• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have not slept for 24 hours

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
But isn't working life like this? We work to get our boss whether it is a he or she promoted and then we will also get promoted.
Yes this is the way people think it should be but defintellee not my uncle after he became a wisemen KNN he still has a boss to leeport to but he do his own work his boss does his own work and if his boss were to ask him to do his work he will tell him :FU: KNN if he screw up his own work his boss will also :FU:and whether my uncle does his job properlee has nothing to do with whether his boss will get promoted KNN look for this kind of job to hold your head high and even celery low like my uncle it is alright becas my uncle has much more money in the bank than his boss by living and being a wisemen

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this is the way people think it should be but defintellee not my uncle after he became a wisemen KNN he still has a boss to leeport to but he do his own work his boss does his own work and if his boss were to ask him to do his work he will tell him :FU: KNN if he screw up his own work his boss will also :FU:and whether my uncle does his job properlee has nothing to do with whether his boss will get promoted KNN look for this kind of job to hold your head high and even celery low like my uncle it is alright becas my uncle has much more money in the bank than his boss by living and being a wisemen
Ok. Maybe your method works for you. I cannot say that you are right or wrong because every working industry and environment is different.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean thry make sarcastic remarks like when I say let's go out to have a nice restaurant lunch or dinner. Then one will say don't want to spend money because unlike me, no mortgage or car instalments to pay and so on.
Be humble and modest. They will come to understand u as a ok person and will accept u.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
@bigcockman hope you had a good rest bro!

Dun care those nasty friends of yours lah.

They are just jealous of you. It is very common in SG. People will find ways to put you down. Insult you. Cos they jelly lah.

You doing well. Just keep working hard.

Improve your relationships with co workers. Better everyone like you and is your friend. All departments. Newbie and old birds. All friends. Like you.

Clients also like you. Every client got good things say about you.

If all that above I confirm you get promoted.
Thank you doctor. I will work harder.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not how hard u work.It's who u know.
I agree. My deceased father knows the big boss of the company I am working for now. But I have never ever make use of this connection or let others including my current lady boss know that my deceased dad knows her big big boss. Otherwise, I will get sarcastic remarks thrown at me.

I also never relied on my deceased's dad connection to get this job. I went through the same process of interview, selection, written test and second interview to get this job, just like any normal applicant. It's only after I start work that I met uncle and he was also shocked but pleasantly surprised that I have grown up and working in the company that he is the ceo.

Last edited:

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. My deceased father knows the big boss of the company I am working for now. But I have never ever make use of this connection or let others including my current lady boss know that my deceased dad knows her big big boss. Otherwise, I will get sarcastic remarks thrown at me.

I also never relied on my deceased's dad connection to get this job. I went through the same process of interview, selection, written test and second interview to get this job, just like any normal applicant. It's only after I start work that I met uncle and he was also shocked but pleasantly surprised that I have grown up and working in the company that he is the ceo.
Also, if I meet uncle on social occasions, he will always asked me how am I coping. I would always tell him positive things. I have never complain to him about how my lady line manager boss "abuse" me or pick on me. I swear.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tomorrow go be nicer to rhe PRC newbie.
I hate that corrupted China scum.

Won't say anything nice but won't say anything bad either. So, I will just treat him like a stranger, not even an acquaintance.

Sorry, I know I am bad, but I really think he is corrupted, just like his Communist government.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

U are lucky that u had a CEO uncle as a support mountain in the organization.Have seen many times in the corporate world that it is no use being hardworking and competent if your name is not brought up by your immediate superior for promotion in the Annual Appraisal Meeting.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are lucky that u had a CEO uncle as a support mountain in the organization.Have seen many times in the corporate world that it is no use being hardworking and competent if your name is not brought up by your immediate superior for promotion in the Annual Appraisal Meeting.
I had never and will never make use of this connection.

Please be clear. Even if I don't make it in this company, I won't ask any favour. I will just leave quietly and if uncle is to ask, I will just say I get a better offer, or wider job scope that allow me to grow better.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
@bigcockman dont underestimate the value of positive experiences everybody has with you.

As you know office gossip very common.

And many small minded people love to talk bad about others.

So can you imagine if people hear these people saying good thinga about you?!! Shocker right?

Or the difficult people to work with actually say they find you helpful and good worker?

So try to win over everyone. Try.

You wanna be promoted to the highest levels got to try. It is part of being a leader. Got to earn it.
I know my limitations. I am not the alpha kind. I just want to do my best and see how far I can go based on my own abilities and competencies.

(Most likely) I may never succeed, but I least I have tried my best.