• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm shopping on the stock market tomorrow.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
HUGE discounts available.

Screenshot 2020-02-25 19.57.40.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would hold off until the weekend at least.

Something big might happen. :wink:

Medical-related stocks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I would hold off until the weekend at least.

Something big might happen. :wink:

Medical-related stocks.

I did that sort of thing in the past and it never worked. It's impossible to catch the exact right moment. The shares are going at a discount so I'm buying.

After I buy I don't bother tracking.

When things are back to normal I'll take a look at the price again and if it's up by more than 10% I'll sell. If it's not I'll take a look at the dividend payout and if that looks healthy I'll wait for the dividend.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
awesome tips! kumsia! :thumbsup:

A note of caution. Stick to those you know have sufficient resources to ride out the turmoil. EG for Air New Zealand the government will never allow it to go belly up so you know they'll still be around when the dust settles.

Flight Centre isn't as risk free as Air NZ but they've been around for a long time and are profitable so they should be able to ride the storm too. However don't throw your life savings into flight centre only money that you are prepared to punt with. I'm buying approx $40,000 worth of shares.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
A note of caution. Stick to those you know have sufficient resources to ride out the turmoil. EG for Air New Zealand the government will never allow it to go belly up so you know they'll still be around when the dust settles.

Flight Centre isn't as risk free as Air NZ but they've been around for a long time and are profitable so they should be able to ride the storm too. However don't throw your life savings into flight centre only money that you are prepared to punt with. I'm buying approx $40,000 worth of shares.
thanks for the caution. will take heed. :smile: and because I'm pretty sure of the outcome, my gratitude in advance. :thumbsup: :notworthy:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe should wait a wee bit longer before splurging.

Dow Jones I.A.
DJSE

Current price
  • -3.56%

Percentage change

Price change

Value

Source: WebFG - 24th Feb 2020

Global stock markets plunge on coronavirus fears
  • 9 hours ago
  • 574comments