• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In memory of the Old Man - "a small development" called Nassim Jade

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jacob Ballas the founder was a pioneer, respected business leader and philanthropist.
Ballas let the Lee wolves in the firm and became vickers Ballas after sold to Citicorp.....and later dbs vickers after sold to dbs.
Leegime practically swallowed Ballas and kicked him out. Fucking Lee bastards.

Interesting to note one of Freddy's son is working in OBS's HPL....

vickers is still a piece of shit stockbroker so no harm done.absolutely ghastly,prehistoric outdated software and ridiculous fees.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
House demolished in the 1980s. National Heritage Board formed circa1993. Part of Jade collections is now with the NHB donated by the Aw family.

Was told the house of jade was actually gazetted national heritage but OBS managed to get the status removed and tore down the house.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the discounts were appropriate, they would not have donated the discounted sums to charity.

giving away the discount to charity is an acknowledgement on their part that the discounts were inappropriate. it is morally indefensible to keep the discounts.

absolutely agree, and i am with you on this. i wonder if those investigated and charged by the cpib can offer to return their corruptly obtained $$$ and let AGC "no offence disclosed" the case? unlikely. impossible.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspapers/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19690823-1.2.91.aspx

I better share the link here on Ag Supt JS Khosa's dismissal lest the CB kia kukubird cum out to accuse me of being a loose cannon.

Against all odds, after his dismissal, Khosa went to the UK to pursue his law degree and later returned to practise in the style of JS Khosa Advocates & Solicitors.

Sadly he was only in his 50's when he suffered a fatal heart attack at the S'pore Cricket Club.

leave him alone. ignore him. i will 'play' with him when i am free. that's my kpi. other forummers should just focus on their prolific contributions here.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY boast of his wife being worth 20 million which is a pretty incredible sum in the 90s......how many people in the world are worth 20 million or more today?maybe 60,000 in a population of 7 billion?less than 0.001 percent?

i wonder how does a ordinary wife of a politician come to be worth 20 million when she doesnt seem to be involved in business or investment.

Hdb legal fees for the past 50 years until today alone would be in the billions.
Imagine every hdb buy and sell transaction charge few hundred.....for practically doing nothing except to stamp law firm's name.
As good as printing minting....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
House demolished in the 1980s. National Heritage Board formed circa1993. Part of Jade collections is now with the NHB donated by the Aw family.

Ok wrong tree there.
I wonder why the Aws donated land that eventually got sold by govt.....
I'm sure pappies are salivating at the thought of selling off haw par villa to bulid more condos.
The Aws descentants must be kicking themselves now.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In my opinion, Goh Chok Tong missed a glorious opportunity to damage and maybe even get rid of the Lees permanently from all facets of Singapore politics. The proper procedure and one that was implemented many times before was to activate the CPIB to investigate this whole case. Why the fuck did he arrow Richard Hu and Koh Beng Seng to investigate? They did not want it, its like dropping a hot potato on their laps. The CPIB was under his own office. He could have made sure they did their job right and investigate it properly. Of course, the Lees would have been found guilty of corruption, there is no 2 ways about it. And if there was a case to be made against them, they would have gone to court and Gay Loong would have been impeached. If the Lees were fined, imprisoned, and discredited, then that should have been the end of the dynasty. Gay Loong would never have made it to the post of PM, Whore Jinx would not have been CEO of Stomasick anymore (billions $ of taxpayer's money would have been saved), and Old Fart would never have been hanging around with the title of MM, and best of all, there would have been no state funeral for the Gecko. If only Wooden had shown some political acumen and intestinal fortitude, we would have been in a different world today. After all, Wooden owed them nothing, and they kept insulting him all the time. I would have thought he would be glad to have a chance to fuck them over. Too bad. sigh.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, Goh Chok Tong missed a glorious opportunity to damage and maybe even get rid of the Lees permanently from all facets of Singapore politics. The proper procedure and one that was implemented many times before was to activate the CPIB to investigate this whole case. Why the fuck did he arrow Richard Hu and Koh Beng Seng to investigate? They did not want it, its like dropping a hot potato on their laps. The CPIB was under his own office. He could have made sure they did their job right and investigate it properly. Of course, the Lees would have been found guilty of corruption, there is no 2 ways about it. And if there was a case to be made against them, they would have gone to court and Gay Loong would have been impeached. If the Lees were fined, imprisoned, and discredited, then that should have been the end of the dynasty. Gay Loong would never have made it to the post of PM, Whore Jinx would not have been CEO of Stomasick anymore (billions $ of taxpayer's money would have been saved), and Old Fart would never have been hanging around with the title of MM, and best of all, there would have been no state funeral for the Gecko. If only Wooden had shown some political acumen and intestinal fortitude, we would have been in a different world today. After all, Wooden owed them nothing, and they kept insulting him all the time. I would have thought he would be glad to have a chance to fuck them over. Too bad. sigh.

