• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In praise of Cherie Chung...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone with sound horn or shazam would have been able to find out the names of those 2 songs. I knew the english song was by a chinese person. It has that very typical sappy sounding tune which western artists typically don't do.

I don't have shazam. All I had to do was listen to a few lines of those crappy, half baked lyrics, entered them into google, added the keyword "lyrics" and viola.

jw5

Loyal
Chow Yun Fatt is already a legend in HK cinema. To me his best work were the gangster/hero bloodshed movies in the 80s. I absolutely love <英雄本色> -- must have watched it 20 times already.

He was fantastic in this movie. Those were his best days, I have lost a little interest in him since he went hollywood and epic films like Crouching Tiger, etc. A Better Tomorrow also had 2 of my favourite HK stars in it, Leslie Cheung and Ti Lung.
But for anyone who hasn't done so, please don't bother watching the sequels.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was fantastic in this movie. Those were his best days, I have lost a little interest in him since he went hollywood and epic films like Crouching Tiger, etc. A Better Tomorrow also had 2 of my favourite HK stars in it, Leslie Cheung and Ti Lung.
Many Fatt Gor's fans here...
I prefer his early works like Woo Viet and 1941....
For gangster action my favorite next to better tomorrow is flaming brothers with an equally suave Alan Tang and Patrick Tse has a cameo.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My favourite scene was Hao Ge (Ti Lung) bandaging up Mark Gor's wounds on the mountain overlooking HK. Mark then says his reason for doing one last hit was not to show anyone he's the best, but to prove that he can reclaim something taken away from him. SOLID!

The other one was their carpark reunion .. "我等了你三年。。三年啊!"

Img262868828.JPG

Absolutely NO ONE ELSE can ever pull those 2 scenes off. Not even the best actors of Hollywood.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a little bit of insider story for 英雄本色. original lead only 2, 狄龙 and 张国荣 and 周润发was supporting role. you can see it in the show too as the story actually revolve more on 狄龙 and 张国荣. but when the show hit the cinema in HK, due to the response they even reprint the poster to put 周润发 in the lead list.

Last edited: