• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I hope I do not get covid. I am serious, not joking. I am worried.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
only tcm advocates this stupid concept of "heatiness". the real underlying cause could be laryngopharyngeal reflux (lpr) due to the consumption of acid-reflux inducing food. she must have seen a tcm quack. real docs trained in real medicine don't diagnose cases as "heatiness" which is pure garbage.
View attachment 75076
could be anything. could also be psychosomatic reflex or stress-induced autonomic reflex.

and nice list there! wonder what methodology they used to compile that list? :biggrin::biggrin:

:roflmao:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how our beloved linguistic master Claire is doing ? I hope her six-figure pay isn't affected in anyway whatsoever during this tumultuous period. Saying this cos even senior pilots also heong-gan liao.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how our beloved linguistic master Claire is doing ? I hope her six-figure pay isn't affected in anyway whatsoever during this
tumultuous period. Saying this cos even senior pilots also heong-gan liao.
one solasfera diamond can tide over 6.9 months of downturn.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how our beloved linguistic master Claire is doing ? I hope her six-figure pay isn't affected in anyway whatsoever during this tumultuous period. Saying this cos even senior pilots also heong-gan liao.

@Claire is another smear of shit on used tissue paper languishing in a toilet not cleaned up for months in the Dorm. Until that tissue got peed on and woke her up.
She then came here armed with Thesauruses to dig our fucking words from and spinning she getting 7 figure pay bullshit and wanking wanking away while typing her fucking rubbish and self serving praises and her slimy venom and puke away.

Middle finger emoji gif 2 » GIF Images Download

1585497003500.png

lee hsien loong | edmw animated gif

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
only tcm advocates this stupid concept of "heatiness". the real underlying cause could be laryngopharyngeal reflux (lpr) due to the consumption of acid-reflux inducing food. she must have seen a tcm quack. real docs trained in real medicine don't diagnose cases as "heatiness" which is pure garbage.
View attachment 75076

You must understand the social religious and cultural background of your patient to better appreciate their perception of disease and wellness.

The heaty and cooling theories are Chinese. From centuries ago. Before they understood the scientific basis for it. Observations without science to explain it. Hence things like wood fire water metal earth and the relationship between these concepts.

I find these useful when talking to patients who strongly believe in it and totally reject western medicine but for some reason are in a western clinic? For consult and treatment.

Must speak in their lingo.

Better still throw in some other theories to confound.

For example the acid-alkaline diet theory.

Go round and round till you can find common ground with your patient.

You have a combination of excessive heaty and acidity. Hence you need alkalinic diet and foods to help cool you down.

I will give you some of these proton pump blockers to reduce acidity and thus cool you down.

Alkali is bitter. This is why Oldenlandia water is cooling! It is alkali! Good to help you reduce heatiness too.

This is how you explain to a super staunch TCM obsessed chinese patient what treatment for GERD they should take.

For more cheemness you can also ask....lately you been feeling worried about things right? If they say yes then you say your liver lah. Liver qi stagnate and block. Need to exercise and cut down fatty food.

If they say not worried then you say contemplating ie think a lot about things right? Sure say yes. That's your earth stomach all clogged up. Cut down on junk food and starchy stuff.

Everyone feels better when they stop taking junk food.

Have to talk the lingo your patient wants not what the doctor wants.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You must understand the social religious and cultural background of your patient to better appreciate their perception of disease and wellness.

The heaty and cooling theories are Chinese. From centuries ago. Before they understood the scientific basis for it. Observations without science to explain it. Hence things like wood fire water metal earth and the relationship between these concepts.

I find these useful when talking to patients who strongly believe in it and totally reject western medicine but for some reason are in a western clinic? For consult and treatment.

You have a combination of excessive heaty and acidity. Hence you need alkalinic diet and foods to help cool you down.

I find the Chinese to be very dumb because they hang on to concepts that have no scientific basis whatsoever.

BTW have you ever prescribed a dose of blood letting to make a patient happy?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for sinkie auntie, one way to cool her down is to give her a free mask and say she’s sweet. for sinkie unker, samsung phone discount or 4d number.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I find the Chinese to be very dumb because they hang on to concepts that have no scientific basis whatsoever.

BTW have you ever prescribed a dose of blood letting to make a patient happy?
Lol!

I had a Chinese PRC patient who would come to me at my clinic in Calgary and want me to release blood for him. He kept saying he had been having headaches. I told him I dont do acupuncture in canada I am not licensed in canada to do it. He kept saying save me save me I have stroke!

So i sent him to the ED.

ED sent him for a CT head.

Turns out he had a brain tumor.

Never. Never. Prejudge your patients. No matter how crazy or ridiculous and stupid it sounds. Cos that is how you get caught out.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
There was also another PRC guy who wanted me to do an ultrasound of his liver for his employment checkup for work in Saudi. His china oil company was sending him there but the China company want to save money by getting the public health care system to do the scan for free.

The fella kept saying he has no symptoms whatsoever nothing no pain no problem. Which made if difficult for me to justify why in the world the radiologist would need to do an ultrasound.

So I had to tell him sorry then you really have to pay for it first. Then claim from your company. He kept saying why need to pay? I kept trying to explain the radiologist will think I am a moron to request a ultrasound for totally asymptomatic patient.

In the end I told him sorry. You just have to pay for it. If we do find something then I can request for the charges to be refunded to him.

The report came back and found that he had liver cancer. When I told him the diagnosis and said I was going to refer him to hepatology and cancer centre first thing he said is.....so can I get my refund.

I said sure! I will request for you.

I dunno man. As a doctor you meet really nut jobs around.