• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interview Questions?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are the 10 questions you're most likely to be asked in a job interview:

1. Tell me about yourself.

2. What interests you about this opening?

3. What do you know about our company so far?

4. Why did you leave your last job?

5. Tell me about your experience at ___. (Fill in past job.)

6. What experience do you have doing ____? (Fill in each of the major responsibilities of the job.)

7. Tell me about your strengths.

8. Tell me about a time when... (Fill in with situations relevant to the position. For instance: Tell me about when you had to take initiative ... you had to deal with a difficult customer ... you had to respond to a crisis ... you had to give difficult feedback to an employee ... You get the idea.)

9. What salary range are you looking for?

10. What questions do you have for me? (You can find ideas for your own questions here.)

cut and paste la bro, don't whack me

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks bro..

But the disappointed thing is , after giving your payslip, you were not selected..
If they really trust you, they don;t have to ask for your payslip,
if they know your job experience and the market rate, they can pay you, they don't have to ask for your payslip.

I hate to give them my payslip, everything about your CPF, your bonus pay out is there lor... why would I want to leak my current company's information to the interviewer leh ? :confused:

Let's say you are a manager, and you go and interview for another managerial post. will you give them you payslip since your position so high ?

1 thing i know is P&C does not apply across HR dept le. I personally encountered registering to a employment agency, when the agencies call my at-tat-time-most-current-employer for references, the HR actually discloses all info to them, wtf..I was shocked when the agencies called me and asked...hey why you tell me all the lies in your resume , I was stunned cos I lied about my last salary, last day of service etc.

I guess payslip thing is just a procedure for some company lor. However a more pro company will only asked for it after they had offered you the job le, not before.
Usually they will ask you to bring along your orig cert, latest payslip etc when you signing the letter of offer.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
this question may seem simple but may be the toughest of all. be truthful as possible,

tell you my story: there was one interview that i went and after the hr director looked at my cv, she start probing me from left, right, centre. i wished that i can tell her that i was oppressed by lky's cronies but thinking about it, how to? my words vs lky's cronies, who will you believe? :rolleyes:

Hi,

During interview, if the interviewee ask, "what's the reason you are leaving your current company", what would you guys say?

Cheers!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this question may seem simple but may be the toughest of all. be truthful as possible,

tell you my story: there was one interview that i went and after the hr director looked at my cv, she start probing me from left, right, centre. i wished that i can tell her that i was oppressed by lky's cronies but thinking about it, how to? my words vs lky's cronies, who will you believe? :rolleyes:

Actually a wise interviewer will not ask all these , it is deem unnecessary to ask. Q&A he can choose to believe or not believe, it does not add much value to wether the candidate is suitable or best for the job also. haiz..I wonder why people study so much and yet do this kind of silly thing. If I am a employer I will ask for practical test i.e. technical post test technical stuff, sales test selling lo...can do the job or not can tell liao ma...aiyo ..

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you describe below is how the americans do interviewing, they also expect your cv to be a 1 page rather than few pages. years ago, i was called up for interview by oracle,the interview panel consists of 2 ABC and a angmo, i didn't get the job cos' i think i lost out to a FT.

Actually a wise interviewer will not ask all these , it is deem unnecessary to ask. Q&A he can choose to believe or not believe, it does not add much value to wether the candidate is suitable or best for the job also. haiz..I wonder why people study so much and yet do this kind of silly thing. If I am a employer I will ask for practical test i.e. technical post test technical stuff, sales test selling lo...can do the job or not can tell liao ma...aiyo ..

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...I personally encountered registering to a employment agency, when the agencies call my at-tat-time-most-current-employer for references, the HR actually discloses all info to them, wtf..I was shocked when the agencies called me and asked...hey why you tell me all the lies in your resume , I was stunned cos I lied about my last salary, last day of service etc.

Wah Lau... either your HR employ a trainee at that time to disclose all your private stuffs... dangerous... And the agencies also fuckup wan, never trust you... :eek:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
so many interviewers ask me same question: "what is so special about u that i must hire u?" how to answer such a question?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
so many interviewers ask me same question: "what is so special about u that i must hire u?" how to answer such a question?

Tell them " you hire me first then you will know "

Like asking , what so special about the food, of course you eat first then you know ma... :biggrin:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
ever went to agencies, the good ones, very pro. the so so ones, like operating some kind of ginna day care centres. you can see those young punk agents chatting and monkeying around in their offices.:biggrin:

Wah Lau... either your HR employ a trainee at that time to disclose all your private stuffs... dangerous... And the agencies also fuckup wan, never trust you... :eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
i did say: "wahlaneh...why so many questions?"
then they told me to go home wait lor. still waiting lor.:biggrin:

Don't wait too long. Waiting long long ku ku will only land you a job as a WAITer. Same for those who act as acting manager, acting head etc. Too much acting leads to being an ACTor.