While GCT was the PM, never a doubt who really called the shots. Surely not Woody. Even a gentleman like Richard Hu had to acquiesce. The Lees own S'pore. The scandal surfaced. Imagine those which failed to see daylight. And we have idiots who continue to say LKY had only Singapore in his mind. Rubbish.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
While GCT was the PM, never a doubt who really called the shots. Surely not Woody. Even a gentleman like Richard Hu had to acquiesce. The Lees own S'pore. The scandal surfaced. Imagine those which failed to see daylight. And we have idiots who continue to say LKY had only Singapore in his mind. Rubbish.

This is true. I wonder what power they held over him and why he allowed it to be held over him. Must be that certain instruments of state such as the ISD, CPIB, ST, etc were very loyal to Old fart. but wooden had the power to replace the heads of all those departments in one swoop. Maybe he was balless too. When you are the PM, you have the power.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Jeffrey works for HPL. Ong's, Ban family and Fred's families are closely linked. There are folks here in this forum can describe in better details the connections.

Boss, after J Ballas et al in the 1980's were caught in the forward contracts fiasco introduced by Tan Koon Suan during the Pan El crisis, City Bank was on the verge of putting J Ballas into bankruptcy.

On the eve of City Bank's action, Fred Lee's father came to Peter Fu's residence to seek his help to rescue J Ballas. If not for P Fu's timely intervention, Fred would have been made a bankrupt.

You can say Fred Lee and his family are beholden to Peter Fu.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, after J Ballas et al in the 1980's were caught in the forward contracts fiasco introduced by Tan Koon Suan during the Pan El crisis, City Bank was on the verge of putting J Ballas into bankruptcy.

On the eve of City Bank's action, Fred Lee's father came to Peter Fu's residence to seek his help to rescue J Ballas. If not for P Fu's timely intervention, Fred would have been made a bankrupt.

You can say Fred Lee and his family are beholden to Peter Fu.

thanks. very informative.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks. very informative.

P Fu's family and LKY's grandfather were from the same kampong in Indonesia, Bangka Island.

After agreeing to assist Fred Lee's J Ballas & Co, P Fu was quite stressed out and kept telling us that he couldn't say no to LKY father's request.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keppel Corpse this morning gapped down and now passing at 4.89.

I hope I've shown to many here that we don't need to be like Johntan, zeroo, wunderfool, Scrooball, mojito et al who need to pander to the PAP to make money.
hahaha....those who followed the advice of empty vessel to short Keppel corpse (expected to go down to $3.00) would have been floating in Bedok Reservoir by now.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....those who followed the advice of empty vessel to short Keppel corpse (expected to go down to $3.00) would have been floating in Bedok Reservoir by now.....

a doggie should just remain a doggie. master what your trainers teach you first. please pee and shit at the designated area.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well done ... Keppel Corp has become Keppel Corpse and this morning I shorted 100 lots of Keppel Corpse at 5.70.

Today bought 100,000 Keppel Corp at 4.70 to cover my short position.

Boss your timing to square your short position yesterday was perfect. Congrats.

What prompted you to take your profits suddenly?

Thank you for congratulatory wishes.

Three reasons why I decided to square my KC short position yesterday:

1) KC was extremely oversold and its RSI yesterday morning was at its historic low of 10%.

2) $100,000 profit before commission within 5 trading days is quite substantial for me.

3) Too many domestic maids, taxi drivers and small-time traders were talking about shorting KC and the O & G sector.

KC today closed at 5.18 and if I had not squared my position I would have to give back $48,000.

What does a CB kia peasant like you know about trading?

Nimpeh's profit from making one trade, you need to take two to three years to earn and that's why you'll forever live in a pigeon hole and take MRT for your transport.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure but I know old man was upset in the 60s, with the daughter Sally Aw for funding a newspaper Eastern Sun which he said was communist vehicle and then that followed Slater Walker incident involving Haw Par shoes.

I believed SPH bought Haw Par Viila and they started this show theatre in the Villa that gave Gurmit Singh his start.

Ok wrong tree there.
I wonder why the Aws donated land that eventually got sold by govt.....
I'm sure pappies are salivating at the thought of selling off haw par villa to bulid more condos.
The Aws descentants must be kicking themselves now.