• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have mixed feelings about LKY!

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the same sentiments as you. I have great respect for him over the years but the in recents years, various comments I have read online seems to have swayed my mind in some ways. But I always compare ourselves to the other SE Countries and ask...do I want to be in Indonesia? Malaysia? Answer is NO..and I rest my case and not think about it...Ambivalent indeed but lead life as it goes and just focus on what you can do and not what others can do for you....

That's what I don't understand about you guys. Why compare with fucking 3rd world countries???? The MIWs always claim that they are world class and they deserve their million $$$ salaries. So why not compare to places like US, Europe Canada or Australia????

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is so great with USA when they already have so many financial institutions bankrupt, needing bailouts. Auto-mobile industries needing aids.

If that is the case, then why is it that the MIWs are licking the arses of the Yankees????

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is the founding father of modern singapore.
We cannot deny him of that.

We can only deny the present crop of politicians who have not gone thru what LKY and his comrades gone thru. LKY and comrades fought their way up thru' hardship and min. pay.. They were there with a vision and passion to made singapore a developed nation.

The present crop only took over and started getting comfy salary.. these group should be the one who should be despise.. Did they do the job for passion? or for money? I believe it's the later for me.. If they are world class talent who can be employed, then let them go.. let's see where they will end up.

but for LKY and comrades, I sincerely believe they took on the job with their heart.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY is the founding father of modern singapore.
We cannot deny him of that.

We can only deny the present crop of politicians who have not gone thru what LKY and his comrades gone thru. LKY and comrades fought their way up thru' hardship and min. pay.. They were there with a vision and passion to made singapore a developed nation.

The present crop only took over and started getting comfy salary.. these group should be the one who should be despise.. Did they do the job for passion? or for money? I believe it's the later for me.. If they are world class talent who can be employed, then let them go.. let's see where they will end up.

but for LKY and comrades, I sincerely believe they took on the job with their heart.

who came up with the system whereby the 'present crop' could get into parliament easily? who? its LKY who came up with the GRC system.

so please cut the crap. cut the mixed feeling and start to think straight.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore would not progress with mixed feeling about LKY. Its like marching on the same spot. Mixed feeling means mixed result. And PAP would carry on running this country.