• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Have Submitted My Resignation Yesterday!

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, submitted my resignation yesterday giving the company 1 month notice. Big boss thought I am unhappy with the company, called me into his office immediately to talk, but after telling him about me going Australia to study, he give me his blessing :wink: He asked me who I think is the best person to replace me, straightaway I told him the Sinkie guy. When he asked me about that lazy talkbig bastard pinoy cockroach, I give him my honest assessment and opinion. Later in the day, I saw my sinkie colleague being called into his office, and I knew he got promoted to take over my job. :wink: He came out like kena strike lottery, knn face grinning from ear to ear :rolleyes: After he hand over his duties to another person, I will start to hand over my stuff to him - told him to start immediately as I got a week of leave to offset, so only left 3 weeks in the company.

Why I resigned? Becos I managed to convinced my mom about my plan to study in Australia and stay there. After weeks of pestering and reasoning with her, she finally relented :p My term will only start in Early Feb, so I taking a break and probably go Hatyai to say my final farewell to my tirak. Will be going to Aussieland in mid-Jan, so gonna miss celebrating CNY with my family :( I ordered ipad4 for my mom so that we can keep in contact over Facetime. :smile:

Adios!
I dont believe. Who so stupid as to go get a degree in Aus at such a late age and dont know hope for what? Why must ask your mummy? Grow up.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old is Bus 64?

Not too late if compared to this guy...

article-2147643-1335572F000005DC-847_634x742.jpg

'I'm just a late bloomer': Britain's oldest student graduates with a degree in military intelligence aged 91 :eek:
Bertie Gladwin left school aged 14 with no interest in academia after he was put in the low ability class by teachers
Today his has a total of three degrees and is even considering doing a PhD
He says that his time at university has helped him understand young people and hopes he showed them that 'old people aren't too bad either'

Students at the University of Buckingham may not have noticed Bertie Gladwin all that much while he was studying for a masters degree in military intelligence.
He wasn't there at freshers' week and he probably didn't indulge in many raucous nights out or beer-fueled bar crawls.
But nevertheless Britain's oldest student has proved that it's better late than never.
Mr Gladwin, who left school at 14 with no interest in academia, has now graduated aged 91 with a distinction in a Masters degree after a career in the secret service.
Rather than studying at home, the energetic pensioner packed his bag and headed into lectures and seminars with the rest of the post-grad students, who were all in their early 20s.

Like any other student, the Mr Gladwin turned up late for his first lecture and got lost in the maze of corridors at university.
The World War Two veteran was also confused by computers, which he had never used before he retied in 1987, and regularly deleted whole essays by mistake.
But while he struggled with some aspects of modern learning, the senior student had no problem getting to grips with his degree - after two decades working through the intelligence history he was studying.

As a determined youngster Mr Gladwin rose from his first job as a grocery delivery boy to become a radio communications engineer with the Foreign Office and secret service.
As soon as he spotted the degree Mr Gladwin - who still sends Morse Code messages to friends across the world - knew it was perfect for him.
Impressively, his masters is the third degree he has bagged since retiring 25 years go, after he completing a BA in Psychology and a BSc in Microbiology through the Open University.
The graduate, of Milton Keynes, Bucks, admitted today that he was a 'late bloomer' and revealed he was even considering tackling on a PhD.
Mr Gladwin said: 'Most of what we handled isn't secret anymore of course, in fact I had to study some of it for my Masters.

'It was a strange feeling to be reading about history in a textbook that you lived through yourself.
'When I started I was worried about being up to the challenge but once I got
there I realised I could have been the most qualified person ever to do that
course.'
He added: 'At the start of the course I have to admit I was a little embarrassed at first, I didn't know what would be expected of me.
'On the first day I couldn't find the class so I was around 20 minutes late and had to creep in the back of the room
'You are never too old to learn, it's a pleasure to be able to carry on learning through your life and makes the experience all the more enjoyable.
'Of course our memories aren't as good as they once were but you can still keep up and participate.
'I found that my humour hadn't changed that much, even if I did seem a bit old-fashioned compared to my friends we had a lot of laughs.'

'Going to university changed my whole attitude towards young people and I hope maybe I have shown them old people aren't too bad either.'
Mr Gladwin graduated in March this year - just before his birthday, aged 90 - and was proudly watched by his wife Wendy, 79, who encouraged him to try university despite not even having A-levels.
Most of Mr Gladwin's essays were inspired by the two decades working at Hanslope Park, Bucks, which famously became the successor to Bletchley Park for British Intelligence.
He completed his final thesis on the role of the Special Operations Executive (SOE) in France during the Second World War, and gained a distinction.
His proud graduation came after he started earned just 14 shillings a week (60p) when in his first job delivering groceries in Dulwich, London.

He later switched to work as a barrister's clerk before signing up for the RAF aged 19, to fight in World War Two.
Mr Gladwin, who had been interested in radios since he was nine, was assigned to the Signallers and dispatched to the Middle East for the remainder of the war.
While he was posted in the desert he stumbled across the complete works of Freud in a military camp library and his 60 year interest in psychology.
When Mr Gladwin returned to Britain he became a flight radio officer on commercial planes, before being signed up by the Foreign Office to maintain MI6 communication links across the world.

