• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ipad3 is coming on march 2012

Would you buy the New ipad (gen 3)

• Yes, I will buy the New ipad when it is out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad (gen 1)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad 2

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I am not interested in any ipad

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I will buy competitors tablet

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just managed to get hold of the new iPad at the Apple shop today. This is my honest opinion.

Compared it with iPad2
1) The image are crisp and bright, I'm impressed. you really can see the diff when you magnify
2) Camera: 5mp lens, definitely better, added with the screen, the picture do look sharp and better control lighting, but when you magnify, you still can see the noises.
3) Cant compare the connectivity, so dunno how fast it is.

Overall, it is worth it to buy for new owner and those who selling their iPad2 to get the newer iPad. To those who owned an iPad2 and are happy with it, stick with it.

For Apple other news....

MacBook Air getting an upgrade to 15", 11" will ceased.
There will be only 17" Macbook Pro, 15" will ceased too...

Thats what I heard lah.....

your eyes are very good like super man , you can see the difference? magnify those reduce size file - yeah sure. HA HA. I want full size graphic file, man. ipad 3 not worth it. Forget about it.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you know ipad software reduce graphic and video size when you upload from computer to ipad. so the damn graphic file is still the same as ipad 1, you cannot see the improvement in ipad 3.

It is nuts ipad 3, dun buy it. if you already have ipad and ipad 2.

About the heat problem, i guess if you intend to use it aircon room, ok, if you intend to use outdoor, forget it. Get an ipad 2, it is cheaper and it look the same for those reduce graphic files. it is cheaper. lighter and virtually the same as ipad 3. you are not going to get LTE anyway, if you do, in USA, then do it.

Actually it isn't VERY hot...but de set i try...on idling screen...it is as warm as my I2 when playing graphic intensive game...cant imagine when u actually play such game on I3...dunno how hot it can get...according to online feedback ish..."quite warm"...

You don't see tat much of graphic improvement in main screen...only when u view photo...yes abit sharper n let u zoom in abit more b4 it get grainy...think dis oni benefit those who store alot of photos in their ipad n nid to show client or friend...

De demo video...ish slightly sharper cumpare to I2...slightly...i will oni consider buying if i get an offer frm telco to renew contract...at haf de price...anyway rumour say something new on Ipad is cooking toward year end...according to de sales staff...becoz of all dis factors...some customer is holding back on I3...n had affected sales quite abit...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually it isn't VERY hot...but de set i try...on idling screen...it is as warm as my I2 when playing graphic intensive game...cant imagine when u actually play such game on I3...dunno how hot it can get...according to online feedback ish..."quite warm"...

You don't see tat much of graphic improvement in main screen...only when u view photo...yes abit sharper n let u zoom in abit more b4 it get grainy...think dis oni benefit those who store alot of photos in their ipad n nid to show client or friend...

De demo video...ish slightly sharper cumpare to I2...slightly...i will oni consider buying if i get an offer frm telco to renew contract...at haf de price...anyway rumour say something new on Ipad is cooking toward year end...according to de sales staff...becoz of all dis factors...some customer is holding back on I3...n had affected sales quite abit...

new as a smaller and cheaper ipad to compete with nook tablet and kindle fire. forget that one.
nothing worth waiting for from apple.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your eyes are very good like super man , you can see the difference? magnify those reduce size file - yeah sure. HA HA. I want full size graphic file, man. ipad 3 not worth it. Forget about it.
I definitely can see it if compare it side by side, I was skeptical of getting it at 1st, but now, I think Im gonna get it, will pass my iPad2 to my bro instead, LOL

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I definitely can see it if compare it side by side, I was skeptical of getting it, but now, I think Im gonna get it, will pass my iPad2 to my bro instead, LOL

in day to day uses, does it matter?
does the increase resolution improve the use of the device
if they change the label, ipad 2 and ipad 3 in a box, you pick up one randomly, after 5 mins, would you be able to tell? which is which.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in day to day uses, does it matter?
does the increase resolution improve the use of the device
if they change the label, ipad 2 and ipad 3 in a box, you pick up one randomly, after 5 mins, would you be able to tell? which is which.
Can lah, i will magnify a nipple to confirm it, LOL

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My friend found dis out de hard way...lastweekend while at my place testing my new amp...took out a cover he bought earilier and realise...sleep/wake function doesnt work...we had a bigger surprise when my I2 cover work on his I3...his I3 cover doesnt work on his I3...:*::biggrin::biggrin:

Some Smart Covers Not Working Properly on New iPad

Thursday March 22, 2012 10:39 am PDT by Jordan Golson
It appears that some iPad Smart Covers aren't working properly with the new iPad, including older Apple Smart Covers. The new iPad has a slight change in how its magnets work. Apple has reversed the polarity of one set of magnets related to the sleep/wake sensor that turns the iPad off when the Smart Cover is closed. As a result, older Smart Covers, that weren't designed with this change in mind, fail to turn the new iPad off when they're closed.

smartcover.jpg

Mark Booth has more details as to why Apple choose to make the change:
I've learned why Apple decided to use a polarity sensitive switch in the new iPad 3. Some iPad 2 customers were having issues with their iPads entering sleep mode when they flipped Apple's Smart Cover around flat behind their iPad 2. Since the iPad 2's sleep/wake sensor wasn't polarity specific, it could sometimes be triggered from the magnet being positioned at the rear of the iPad. By changing to a sensor that requires the correct polarity, the problem is eliminated.
Booth also notes that Apple is replacing older Apple Smart Covers at Apple Stores for customers who ask. New iPad owners having difficulties with third-party smart cover-compatible cases should contact their case-makers for possible resolutions.

