• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ice cream

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI friends,

I hope members can help me on this matter. Times are real bad and I need to have an income. So I want to ride bicycle along the streets and put ice cream at the back of my bicycle and sell to the public. So where and how do I apply for a licence to sell this ice cream.
Thanks in advance.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why u need to ask here? typical singaporean you.....just go do it !
i have seen teenagers selling ice cream in styrofoam boxes - and no one ask them for license. For everyone that ask you for license - there will be 3 who won't

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never done this before and don't know the steps involved. But I think you will need a hawker's licence. Actually there are no more true hawkers in Singapore as they are now located in food courts and are no longer "on the go" as in the 60s and 70s. With branded ice-cream, you'd have to compete against very well established names like Swenson's, might be a better chance if you go along the old times type ice cream sandwiched between two slices of bread. Those nostalgic guys who spot your trishaw on the street might go for it and decide to give their kids a treat as well. Good luck!

Cheers!

THe ice cream I intent to sell is branded such as magnolia etc.
Thanks

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THe ice cream I intent to sell is branded such as magnolia etc.
Thanks

Whom did you vote for? that gave you an education, you cannot understand to use google?? http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2012/120912_arrested_in_tampines_G.htm
Any simpleton in SINgapore, will tell you, you do hawking...the "te gu" will come after you?, who is the "te gu", in the past , it was MOE, now NEA...

There was a law that states that you cannot sell ice cream within certain meters from a school or places of learning....later they relented when may were out of work, they are allowed from push cart at certain designated places...to sell ice creams, door to door, or by push cart...you have to get licencing from NEA & then Min of health for that food handling course & then jabs...

I don't do this..but I have read up in the past & "GOOGLED"...