• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ipad3 is coming on march 2012

Would you buy the New ipad (gen 3)

• Yes, I will buy the New ipad when it is out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad (gen 1)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad 2

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I am not interested in any ipad

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I will buy competitors tablet

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i heard of this issue a few days after the release of new ipad

New iPad WiFi issue may have Apple's attention

A few worms in Apple's new iPad

The new iPad leaves consumers with plenty of complaints. (Spencer Platt / Getty Images / March 22, 2012)
By Michelle Maltais

April 5, 2012, 8:51 a.m.

The third time isn't quite the charm. Apparently, Apple's legacy of early onset WiFi issues in its iPads continues in the new generation. Just weeks after the launch of the third generation, 9to5Mac reports that Apple appears to be investigating the reception issues in the new iPad after a growing number of complaints about spotty connections.

The site says it obtained a screenshot of an AppleCare memo, directing employees to collect and replace troubled third-generation iPads displaying symptoms such as "intermittent connectivity," "slow WiFi speeds" or not seeing the network.

The screen shot reads, "In the United States, contact centers and retail stores should capture iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi only devices if they exhibit any issue related to Wi-Fi."

This "capture" directive relates only to the WiFi models, according to 9to5Mac.

Users reported the WiFi in the new iPad was significantly weaker than iPad 2, their iPhones and MacBook laptops on AppleCare support discussion threads almost immediately.

Although this memo appears to focus only on the Wi-Fi models, the AppleCare threads have reports from owners of the 4G LTE models as well.

Weak Wi-Fi seems to almost be a standard part of an iPad launch. Both previous generations had difficulty with WiFi just out of the gate, with users complaining of weak reception and problems connecting to a network.

Apple acknowledged in 2010 that a small number of first-gen iPads had connectivity problems and, with the second generation, resolved the issues in 2011 with a software update.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New iPad Wi-Fi not working? You're not alone.

Is your new iPad Wi-Fi not working? Others have the problem too. Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) isn't saying anything, as usual, but the unofficial skinny is that there's a collection of issues that the company's investigating. In IT Blogwatch, bloggers tear their hair out in frustration.

Gregg Keizer reports 802.11 hassles:

Complaints from owners...continue to mount. ... According to users, some new iPads have extreme difficulty connecting...staying connected, and...locking onto a strong signal. ... Some Computerworld staffers have seen the same behavior...others have not.
Numerous users said that their new iPads...reported significantly slower connection speeds than older models. ... An Apple technical support representative...claimed that the issue was not hardware-related, but in the iPad's software. ... After resetting the new iPad...speed tests showed a marked improvement.
ome owners said that they had been told to return their iPads to the company for repair. ... Apple typically does not publicly comment on ongoing issues with its products. M0RE

Daniel Ionescu adds a yeasty analogy:

The issue has been brewing for a few weeks now: mere days after the new iPad launched...complaints started pouring in.
ome of the users...reporting problems...are saying that they are experiencing similar issues with the 4G + Wi-Fi model as well. Many...users say they had their devices replaced when taken to an Apple store. M0RE

And Mark Gurman has a deep throat in Apple:

According to an internal AppleCare document, Apple is actively investigating [the] issues. ... Apple has taken notice and has admitted internally to some new iPad models having the WiFi issues.
The company says “symptoms can include, but are not limited to: intermittent connectivity, slow WiFi speeds, and WiFi network not seen.” ... WiFi-only third-generation iPads are the only devices affected by these issues, according to Apple.
iPads that are affected by WiFi issues are supposed to be...immediately packed up and shipped to Apple’s engineering centers...includ[ing] accessories (the charging adapter and USB cord). Apple will replace affected units. M0RE

So what about this resetting fix? Vorenus says it didn't work:

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Apple tech support. ... Forgot the connection, re-established the connection, erased and reset the ipad, etc...took care of the problem temporarily and then it came right back.
iPad3 works sometimes and other times not. Good thing this thing was cheap (not). M0RE

Meanwhile, a frustrated Jody Fanning describes a different network problem:

I have a 4G model and no Wi-Fi problems, but myself and plenty of others...have a problem with switching to cellular data...it doesn't.
Problem is that you get Wi-Fi fine, but it won't switch to 3G data. ... You just get an error message. But if you reboot the iPad completely it will then work for a while.
Very annoying when you specifically get a 4G one (and a data plan) just so you won't be stuck without a connection. ... I'm hoping for a response soon or Apple will get it's iPad back.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can the iPad’s Wi-Fi Issues Be Fixed With a Simple Software Update?

Owners of the new iPad have been reporting Wi-Fi issues for weeks. Well they can breathe (a little) easier because a new report suggests that the issue is a fixable software problem—not a hardware issue.

