• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IndependenSG: Homeless people sleeping at National Library

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20180515_142315_censored-1068x1424.jpg

IMG_20180722_133755_censored-1068x1424.jpg

National Library – Getting good sleep there depends on luck. First, you have to battle it out amongst the other homeless people to get a good seat, and then you hope that staff don’t wake you up. Aesan: Fights also break out between other homeless people who come there to sleep and the genuine ones who come there to read. Usually because of snoring.

http://theindependent.sg/troubling-times-a-guide-to-being-homeless-in-singapore-one-mans-story/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why the best libraries are private libraries, where you have to pay to enter. :wink:

NLB libraries... too many noisy brats. Conspicuous deliberate omission of certain books in the catalogue. The better books are all for reference only, sometimes only one copy at Level 7 of the National Library.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
These homeless should go to Parliament's viewing gallery to sleep when the House sits. They can snore loudly when the ministars serenade.
No these homeless people should be Soylent Green. Tat way the excess populace can be gotten rid off. These homeless ppl suffering will end. And minimal burdens on society n economy. And out of sight n out of mind. And the best is the pappies can stop pretending they care. Faking it is a burden on the pappies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about Sikh temples and Hindu temples? On Friday, go mosque?
sikh temple causes me to get sick from smelling too many turbans with unwashed hair, hindu temple causes me to puke with too much body and armpit odor, and mosque causes me to faint with bahu from stinky carpet as sweaty feet leave athlete foot smell on the rug. my sense of smell has improved thanks to learning how to sniff from puppy.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of jokes about these unfortunate lot because normally people do not expect it to happen to them until its too late .
In the meantime the PAP just continue with the self belief they are the best and therefore deserve to be the highest paid and keep on tightening regulations to control criticism of their establishment.
On the other hand its hard to sympathise with this group as they just sit they passively and do not take any pro active action to improve their lot-why sleep in the library when you can see your MP to complain or join the opposition and put pressure on this govt.

Last edited: