• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In memory of the Old Man - "a small development" called Nassim Jade

Micron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure but I know old man was upset in the 60s, with the daughter Sally Aw for funding a newspaper Eastern Sun which he said was communist vehicle and then that followed Slater Walker incident involving Haw Par shoes.

I believed SPH bought Haw Par Viila and they started this show theatre in the Villa that gave Gurmit Singh his start.

If not started by u, i would turn it into a LKY bashing thread.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does a CB kia peasant like you know about trading?

Nimpeh's profit from making one trade, you need to take two to three years to earn and that's why you'll forever live in a pigeon hole and take MRT for your transport.

hahaha...what about the other posts???
that u make money is your business...but u have been encouraging other people to take up short position....
u are the langjiao nang....go suck Merl's cock lah...

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....o-all-Keppel-Corp-amp-SembMarine-shareholders

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Boss, after J Ballas et al in the 1980's were caught in the forward contracts fiasco introduced by Tan Koon Suan during the Pan El crisis, City Bank was on the verge of putting J Ballas into bankruptcy.

On the eve of City Bank's action, Fred Lee's father came to Peter Fu's residence to seek his help to rescue J Ballas. If not for P Fu's timely intervention, Fred would have been made a bankrupt.

You can say Fred Lee and his family are beholden to Peter Fu.

You talking about Lee Hoon Leong, Freddie's father?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
P Fu's family and LKY's grandfather were from the same kampong in Indonesia, Bangka Island.

After agreeing to assist Fred Lee's J Ballas & Co, P Fu was quite stressed out and kept telling us that he couldn't say no to LKY father's request.

I thought LKY Grandfather was from Semarang, central java?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro.

Boss, after J Ballas et al in the 1980's were caught in the forward contracts fiasco introduced by Tan Koon Suan during the Pan El crisis, City Bank was on the verge of putting J Ballas into bankruptcy.

On the eve of City Bank's action, Fred Lee's father came to Peter Fu's residence to seek his help to rescue J Ballas. If not for P Fu's timely intervention, Fred would have been made a bankrupt.

You can say Fred Lee and his family are beholden to Peter Fu.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by marjojohn
Keppel in for more law suits and the technolggy of shipbuilding is no rocket science. Expect Keppel to drop to $1.50 and stay there for years before a decent rebound to $4 on property boom. Else if may even become a penny stock next yr.

soikee said:
You're a winner ... a rare find in this forum.

hahaha...collaboration to bait the naives????
really cb kias....

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok wrong tree there.
I wonder why the Aws donated land that eventually got sold by govt.....
I'm sure pappies are salivating at the thought of selling off haw par villa to bulid more condos.
The Aws descentants must be kicking themselves now.

Aw Tock Soon was in a hurry to migrate to Texas and he sold Jade House to HPL and Jit Poh Building to Ho Whye Cheong of Somerville Estate Pte Ltd.

Jade House sitting on 40,000 sq ft of freehold land was sold at $500 psf and Jit Poh Building was sold for $6m.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nimpeh's profit from making one trade, you need to take two to three years to earn and that's why you'll forever live in a pigeon hole and take MRT for your transport.

You've got the timeline with all the posts dated. Can't bluff. I think kuku deliberately missed some of the posts.
Of course you could've only bought only a % of what you claimed. Then again you could've also act humble and actually traded much more. That is of little concern to me.
My only concern is I missed out on the free tip.
Your posts always have substance as the inside scoop regarding Peter Fu
Pls dun let losers like kuku turn you away and keep you from posting in this forum.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha..Scroobal..you are the one who is hilarious here....roflmao..

Agreed. Even if the Old Man is impeachable, the govt/ PAP dominated parliament should not have monopolised the narrative..That's what CPIB/CAD are for..yes..the questions surrounding his brother and Pamelia were not satisfactorily dealt with in an open transparent manner..He may be innocent but his own conduct in shielding his family is questionable...if nothing is wrong, why fear the CPIB or CAD? His statement to parliament was nothing but a red herring..

His attempt for explaining away the discounts offered to him and his son to be honest was hilarious. I can imagine CPIB interrogating someone for receiving discounts.

CPIB: You are holding a public office and you are Division One officer and you think people give you discount because you are handsome?

Walter: My wife is a conveyancing expert and the best in the land. She did not ask about the discount because she knew that discounts are bullshit.

CPIB: So how did your wife value the property? Did an estimate fall from the sky

Walter: If there was something shady my wife would have not gone thru with it.

CPIB: Did anyone else get the special discount besides you and your son?

Walter: I don't know?

CPIB: So someone sell you a car, you just accept the price without checking.

Walter: I am a man of integrity, if there is something wrong I will donate the excess to charity.

CPIB: Just explain this. Do you think CPIB have a job if every Tom, Dick and Harry that holds an office of authority accepts items that are underpriced and then come out with a cock and bull story about accepting the price at face value. You think we are born yesterday.

Walter: But I am just recovering angioplasty and stent insert.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've got the timeline with all the posts dated. Can't bluff. I think kuku deliberately missed some of the posts.
Of course you could've only bought only a % of what you claimed. Then again you could've also act humble and actually traded much more. That is of little concern to me.
My only concern is I missed out on the free tip.
Your posts always have substance as the inside scoop regarding Peter Fu
Pls dun let losers like kuku turn you away and keep you from posting in this forum.

absolutely agree and i am with you on this. leave kuku to me. i am s'pore's very own dog whisperer - no dog is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate dogs, i train people. i am the dog whisperer.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT though successfully engaging the PAP and grassroots does not have the family influence of the Lee clan. Old man's wife was particularly well connected. Singapore no matter how you cut it is a trading centre and port and the old trading and banking families have a large influential stake. GCT mother was only a chinese teacher who raised him and his siblings by herself as their father passed away when they were young. Basically not connected. It was not a surprise that GCT persuaded Tony Tan to return to cabinet from OCBC as Tony provided the much needed ballast on this front. That mantle is now with Teo Chee Hean.

There are 3 incidents that comes to mind under GCT and his attempts to fix things.

1) Nassim Jade
2) Re-opening the case of 2 GIC traders for the Japan desk insider trading
3) PAP MP chairing Redas Heng Chiang Meng and the PAP MPs beholden to Far East and their conflict of interest. He managed to get rid of them at the next and last elections as a PM but this was the only break and an opportunity between Old man's wife and then niece taking over and looking after REDAS.

All 3 he made public but locals could not grasp what was going on.

It will be interesting if he wrote his autobiography.

This is true. I wonder what power they held over him and why he allowed it to be held over him. Must be that certain instruments of state such as the ISD, CPIB, ST, etc were very loyal to Old fart. but wooden had the power to replace the heads of all those departments in one swoop. Maybe he was balless too. When you are the PM, you have the power.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, even SGX publicly complained that HPL were refusing to cooperate not mention the shareholders of HPL who were vociferous in the press. I thought because of SGX, GCT was on the home run. It was not to be. Till this day I am sure that GCT regrets not giving it to CPIB.

For decades, CPIB receives monthly reports from various arms of the government and that includes the Civil Service and MPs spending more than their income. The returns are submitted by various Dept and Division heads. CPIB will then do discreet screening to see how a certain individual could afford a particular car or house or spend lavishly at nightclubs. More often than not, it will be the wealth of the in-laws. So this kind of screening would have been rudimentary.

Despite knowing that he and the son received discounts over and above than the rest, and the market norm of 5% for not only Nassim Jade but also 28 Scott, they did not screen previous purchases of the family for further evidence of unusual discounts and that includes their private investment vehicle.

It was old man that suggested going to Parliament and he did what he does best - mesmerise Singaporeans. GCT just prior to this capitulated knowing that he was checkmated and before old man did his spiel cleared old man in parliament. Dhanabalan provided the compulsory comedy routine by showing what a porlumpar he was. Remember it was Dhanabalan that formally bought Ho Ching into run Temasek.

The next day people were treating the old man as the victim. You just could not catch break.

Hahaha..Scroobal..you are the one who is hilarious here....roflmao..

Agreed. Even if the Old Man is impeachable, the govt/ PAP dominated parliament should not have monopolised the narrative..That's what CPIB/CAD are for..yes..the questions surrounding his brother and Pamelia were not satisfactorily dealt with in an open transparent manner..He may be innocent but his own conduct in shielding his family is questionable...if nothing is wrong, why fear the CPIB or CAD? His statement to parliament was nothing but a red herring..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
absolutely agree and i am with you on this. leave kuku to me. i am s'pore's very own dog whisperer - no dog is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate dogs, i train people. i am the dog whisperer.

He takes issue with bro 'encouraging' others here to short.
I know there are many stupid people here but I doubt anyone would trade stocks with REAL money solely because some moniker said so.
So now he fashion himself as SBF's resident naive fuck protector

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aw Tock Soon was in a hurry to migrate to Texas and he sold Jade House to HPL and Jit Poh Building to Ho Whye Cheong of Somerville Estate Pte Ltd.

Jade House sitting on 40,000 sq ft of freehold land was sold at $500 psf and Jit Poh Building was sold for $6m.

house of jade at nassim road

jadehse3.jpg

jadehse2.jpg

jadehse1.jpg

i remember visiting the jade house at nassim road with someone, who was connected with the aw family, in the 60s or early 70s. at that time, i did not quite appreciate the value of the jade pieces that were on display. to me, they were just carved stone pieces.

at the end of the 80s, the jade house at nassim road was torn down. today, in its place is a condominium.

the jade collection, which was priceless and quite unique, had taken more than 50 years to assemble through the joint efforts of the aw brothers, aw boon haw and aw boon par. it was housed in one of the aw mansions at nassim road, off orchard road.

the jade pieces, arranged in numerous cabinets, represented every important dynasty of china.

the tiger oil - house of jade itself repesented an unusual and memorable sight. it lay in a compound where sculptured models of gazellas, storks and lions were sert on the lawn; grottos, shrines and small caves were built into the rocks along the sides.

http://ivyidaong4.blogspot.sg/2009/02/house-of-jade-at-nassim-road-bottom-two.html

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
mansions-and-villas-of-the-past-house-of-jade.jpg

The Tiger Oil House of Jade at Nassim Road was the proud property of the famous Aw brothers, who displayed their large collection of jade in this house,

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
mansions-and-villas-of-the-past-house-of-jade.jpg

The Tiger Oil House of Jade at Nassim Road was the proud property of the famous Aw brothers, who displayed their large collection of jade in this house,

The Tiger Oil House of Jade at Nassim Road was the proud property of the famous Aw brothers, who displayed their large collection of jade in this house, open for public viewing in the 1930s.

The Aw brothers of Aw Boon Haw (1882-1954) and Aw Boon Par (1888-1944), being one of the most successful families in Singapore in the early 20th century, also owned the Haw Par Villa and the Tiger Balm Garden.

The vast collection in the House of Jade managed to escape the destruction of the Japanese Occupation during the Second World War. In 1979, the Aw family donated part of the collection to the National Museum of Singapore, whereas the mansion was demolished in the 80s. Today posh condominium Nassim Jade stands in its place.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
He takes issue with bro 'encouraging' others here to short.
I know there are many stupid people here but I doubt anyone would trade stocks with REAL money solely because some moniker said so.
So now he fashion himself as SBF's resident naive fuck protector
hahaha...u..a few minutes ago, u said u missed a good tip from soikee.....
now u blah, blah....like another typical cb kia....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ignore the bugger. He has not provided a single iota of information about anything. Kingrant and I spent sometime with him on Singapore history and that too he failed.

I suspect that unless it appeared in Straits Times, he cannot reconcile it in his mind.