• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I managed to find a job

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
After I was recently retrenched I was very depressed and was afraid I will let my family down

Now I have found a new job totally different from my past sales job

Although I will have zero commission, the new job is a super safe one

I didn't want to do it at first, but I put my pride aside and SIGNED ON WITH THE SAF

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safe? not really, it will be worst when ur contract is due..I was uniform sign on, and the best decision I ever made in my life is to quit the civil service

Now recession, I got no choice, everybody I applied to didn't even called me but SAF hired me straight away

So I am grateful at least I still have income

Let all the idealists scold me condemn me and call me stupid and unambitious I don't care

I need to care for my family first

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now recession, I got no choice, everybody I applied to didn't even called me but SAF hired me straight away

So I am grateful at least I still have income

Let all the idealists scold me condemn me and call me stupid and unambitious I don't care

I need to care for my family first

What is the rank of your position?

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
After I was recently retrenched I was very depressed and was afraid I will let my family down

I didn't want to do it at first, but I put my pride aside and SIGNED ON WITH THE SAF

i also left from uniform group and never regret. anyway happy for u to have a job now in such situation. but don't stop there, equip urself with more skill as possible at the moment, saf now can provide u a job but never stable, saf is a ass for that, and once again enjoy ur job and good luck.:smile:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Take this time to upgrade and study. I don't think any skills in SAF will be marketable in the private sector unless you joined the civil service, which you already are. There is expiry date and you may force to retire early depending on ranks.

Anyway, good for you, and there is one less competitor for jobs in the private sector because not everyone is keen to become a civil servant.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The "bee" is made of iron, which can last very long in the stomach until this crisis ended. He won't go hungry which is good.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As long as it's an honest day's work and pay for the food, mortgage and you are able to take care of your family. That's what count most.

I am happy for you.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't expect any sympathy / good advice in this forum

peoples here are sarcastic, unforgiving, biased perceptive.

I like the laughs / taunts of some threads but just don't take some guys here too seriously.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

good for you and your family. congrat. if you cannot beat them, join them.

i wish my friend who own me money will be like you, he insist not to work with pap no matter what. he said he rather go hungry than work with pap, recently he ask me to lend him money, i refused, i guess he is at the free vege queue somewhere.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

congrats

at least you did something about your situation inlike many others who keep whining and asking for help and borrow money

bloody parasites of society

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats

at least you did something about your situation inlike many others who keep whining and asking for help and borrow money

bloody parasites of society

The fucking parasites are stinking bastard Lee Kuan Yew who sucked and stole 400-500++ billions into his Temasick and GIC.

Then there are even lower parasites of running dogs such as you licking crumbs from LKY to write rubbish here.

LEE KUAN YEW LOST AND LOST DUNNO HOW MANY BILLIONS IN TEMASICK AND GIC

EVEN MORE BILLIONS HE THREW AWAY TO HIS DOGS AND COCKROACHES SO THEY CAN TAKE FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

LKY NEED MORE BILLIONS FROM SINKIES WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND FROM THOSE WHO VOIDED THEIR VOTES

EVEN IF YOU VOTE AGAINST HIM, NO DIFFERENCE.

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT AS SINKIES DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH TO KICK OUT THAT VAMPIRE BASTARD LKY

SO EXPECT EVERYTHING IN SINGAPORE TO GO UP AND UP

BASTARD LKY NEED YOUR $$$$$

HE SCREW YOU AND DEMAND THAT YOU THANK HIM FOR HIS FUCKING 'SUBISIDIESD BULLSHIT' AND 'AFFORDABLE' CON-TALK.

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.

THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

NOT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Sinkies must organise themselves

Show that they got balls and can stand up to LKY intimidation.

Big money at stake.

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

SAFE? SAF will not keep you for long.

Your long absence from your working experiences will have a great impact for you to return to the private sector will be even harder unless you take up security job.

So long you are below 30, you can still reverse but once you hit above 30, you are goner.

Best is to stick in private sector while your past experiences is an asset and useful in times to come.

By the way, all the best with SAF.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is wonderful to hear you have secured a job. We understand the mental grief you have suffered since you lost your job until now. For the present, it does not matter what you do as long as it is an honest living and I am sure your family is proud of you.

However, as some have said, just do this to ride out the economic storm but do keep on arming yourself with relevant skills to fit yourself into the private sector so that when the situation turns for the better go forth and strike gold.

Wish you all the best for now and in your future. Congratulations.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good for you. Dont bother what others say. Survival is for your family.
Better than me, jobless for almost 4 years and spent my time gambling
to earn money.
By the way, shouldn't you be playing for AC Milan or Man City ? heehee,:biggrin:

Good Luck.

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
now the most important thing is to have a job la....at least with a job ..you can manage your expenses..without a job...no money....shack