• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iPhone 11 - September 10 2019 Launch

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Good...guess u r a tight ass after all

Not really I splurge on items which I consider important.

For example I just bought a $20,000 camera which has brought me great joy.

Phones are just communication devices to me and battery life is the most important entity in my books. That baby Nokia can last 5 days on a single charge.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple iPhones could have been hacked for years — here's what to do about it - Analysis & Opinion
Apple iPhones could have been hacked for years — here's what to do about it
Analysis The Conversation By Leslie Sikos and Paul Haskell-Dowland
Updated about an hour ago
Apple iPhone
PHOTO It's time to check whether you've upgraded to the most recent version of the iOS software. PIXABAY
For many years, the Apple iPhone has been considered one of the most secure smartphones available.

But despite this reputation, security issues that might affect millions of users came to light last week, when researchers at Google revealed they had discovered websites that can infect iPhones, iPads, and iPods with dangerous software.

Simply visiting one of these websites is enough to infect your device with malicious software, allowing a high level of access to the device. Worryingly, it seems these vulnerabilities have been "in the wild" (that is, actively used by cyber-criminals) for about two years.

As there is no visible sign of infection on the device, it is likely users are completely unaware of the risks they're facing.

The vulnerabilities being exploited are present on devices running recent (but not the most recent) versions of Apple's iOS operating system — specifically, iOS 10 through to early versions of iOS 12. Every device running the vulnerable versions of iOS is a potential target for these websites.

Devices are infected via several methods, using 14 different security flaws — an unusual number of ways to compromise a device. Worse is that seven of the flaws involve Safari, the default web browser for many of these devices (and web browsing is a common activity for many users).

It's not all bad news though. After Google reported the issues to Apple earlier this year, the vulnerabilities were promptly patched with the latest release of iOS (12.4.1).

Any user updating their device to the latest version of iOS should be protected against this attack. The easiest way to do it is to go to Settings > General > Software Update on your phone and then follow the prompts.

What happens when you visit an infected site?
As soon you open the web page, malicious software is installed on the device. This software has the potential to access location data and information stored by various apps (such as iMessage, WhatsApp, and Google Hangouts).

This information can be transmitted to a remote location and potentially misused by an attacker.

The information extracted can include messages that are otherwise protected when sent and received by the user, removing the protection offered through encryption.

Hackers can also potentially access private files stored on the device, including photos, emails, contact lists, and sensitive information such as WiFi passwords.

All of this data has value and can be sold on the internet to other cyber-criminals.

According to antivirus firm Malwarebytes, the malicious software is removed when the infected device is restarted. While this limits the amount of time that the device is compromised, the user risks being reinfected the next time they visit the same website (if still using a vulnerable version of iOS).

The list of websites involved has not yet been made publicly available, so users have no means to protect themselves other than by updating their device's operating system. But we do know the number of visitors to these sites is estimated to be in the thousands each week.

Are Apple devices no longer secure?
High-profile attacks on these devices might dispel the myth that Apple devices are not susceptible to serious security breaches. However, Apple does have a bug-bounty program that offers a US$1 million reward to users who report problems that help to identify security flaws.

But considering the impact of this incident, it's obvious someone out there is making considerable efforts to target Apple devices.

While the tech giant regularly updates its software, there have been recent incidents in which previously fixed security flaws were reintroduced. This highlights the complexity of these devices and the challenge of maintaining a secure platform.

The most important lesson for Apple's millions of users is to ensure you keep up to date with the latest patches and fixes. Simply installing the latest iOS update is sufficient to remove the threats caused by this vulnerability.

If you're concerned your details may have been stolen, changing passwords and checking your credit card and bank account statements are also important steps to take.

Leslie Sikos is a lecturer and Paul Haskell-Dowland is Associate Dean (Computing and Security) at Edith Cowan University. This article originally appeared on The Conversation.

