• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ipad3 is coming on march 2012

Would you buy the New ipad (gen 3)

• Yes, I will buy the New ipad when it is out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad (gen 1)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I will keep my ipad 2

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I am not interested in any ipad

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I will buy competitors tablet

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple today officially announced two more rounds of launches for the new iPad, with the first round coming on Friday, April 20 and including twelve markets led by South Korea. The second round comes on Friday, April 27 and includes nine more countries.

Apple today announced the new iPad, the third generation of its category defining mobile device, will arrive in South Korea and 11 additional countries on Friday, April 20. [...]

In addition to South Korea, the new iPad also will be available beginning on Friday, April 20 in Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Malaysia, Panama, St Maarten, Uruguay and Venezuela. Beginning on Friday, April 27, the new iPad will be available in Colombia, Estonia, India, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, South Africa and Thailand.
Apple has moved quickly to launch the iPad in markets around the world, beginning with a 10-country launch on March 16 and following that with debuts in 25 more countries just a week later.

One key market that has yet to see an announcement regarding availability of the new iPad is China. Regulatory authorities have approved at least the Wi-Fi version of the device, but Apple is apparently not yet ready to launch the device in the country.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMG_2768.jpg

The new iPad

IMG_2767.jpg

iPad2 screen

Side by side comparison of iPad2 and the New iPad scree, GoThere.sg is actually an iPhone app, but still can be use on iPad, iPhone apps can be magnified 2x to view at iPad screen, so this is the difference.

Its a big difference....

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you mix the two photo, the top one is new ipad and the photo below is ipad 2. cause it is worse.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes no one will look so close at ipad, at normal viewing distance, it is hard to tell the difference.
also almost no software support the high definition screen, when it is available, it will require 4 times the amount of space, which is limited on ipad.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes no one will look so close at ipad, at normal viewing distance, it is hard to tell the difference.
also almost no software support the high definition screen, when it is available, it will require 4 times the amount of space, which is limited on ipad.
I find it is quite heavy also, have trouble holding it while lying down, hmmmm

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking said:
With 4G also, actually only 1 day only leh, they came on Saturday, but I was not in, they leave a note, i called yesterday and they deliver it today before noon.

I thought the 4G is not compatible with any local 4G network. Have you check?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4G only works in USA and no where else in the world.

Kotaku reports on claims [Google translation] from Chinese web portal NetEase regarding Apple's plans for the launch of a smaller "iPad mini" in the third quarter of this year. According to the report, Apple is planning to launch with six million units of the device at a price of either $249 or $299 in order to combat forthcoming Windows 8 products, although smaller Android tablets such as Amazon's Kindle Fire have also been viewed as targets for Apple.

NetEase claimed that the device will be released around the third quarter of this year to "counter attack" the upcoming Windows tablets. The report further claims that the devices will cost anywhere from US$249 to $299 and that there will be an initial 6 million units ready for launch.
The well-connected John Gruber has claimed that Apple has a 7.85-inch iPad in its labs, but he does not know whether the product will ever make it to market. Various claims of Apple moving closer to production of the smaller iPad have also been surfacing as rumors continue to swirl.

Last December, we posted a paper mockup showing what a 7.85-inch iPad would look and feel like, coming to the conclusion that onscreen elements would remain usable even as the standard iPad resolution of 1024x768 was squeezed into a 7.85-inch display rather than a 9.7-inch screen. A 7.85-inch "iPad mini" display with a resolution of 1024x768 would carry a pixel density of 163 pixels per inch, exactly the same density as the non-Retina iPhone and iPod touch models. Consequently, content meeting Apple's interface guidelines would display at acceptable sizes on such a display.

iPad-Mini-comparison-t.jpg

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singveld said:
4G only works in USA and no where else in the world.

In fact in the case of Singapore, it makes more sense, if you also have an iphone, to just get the Wifi version and use hotspot for 3G connection if required.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used 4 days, i restart a few times, zzzzz, dunno whether got no redial or not, but when i dun use the iPad for a few hours, I cant surf because the 3G connection is dead. I go to fly mode, hoping to reconnect also no use....

Last edited: