• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

idiot! what is so difficult about throwing grenade?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh I did my 'BMT' in OCS SAFTI....9 SMC....dunno who more lao jiao leh? :rolleyes:

lianbeng was a trainee at old Pasir Laba Camp SAFTI leh! :biggrin: kana tekan jialat jialat by siao corporal! even heavy rain also doing push-up, chin-up n 5KM run! Tiger Hong was my RSM leh!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wondered about you. An extension of your logic is that SAF should have made the NCOs and the lower ranks Officers because they are capable and the Officers who were screened based on a number of attributes should be posted as lower ranks as they are incapable.

i can understand that there will be a minority of officers that can't make it.

Does your argument make sense. Sometimes you hear this kind of talk from taxi drivers.

KNN, some of u in this forum claimed to be occifier yet all condemn the recruit for being a kan cheong spider. Tiu... As far as I am concern, the keling safety occificer screwed up. He should had seen the recruit didn't hold the grenade correctly in the first place. He ASSUMED the recruit know after the practice throw. If he wasn't injured and the recruit die, he should be hauled to DB. That why I always believe that occifiers posted to training centres ALL cannot make it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng was a trainee at old Pasir Laba Camp SAFTI leh! :biggrin: kana tekan jialat jialat by siao corporal! even heavy rain also doing push-up, chin-up n 5KM run! Tiger Hong was my RSM leh!

Then lianbeng is my senior.....my time tiger hong already promoted to LTA as staff officer.
Recently passed by his security office in Jalan Berseh.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr scroobal, u can wonder what ever u like. So I now an uncouth taxi driver so be it. What wrong in getting capable and have leadership quality in command. So u want you child to be train by a half past six trainer during his NSF. I went thru some life and death situations during NSF and saw idiotic orders given by officers with no regards to safety to the men. I seen a section mate being heli evac in tekong because the 2lt tekan him. I been to excerise with regulars captains and majors who were undergoing convertion course to armour. The trainee major order us to charge over open ground to clear MG. If real bullets, the whole platoon would have be mow down in 20m. So I see saf officers no up, if u not happy about it that just too bad.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then you would have known "peng Kang hill" as a good friend?:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And in case uncle u never threw a grenade before, there a standard sop that the recruit must do in full view of the safety officer. Every steps can only be done after the officer order. The safety officer shd ensure the safety lever is being hold by the ball of the palm and the recruit grip the grenade properly before order the recruit to pull out the safety pin.

ShangTsung

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NSF officer & recruit injured during grenade throwing training

NSF officer & recruit injured during grenade throwing training

20130308.221754_grenade.jpg

The Straits Times
Friday, Mar 08, 2013

SINGAPORE - Safety officer Second Lieutenant Kamalasivam S/O Shanmuganathan and recruit Abdul Hamid Bin Abdul Smad were injured when the latter accidentally released the hand grenade lever while pulling out the safety pin at about 10.45am, said Mindef in a statement.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

This is the statement from MINDEF: At 10.45am today, two Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) full-time National Servicemen (NSFs), Safety Officer Second Lieutenant (2LT) Kamalasivam S/O Shanmuganathan and Recruit (REC) Abdul Hamid Bin Abdul Smad were injured while participating in a live hand grenade training at Pulau Tekong.

The practice throw earlier the same morning had proceeded without incident. But for the actual throw, REC Abdul Hamid accidentally released the hand grenade lever while pulling out the safety pin.

2LT Kamalasivam, the Safety Officer, immediately instructed REC Abdul Hamid to throw the grenade towards the designated impact area. 2LT Kamalasivam then pulled REC Abdul Hamid down to take cover in the grenade throwing bay and shielded him. The grenade detonated in mid-air away from the bay.

REC Abdul Hamid sustained an injury to a finger on his right hand while 2LT Kamalasivam was injured on his left shoulder. Both servicemen were treated on site and subsequently sent to Changi General Hospital (CGH) at 11.45am. Both are stable and conscious, and currently under observation in the general ward in CGH.

Live hand grenade training has been suspended until investigations are completed. The alertness and quick action of 2LT Kamalasivam averted more serious injury to both the recruit and himself.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: NSF officer & recruit injured during grenade throwing training

come to think of it, if the safety lever is off, just roll it out of the bunker and squat down. only need to make sure the grenade didn't drop within the bunker. iirc, the bunker parapet has a slope which allows objects to roll outside the bunker.

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NSF officer & recruit injured during grenade throwing training

come to think of it, if the safety lever is off, just roll it out of the bunker and squat down. only need to make sure the grenade didn't drop within the bunker. iirc, the bunker parapet has a slope which allows objects to roll outside the bunker.

soldiers these days always wait for next instructions...
in the old hokkien peng day, everything automatic one...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walls Are More Dangerous

You're not supposed to hit the dummy on the head, you dummy.
It may bounce off his head and ricochet back to you or one of your compatriots.

It does make sense if the granade hits a hard object like a helmet. But, I think that a grenade is too heavy and ineffective to bounce far enough to cause any danger to your own troop in an open field. The buildings' walls are more dangerous since you may overetimate their distances.

They should use air strikes for bigger troops with armour units.

air-strike-on-the-reagan-report.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Walls Are More Dangerous

Throwing a grenade requires skill.

[video=youtube;xOrgLj9lOwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk[/video]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
734167_10151337806937934_248948611_n.jpg

army09313e.jpg

Remember his face, if at war, he posted into your unit, shoot him at the back, before he killed the whole fxxking platoon.