• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm shopping on the stock market tomorrow.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmoh dare to put their money where their mouth is to short Tesla then, useless evil filthy Malaysian dogs sons of whores only know how to use their filthy mouth and filthy hands to steal slander and harass me.
I did short Tesla. only a small position though.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
har?? :cautious:

we're talking about buy and selling stocks here. :o-o:
Isn’t that what people did to short Tesla too if they don’t like the leader so filthy Malaysian Indian sons of whores that hate me should follow Angmoh put their money where their filthy mouth is. But they no principle lah only know how to steal slander harass open filthy mouth no need put money in.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn’t that what people did to short Tesla too if they don’t like the leader so filthy Malaysian Indian sons of whores that hate me should follow Angmoh put their money where their filthy mouth is. But they no principle lah only know how to steal slander harass open filthy mouth no need put money in.
so the take away is that people who don't put money where their mouth is are not to be respected? well in any case, I shorted Tesla because of liquidity issues. I can't believe that guy can raise money like that. He's quite a cult leader.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the take away is that people who don't put money where their mouth is are not to be respected? well in any case, I shorted Tesla because of liquidity issues. I can't believe that guy can raise money like that. He's quite a cult leader.
Ya he is a cult leader with Tesla fans in the jury panel of his defamation law suit too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes exactly that’s the idea filthy people that don’t put their name or money into where their filthy mouth is are not to be respected.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a company is making record or very good profits and its share price is at a 5 year low due to the covid 19 fears, if u can hold for the long term, u just buy...if kiasee add one more "price below nav" criteria...its irrational fear of a virus with a very low mortality rate...do you think with all the smart people in the whole world they cant create a vaccine?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
today is the third day that wall street plummet...by next week time should be ripe.
Look at chart for support levels. And then queue to buy at those levels. If it breaks support then buy more at next support level.

Of course it depends on your risk appetite where you want to set those buy in levels. Do this for stocks or industries you are familiar with.

Sam lives in NZ and he likely familiar with airNZ stock. I dont know much about it but see that is has a high dividend payout but very lacklustre business and seems undervalued. Sam never said so but perhaps this is a dividend play for him

I prefer to invest in banks. They are broadly affected by anything and if they crash you can bet every stock out there is also down.

In times of a crisis some industries are harder hit than others. Hence those stocks will fall more. The worry is how long will those industries take to recover?

Banks earn from a broad array of industries. Hence even in one crisis they might earn from another. But because of overall fear and panic people sell everything.

During the oil price crash in 2015 and 2016 I purchased CIBC and Bank of Nova Scotia and TransCanada pipeline (now TC energy). Canada is actually doing pretty ok now in the east. Hence the banks are all up. Meanwhile pipelines are all at capacity. Meaning the drop in oil price does nothing to their day to day business.

Likely that I will pick up some Canadian bank stocks this time round. Plus all those stocks I mentioned are dividend plays too.

Sweet when you get dividend and stock price gains.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The best stocks to buy of course are the ones that gives consistent dividends.

There are those who are very clever and buy stocks that are multi baggers. Usually you must know the inside of that industry.

For myself I see investing as parking my money so that it keeps up or beats inflation.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at chart for support levels. And then queue to buy at those levels. If it breaks support then buy more at next support level.

Of course it depends on your risk appetite where you want to set those buy in levels. Do this for stocks or industries you are familiar with.

Sam lives in NZ and he likely familiar with airNZ stock. I dont know much about it but see that is has a high dividend payout but very lacklustre business and seems undervalued. Sam never said so but perhaps this is a dividend play for him

I prefer to invest in banks. They are broadly affected by anything and if they crash you can bet every stock out there is also down.

In times of a crisis some industries are harder hit than others. Hence those stocks will fall more. The worry is how long will those industries take to recover?

Banks earn from a broad array of industries. Hence even in one crisis they might earn from another. But because of overall fear and panic people sell everything.

During the oil price crash in 2015 and 2016 I purchased CIBC and Bank of Nova Scotia and TransCanada pipeline (now TC energy). Canada is actually doing pretty ok now in the east. Hence the banks are all up. Meanwhile pipelines are all at capacity. Meaning the drop in oil price does nothing to their day to day business.

Likely that I will pick up some Canadian bank stocks this time round. Plus all those stocks I mentioned are dividend plays too.

Sweet when you get dividend and stock price gains.
hey you missed your calling lah...