• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"I will only fight to protect my fellow Singaporeans"...says NS Reservist

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extracted from : http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Columnists/Insight-Down-South.aspx?c=%7b3054A244-0EAD-4847-A743-A2610B82E86B%7d

Two months ago in an online discussion whether NS-men would defend a Singapore dominated by foreigners, a reservist soldier wrote a response online addressed “to rich foreigners living in Singapore”.

He said that outsiders were all impressed by what Singapore has to offer to wealthy foreigners.

These included safe streets, low crime and a safe environment to bring up a family and freedom to live a lavish lifestyle, he said.

“This security that you enjoy is not free and does not come easily.Singapore does not have a highly paid professional army.

“It is largely made up of part-time conscripts of ordinary Singaporean men. Hundreds of thousands of ordinary Singaporean men like myself shed blood, sweat and tears. Some have even lost their lives just to provide this security.”

“Will Singaporean NS-men like myself lay my life on the line to protect foreigners here? I’m afraid that’s a BIG NO! Why should we? Sorry but you and your family are on your own!I will only fight to protect my fellow Singaporeans. No more no less,” he said.

There is no indication that his views reflect those of the general body of reservists, but it is nevertheless disturbing.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk cock no brain statement. Once you decide to defend the country, u will inevitably defend the foreigners in here. Does he mean during the time of war, he has time to check for NRIC before carrying out rescue work or what?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“This security that you enjoy is not free and does not come easily.Singapore does not have a highly paid professional army.

Nonsense, regulars are paid pretty well for doing nothing.

“It is largely made up of part-time conscripts of ordinary Singaporean men. Hundreds of thousands of ordinary Singaporean men like myself shed blood, sweat and tears. Some have even lost their lives just to provide this security.”

Sinkie army have never gone into any confrontation before.

Those who died happened during peace time.

“Will Singaporean NS-men like myself lay my life on the line to protect foreigners here? I’m afraid that’s a BIG NO! Why should we? Sorry but you and your family are on your own!I will only fight to protect my fellow Singaporeans. No more no less,” he said

Who did he vote for?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always look forward to that survey at the end of every reservist ICT. It used to be pencil shading on an OMR form, recently they have changed it to inputting your answers via a wireless handheld device.

There are quite a number of silly questions in that survey, asking you if you are willing to lay down your life and fight for Singapore, how confident are you of the SAF operational readiness, how confident are you of your commanders to lead you to war etc.

That button for 'Strongly Disagree' always got finger raped hard. And I'm quite sure it's not just me. :wink:

“Will Singaporean NS-men like myself lay my life on the line to protect foreigners here? I’m afraid that’s a BIG NO! Why should we? Sorry but you and your family are on your own!I will only fight to protect my fellow Singaporeans. No more no less,” he said.

That's disturbing? I won't even fight at all. I see no tangible benefits to be worth the risk of fighting, and Singapore's sovereignty isn't worth anything to me - there's not much emotional attachment to it.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always look forward to that survey at the end of every reservist ICT. It used to be pencil shading on an OMR form, recently they have changed it to inputting your answers via a wireless handheld device.

There are quite a number of silly questions in that survey, asking you if you are willing to lay down your life and fight for Singapore, how confident are you of the SAF operational readiness, how confident are you of your commanders to lead you to war etc.

That button for 'Strongly Disagree' always got finger raped hard. And I'm quite sure it's not just me.
I always answer strongly agree to whatever the top wants to hear, just in case they decide to hold me back for a while more to "further understand" my opinion. Book out and fuck off ASAP is the aim.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I always answer strongly agree to whatever the top wants to hear, just in case they decide to hold me back for a while more to "further understand" my opinion. Book out and fuck off ASAP is the aim.

next time can just be truthful to yourself.

no one gives a shit to what was submitted anyway.

it's just another item on the training program.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That button for 'Strongly Disagree' always got finger raped hard. And I'm quite sure it's not just me. :wink:

can't remember the survey has this questions. anyway the survey is just for statistics recording purposes. nothing will change. i just anyhow press the buttons and hand back the device.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It won't happen, because the survey is anonymous.

In fact, hypothetically, they could hold me back until 2359 on the last day to 'further understand' my opinion, I still won't change my answers.

Go ahead and try me.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So when there is recall, I mean real one, go to camp, draw arms and ammunition and go home (desert the camp)....???

Extracted from : http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Columnists/Insight-Down-South.aspx?c=%7b3054A244-0EAD-4847-A743-A2610B82E86B%7d

Two months ago in an online discussion whether NS-men would defend a Singapore dominated by foreigners, a reservist soldier wrote a response online addressed “to rich foreigners living in Singapore”.

He said that outsiders were all impressed by what Singapore has to offer to wealthy foreigners.

These included safe streets, low crime and a safe environment to bring up a family and freedom to live a lavish lifestyle, he said.

There is no indication that his views reflect those of the general body of reservists, but it is nevertheless disturbing.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So when there is recall, I mean real one, go to camp, draw arms and ammunition and go home (desert the camp)....???

You'll know when you finally get out of primary school.

Army (and reservist) is still a long long time away.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't remember the survey has this questions. anyway the survey is just for statistics recording purposes. nothing will change. i just anyhow press the buttons and hand back the device.

It's not a good idea to anyhow press the buttons. There are some questions pertaining to the quality of the food, the facilities, the military store, the logistics, the medical services etc. You need to constantly remind the SAF how fucked up those are (or more politely, there's still much room for improvement), so that they will be improved.

If the SAF is going to waste years of my life on conscription, I'll make sure to extract every possible thing from it as compensation. I am an NS slave, I am not much different from a comfort woman serving her Japanese military imperialist masters. They owe me everything.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a war does break out in Sinkieland, Pinky and his family will be the first ones to flee to United Stasi of A.

objectively. the Singapore government of the day has to seriously consider leaving the country in the event of a war in Singapore. this country is so small. it's not like the government can relocate from west to east of the island to conduct the war in a safe location. if Singapore is conquered, our leaders are all captured, then it's the end. if our leaders survive, we shall live to fight another day.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion there is not much to defend in Spore. Many of the old places that I remember have all been demolished. My home only has a 99 lease. I can't afford a car. I pay world class rates for a suspect health care system.

If the Malaysian, Indonesian, China.... take over how will it personally affect me:confused: They are already in Spore, so life will probably go on as usual. The only difference is that we may have a cheaper gov't without any NS.