Computerworld consulted repair expert Aaron Vronko about the new iPad's weak Wi-Fi connectivity. Vronko says that Apple Support has been recommending people reset their Wi-Fi to factory defaults as a way to fix the problem. This indicates that rather than some hardware issue, the iPad's Wi-Fi problems are related to power-saving features:

According to Vronko and several tear-down experts, the new iPad features the Broadcom BCM4330 chip, which handles Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. That chip, new to the iPad, also is inside the iPhone 4S, which launched last October.

"[The Broadcom BCM4330 chip] boasts a new design including several new power-saving features," said Vronko. "Wi-Fi can be a hungry customer in mobile devices and Apple knew that the new LCD and its requisite monster truck GPU would be guzzling battery juice. They had to go aggressive on performance per milliwatt on every other component."

If Apple's software is to blame, the issue could be relatively easy to patch. That said, Apple hasn't yet publicly acknowledged any problems with the new iPad's Wi-Fi performance; however, the company is reportedly accepting exchanges for iPads with Wi-Fi problems. Without confirmation about what's going on, we're going to have to wait to see how Apple responds before we know for sure. [Comptuterworld]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple investigating new iPad WiFi issues, tells AppleCare to replace affected units

According to an internal AppleCare document, Apple is actively investigating a series of WiFi-related issues affecting the third-generation iPad. Since the new iPad’s launch, many users have been complaining about third-generation iPad WiFi issues ranging from connection drops, slow download and upload speeds, or the device’s inability to even pickup local WiFi networks. A thread discussing the issue exists on Apple’s online support forums has almost amassed 700 replies from users with similar issues. Here are some examples from the forum thread:

I am in a hotel with my laptop and new ipad3. The laptop wifi reception is as strong as it gets, but the iPad only registers a weak signal. Anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions?

It has absolutely nothing to do with routers. I am right next to my wife, to whom I gave my iPad 1: she has full bars and I have 1-2. FYI: on Speedtest near the router I get over 10 mb downloads; 20 feet away I get .2 mb downloads. That’s ridiculous.

Same problem; same issue. Mine with University’s wifi or my home wifi (Airport Express). Original iPad maintains a strong connection right next to new iPad, which doesn’t.

Besides the supposed third-generation iPad charging and overheating issues, the iPad WiFi issues were noted by the media during the past couple of weeks. Apple has taken notice and has admitted internally to some new iPad models having the WiFi issues described in numerous reports and on forum threads. The company says “symptoms can include, but are not limited to: intermittent connectivity, slow WiFi speeds, and WiFi network not seen.” Apple tells AppleCare employees to ensure that devices they test are not facing these issues due to normal software bugs, but instead because of the actual hardware components.

WiFi-only third-generation iPads are the only devices affected by these issues, according to Apple. The 4G LTE models are presumably safe from these issues due to the extra network power allowed by the black rubber cut on the top of the unit.

iPads that are affected by WiFi issues are supposed to be “Captured.” According to one source, “Captured” is code for the device to be immediately packed up and shipped to Apple’s engineering centers for examination and investigation. Apple employees are instructed to Capture the iPad itself and included accessories (the charging adapter and USB cord). Apple will replace affected units.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;VtU9jPiIWPU]http://youtu.be/VtU9jPiIWPU[/video]
No apple store in south korea, well some korean did not support samsung tab. Lots of them.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah piangz..... I'm saying you wouldnt buy creative because they are SG produced, Koreans also dun like local brand lah...

so amercian dun like to buy apple?
and japanese dun like to buy sony, panasonic, technic ?
no, i like to support singapore product, but i already have 2 tablets, why i would buy creative tablet?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New iPad Coming to 30 Additional Countries Including Brazil on May 11 and 12 (SO SAD!)

ipad_3_latin_america_may_11.jpg

As revealed by Apple's iPad selection page for Latin America, the new iPad will be launching in 13 new countries in that region this Friday, May 11. The most significant new addition is Brazil, where Apple's manufacturing partner Foxconn has been ramping up production on iPhone and iPad production.

A further examination of Apple's country-specific store pages reveals that this weekend's iPad launch will actually include a total of 30 countries. The majority of those countries will see the new iPad launch on Friday, May 11, but seven countries in the Middle East will debut the new iPad on Saturday, May 12. The full list of launch countries includes:

May 11: Argentina, Aruba, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Kenya, Madagascar, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Morocco, Peru, Taiwan, Tunisia, Vietnam

May 12: Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates

The new iPad appears to still be awaiting certification before it can be sold in China, Honduras, Indonesia, Nicaragua, Paraguay, and the Philippines, and Apple is now promoting lower pricing on the iPad 2 in those countries as it awaits final approvals for the new device.

Apple also quietly launched the new iPad in Turkey this past Saturday, May 5, and following this weekend's launches the new iPad will be available in close to 90 countries around the world.