphone_5_announcement/index.htm?iid=SF_T_Lead