He said: 'When I retired I became less active and thought that going back to my studies would delay the onset of senility.
'I wanted to keep my brain active and learn more about something that had always interested me.'
Mr Gladwin completed his first degree, a BA in psychology from the Open University in his mid sixties and followed it up with a BSc in Molecular biology which he finished in just two years, as he turned 70.
He took the British record for senior studying from the previous 89-year-old title holder.
The current world record is currently held by a 96-year-old philosophy graduate from China.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which uni u going?

How old are you? If its interests and not means to an end then go for it........if you think an additional degree would help in your career then forget it.

going to study for what purpose?

Very abnormal for one to resign in November. Most will stick until after December to get the annual bonus, then resign.

He so tua kang, won't reply to you guys 1 lah. Most like kenna retrenched, make way for FTs, lol

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Consider emigration once you're done with your studies.

I would say start looking into the process in the first year of the degree, a bit of advance planning will do no harm, at least he'll be familiar with the process & would be able to work towards it.:smile: wait until after finish his course, sekali too late or fail application becos didn't have this or that criteria.. jialat have to come back to SG with his tail between his legs!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also want to but I have a kid and wife to think about. I don't think I can make this decision unilaterally expecting them to sacrifice their friends and family here.

Start talking to your family, if you think it's for the better, that you can give them a better quality of life there, that your kids will have a better future there, why not? Our ancestors probably left China with the same thoughts in their minds & ended up staying in SG.

If you can get OZ or any other country PR status then you can still hold on to your Singapore citizenship & passport, ICA allows that. When you start to work & live in OZ, you'll pay tax there & your status in SG will be that of Overseas PR in OZ. I don't know your particular circumstances but you can ask in the Immigration Folder for advice & do your initial research there. The Bros there are quite helpful. :smile:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont believe. Who so stupid as to go get a degree in Aus at such a late age and dont know hope for what? Why must ask your mummy? Grow up.

You are the stupid one.

What is a degree? What is education?

Sadly lots of Singaporeans including dumb fuck stuck_here think that a degree is for getting high pay.

I piss on all these Singaporeans who complain that their fucking degree cannot get them high pay, in fact it got them fuck-all.

A degree is for deeper knowledge, for specialization, and to be a qualified authority on a certain subject.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Start talking to your family, if you think it's for the better, that you can give them a better quality of life there, that your kids will have a better future there, why not? Our ancestors probably left China with the same thoughts in their minds & ended up staying in SG.

If you can get OZ or any other country PR status then you can still hold on to your Singapore citizenship & passport, ICA allows that. When you start to work & live in OZ, you'll pay tax there & your status in SG will be that of Overseas PR in OZ. I don't know your particular circumstances but you can ask in the Immigration Folder for advice & do your initial research there. The Bros there are quite helpful. :smile:

Thanks for your reply.

I will seriously think about it.

I yearn to migrate not because of financial hardship or quality of life or anything like that.

I want to migrate because I am seriously sick and tired of living in this narrow, one-track money-minded, inhuman, uncompassionate, lifeless, uncreative and sheep following society.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if only i can be so lucky...............got money go study abroad and no need to support parents............

truly, to make more money is not that hard............you just need money in the 1st place

fark lah...........if my old man didn't gamble away all his money..............i also can be like Ma Chi..........but i'll buy an Aston Martin instead of Ferrari lah..........

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whatever you do in Criminal Descendents Land, jus dun sabo their Burger King.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
fark lah...........if my old man didn't gamble away all his money..............i also can be like Ma Chi..........but i'll buy an Aston Martin instead of Ferrari lah..........

Waa Aston Martin is machiam James Bond know.. you need to upgrade your clothes, need to go gym & 100% need to upgrade your water pistol :biggrin:

if you cannot run road that make as much money as you can, that's the only way to survive in SG. :(

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
if only i can be so lucky...............got money go study abroad and no need to support parents............

truly, to make more money is not that hard............you just need money in the 1st place

[video=youtube;F7GcVq0tEzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7GcVq0tEzM[/video]

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the stupid one.

What is a degree? What is education?

Sadly lots of Singaporeans including dumb fuck stuck_here think that a degree is for getting high pay.

I piss on all these Singaporeans who complain that their fucking degree cannot get them high pay, in fact it got them fuck-all.

A degree is for deeper knowledge, for specialization, and to be a qualified authority on a certain subject.

This is the paradox that escapes Asians. Asians study damn hard, hoping their degrees can lead them to riches. Instead, it's the lazy ang mohs who spend most of their time in uni partying that make more $ than Asian nerds. These lazy ang mohs are also the ones who make greater contributions to science and mankind than Asians. Why? Because they are intrinsically motivated by what they do, unlike Asians who view education as nothing more than a means to an end.