• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interview Questions?

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

During interview, if the interviewee ask, "what's the reason you are leaving your current company", what would you guys say?

Cheers!

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

During interview, if the interviewee ask, "what's the reason you are leaving your current company", what would you guys say?

Cheers!

Some suggestions...

1. I am sick with my CB Ah Neh boss.

2. They employed too many Ah Nehs. Very irritating creature de..
Whey they bring their packet of foods to the office, the whole office stinks de.. and when they talk on phone, god also can here lor...

3. I don't mind those poisonous snakes. But those Ah Nehs i very too lan.

4. For better pay.

5. For better prospects.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Cheers!

By the time for interview, you would have known about the coy, job specs......blah blah blah.

When this question is asked, start buttering them how good you had heard about the coy, the job is what you been gearing up for throughout your career..............even though all you need is just a job to tie you over.

It never fail to butter up someone correctly. Just don't over do it and make it too slippery.

Learn from MIW as well as some States Times Forum writers, the latest event being LKY bad-mouthing the Muslims, you can see lots of such ppl jumping in to butter LKY up.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't waste time. Leave. You already know the answer. :rolleyes:

I fully agree, it is not a joke. Ah Neh interviewer tend to ask the wrong question and not very professional in conducting interview. When you give them the right answer they feel hurt. Very high ego, no brain and afraid their position will be taken by Singaporeans. Interviewing is just a process with no outcome because they shortlist you to make you feel stupid and tryto learn your skill thru interview. Thus don't expect anything, talk less and leave the interview room soonest possible even if you are desperate for a job.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

Cheers!

Normally if I am going for higher $ post, I would say for higher $ and prospect.
Sometime due to I cannot tahan my current co, i will go for same or even slightly lower pay, as such I will tell them for change of environment or job nature

Overall the most appropriate answer is depending on what job you are going for..cos interview for different type of post can have varies answer.

But never talk bad about your company or boss or workloads that is for sure.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Cheers!

Normally i tell them i hate travelling in a sardine packed mrt.

But the most hated question i encountered was" What is your strength", fuck the interviewer la, and i always give them the fuck answer "Strength Five" as in Signal term than i walk off.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree, it is not a joke. Ah Neh interviewer tend to ask the wrong question and not very professional in conducting interview. When you give them the right answer they feel hurt. Very high ego, no brain and afraid their position will be taken by Singaporeans. Interviewing is just a process with no outcome because they shortlist you to make you feel stupid and tryto learn your skill thru interview. Thus don't expect anything, talk less and leave the interview room soonest possible even if you are desperate for a job.

Very true! Some "interviews" are nothing more than attempts to solve company problems on the cheap. When the company won't pay for a consultant, conduct "interviews" to get some answers.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why bother even talking? If u see interviewer is ah neh, ask for a packet of soft drink and leave immediately liao.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally i tell them i hate travelling in a sardine packed mrt.

But the most hated question i encountered was" What is your strength", fuck the interviewer la, and i always give them the fuck answer "Strength Five" as in Signal term than i walk off.

Interesting. How long have u been unemployed?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi,

Cheers!

Whatever you say, just don't bad-mouth the company you are leaving. Your potential employers will not want to employ someone who may in future bad-mouth them!!

:biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The lousiest question that an interviewer ask is:

"Why should I give you the job?"

This question shows that the interviewer has got very poor interviewing skills!!!

:smile:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can take a gambit. If the prospect for the new job sucks, just go for "to get higher pay". Obviously, you need an answer for the follow-up question of "so you will leave us if someone offers you higher?". Then you can reply "wouldn't you?". Remember to smile.

After getting the job, remember to treat cooleo to Asahi beer.

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your replies. Yes, it is not good to bad-mouth your current company.

How about the current company you are working:

1. has not increase your salary for the past 4 years.
2. does not give you additional bonus except 13th month
3. upper management always change, hence the goals/objectives always changes
4. long delivery time of products.

How would you put it "being the reason" for leaving the current company?

Happy Lunar New Year and thanks!

Cheers!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Happy Lunar New Year and thanks!

Cheers!

If is me, I would't be bothered about yr pt (3) and (4). Pt (1) and (2) is much more impt to me. Anyway if I were you I will use "no motivation" as the key lor.

Good luck !

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

No good. no good.

Just tell them your experience deserve the market rate which is $$$$$

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have 2 questions ...

1. Why on Earth that the interviewer wants to see your latest payslip ???!! Will you give it to them ? since it is stated P & C ... :confused::confused::confused:

2. If you lied to the interviewer in your CV that you have worked 3 companies all this while, but actually you have been working for more than 6 companies before ; to avoid them seeing you as a job hopper ? can they check your history through your CPF ???

Anyone bros here can answer ? Thanks in advance.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have 2 questions ...

1. Why on Earth that the interviewer wants to see your latest payslip ???!! Will you give it to them ? since it is stated P & C ... :confused::confused::confused:

2. If you lied to the interviewer in your CV that you have worked 3 companies all this while, but actually you have been working for more than 6 companies before ; to avoid them seeing you as a job hopper ? can they check your history through your CPF ???

Anyone bros here can answer ? Thanks in advance.

Bro KNNBCCB,

Yes some company HR will ask for payslip to make sure you are not lying.If I'm very keen in this company and they are going to pay me good salary, to show my sincerity I will give lo, but if I half past 6 not sure to join them then i won't give lo.

About lying in how companys you have worked in before..I have been lying all the while, no issue on that. They have no way to know during the interview, also they have no access to your CPF statement. I normally will only include those job i worked > 1 yr, if not i think i need 10 pages of CV :biggrin:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro KNNBCCB,

Yes some company HR will ask for payslip to make sure you are not lying.If I'm very keen in this company and they are going to pay me good salary, to show my sincerity I will give lo, but if I half past 6 not sure to join them then i won't give lo...

Thanks bro..

But the disappointed thing is , after giving your payslip, you were not selected..
If they really trust you, they don;t have to ask for your payslip,
if they know your job experience and the market rate, they can pay you, they don't have to ask for your payslip.

I hate to give them my payslip, everything about your CPF, your bonus pay out is there lor... why would I want to leak my current company's information to the interviewer leh ? :confused:

Let's say you are a manager, and you go and interview for another managerial post. will you give them you payslip since your position so high ?