Posted about 3 hours ago

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
https://bgr.com/2019/09/05/iphone-11-leak-photos-show-final-design/

These leaked iPhone 11 images might inadvertently be our best look yet at Apple’s new iPhones
iphone-11-pro-max-nood-case.jpg

We’re now just days away from the biggest smartphone launch of 2019. There are plenty of exciting new phones that have hit store shelves in recent months, like the new Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+ from Samsung. There are also plenty more in store for us, such as the Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and even the Galaxy Fold if you don’t mind spending $2,000 on a foldable smartphone with a terrible design that will be obsolete in just a few months time. As great as all (or at least most of) those phones sound, none of them will even come close to approaching the hype surrounding the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also, needless to say, none of them will come close to achieving the sales numbers Apple’s next-generation iPhones will inevitably do. Even as iPhone sales continue to decline with the rest of the market, Apple will still sell tens upon tens of millions of iPhone 11 units in their first few weeks of availability alone.

Apple already sent out invitations to its big iPhone announcement event that’s set to take place just 5 days from now, so there’s not much waiting left before Apple fans finally get to feast their eyes on the new iPhone 11 series. Of course, nearly everything there is to know about the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max has already leaked, and that includes the phones’ designs. But as we’ve mentioned a few times before here on the site, just about all of the leaked images we’ve seen so far are completely wrong, because they show new iPhone 11 models with the same design features as older iPhones. As we’ve learned from multiple inside sources with solid track records, however, that’s now what Apple’s new iPhone 11 models will look like at all.

Just in case you missed our explanations in the past, here’s the short version: people who have rendered the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max so far are lazy.

The slightly longer version is that Apple is making some big design changes to its iPhone 11 lineup in 2019 that aren’t shown in the design files that were stolen from the Foxconn factory where Apple’s next-generation iPhones are being assembled. Those files are merely a raw blueprint, and they don’t show the subtle details of Apple’s design. So when graphic designers rendered them and when accessory makers built 3D models of the new iPhones, they decided to just make them look like Apple’s current-generation iPhone XS and XR handsets. Here’s an example:

iphone-11-mkbhd.jpg

Those iPhones look nice, but they’re not an accurate representation of the iPhone 11 models Apple will unveil next week. First, the most accurate Apple insider out there — TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo — has been saying for nearly a year that Apple’s iPhone 11 series will feature new frosted glass on the back, not the same old clear glass shown in the image above. Subsequent reliable reports have detailed other big changes in Apple’s iPhone 11 design, such as a new round mute switch like the one on the iPad Pro, color-matched plastic in between the rear camera lenses rather than black plastic like we’ve seen on earlier iPhones, a molded glass camera bump rather than a raised metal frame, and even the deletion of the “iPhone” logo from the backs of Apple’s new iPhone 11 models.

So we know Apple’s next-generation iPhone models won’t look like the dummy units shown above, but what will they look like? Well, they’ll sort of look like this:

i11-nood-5.jpg

iPhone and MacBook accessory maker Nood has already created ultra-thin protective cases for Apple’s upcoming iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, and it has posted marketing shots of the new cases wrapped around next-generation iPhone mockups. As it turns out, these new product shots might inadvertently be our best look yet at Apple’s next-generation iPhones. Why? Because the ultra-thin, semi-transparent plastic that Nood and other brands use to make these slim cases actually looks a lot like frosted glass.

Here are a few more images to tide you over until Apple finally unveils the iPhone 11 series on September 10th and releases all three new phones on September 20th:

i11-nood-3.jpg

i11-nood-4.jpg

i11-nood-2.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Using a phone to take photos is like using a swiss army knife instead of a can opener to open a can.

Always use a proper tool for the job.

For photography use a camera.

Vignette-XFSystem-1040x680px.jpg

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I waiting for Huawei September Release of Mate 30. i am a practical person, whoever gives the better deal I will go for it. Brand conscious people are the most dumb I should add.

Race and IQ

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
No headphone Jack and no sd card slot not so convenient...imagine if u listen to music u need to charge both the phone and the headphones at the same time, unless u get an adapter which is clunky af

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be getting 1. Match my expectations and able to last me 5 years. My samsung note 3 died on me again

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No headphone Jack and no sd card slot not so convenient...imagine if u listen to music u need to charge both the phone and the headphones at the same time, unless u get an adapter which is clunky af

You can more or less kiss goodbye to the headphone jack in future flagship phones. Even Samsung has quitted.

If you want a headphone jack, you'll have to buy a crappy/obscure brand or a midrange budget phone.

No hard feelings, it's just a business decision to get you to buy wireless headphones. Or an adapter dongle. :cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anyone placed order? My goodness its bloody expensive, can buy notebook liao

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 9.36.56 PM.png