Worst ish...same brand...same model cover...1 work de other dont...

http://markshangout.com/blog/2012/3/17/ipad-3-smart-cover-sleepwake-feature-not-working.html

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why I'm returning my new iPad and buying a Kindle Fire
Now that I've lived with both, I can safely say that I prefer a smaller, more affordable tablet.

The new iPad's screen is nice, but the greatest thing since sliced bread? Um, no.
My new iPad is going back to the store.
I paid $600 for the 32GB Wi-Fi model, and although I like it well enough, I don't think it's worth the money.
Before the Apple faithful take my head off, allow me to explain -- and to note that I'm keeping my original iPad. Also, I have such mad love for my iPhone 4S, I want to cook it breakfast every morning. You get my meaning; this isn't just wayward iPad-bashing.
When Apple announced the new tablet, I was underwhelmed but intrigued. I'd skipped the iPad 2, so I figured I "owed" myself this upgrade. Plus, it would be a business expense; I do write for a blog called iPad Atlas, after all.
Mostly, though, I got caught up in the hype. After reading gushing praise for the new iPad's Retina Display and blazing processor, I had to see what the fuss was about.
The fuss, it turns out, was more overblown than a Kardashian wedding. The screen? Yep, it's nice. Does it make my eyes leap from my skull and dance a marimba cha-cha? No. Neither does it cure cancer or introduce me to supermodels, despite what some drooling bloggers intimate

The new iPad is admirably peppy, though I never found my original iPad to be slow. My kids enjoy messing with the built-in cameras, but that's a luxury I certainly don't need. Using an iPad to snap photos or video is like driving a monster truck to the grocery store: uncomfortable and impractical (to say nothing of showy). The only thing that I'll actually miss is big-screen FaceTime -- but for those moments I can always Skype on my laptop.
The 4G LTE? Again, nice, but I have no need for it. And that leaves...what? The new iPad is a little slimmer, a little faster, and little easier on the eyes than the original. Not enough, Apple. I want my $600 back.

The Kindle Fire is far from perfect, but it satisfies most of my tablet needs -- for a fraction of the cost of an iPad.
As fate would have it, a Kindle Fire arrived shortly after the new iPad. (It's a loaner, due back to Amazon in about a week.) As you're no doubt aware, it's a hair less expensive: $199.
Yes, it has a smaller screen, less storage, no cameras, no 3G/4G, no Bluetooth, and so on. But you know what? I love the little guy, because it better suits my needs.
For one thing, it's way more comfortable for reading. I consume a lot of e-books, but I find the iPad too big and cumbersome -- especially for reading in bed. The Fire is small enough and light enough that I can lie on my side and grip it one-handed. (Shut up.)
I also like magazines, most notably Entertainment Weekly, Time, and Wired. The app versions of all three work nicely on the iPad, but I like the Kindle Fire (Android) versions even better. Maybe it's because I was expecting a shrunken, ill-fitting stab at accommodating the smaller screen, but the formatting is just beautiful. Reading these mags on the Fire is a pleasure.
Music, movies, TV shows, games, apps -- the Kindle Fire excels at all this stuff, just like the iPad. I'm streaming "This Is Spinal Tap" (courtesy of Amazon Prime, an uneven but compelling service) as I type this, and it looks exquisite. Granted, the paltry 8GB of storage limits how much media I can take with me, but I'm mostly an around-the-house user anyway. (That's why I get by just fine with Wi-Fi.)
I also like the Kindle's modern, media-centric, dare-I-say-sexy interface, which actually makes Apple's UI seem rather dated.
So here's the upshot: for one-third of what I paid for the new iPad, I can accomplish 95 percent of what I want to do with a tablet, and with a smaller design I find more appealing. Different strokes for different folks, of course, but for me this is a no brainer: I'm returning the new iPad and jumping into the Fire.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gave to my bro, ehh fuck man, no stock at epicentre and other outlets, they dunno when its arriving.... wtf...

Nice gesture. Now you have no ipad. I did not know that ipad3 is so popular in singapore. Even with all those problems about ipad3 on the net. And the lack of media and software to make use of the retina screen, not to mention 4 times more memories for content that optimise the retina screen.

For me, I will keep my ipad 1 for many years to come. Unless there is a massive improvement in the ipad. at least ipad was build by steve jobs while ipad 3 made by timmy. I have no fate in timmy products.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Order online lah. That's what I did. Seriously the thing its overrated I got mine last week, its now collecting dust in my cabinet. Not much different from the iPad 2 and when I run a HD movie on it and my Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, it actually looked better on the super amoled plus screen of the galaxy tab coz better contrast