• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have mixed feelings about LKY!

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘民之饥,以其上食税之多,是以饥。’

There are two more sayings from the Chinese people that I would like to share as well:

山高皇帝远

(The mountains are high and the Emperor is far away). This encourages "self-reliance" on part of the people.

一朝天子一朝臣

(With a new King comes new subjects). This world is not about the culture. It is all along, about power. Power play. The Westerners were strong (military), so they occupied some parts of China and colonized other places where Asians and Chinese so, and overtime the Chinese living in those regions being exposed to Western religions, language, ideas and culture became Westernized which is somewhat quite understandable.

Look at your clothes, your furniture, your computer, your television and music, are these not Western in origin if not also, design? If China and her leaders were so competent then she would rule the world if not just protect her people well (their most basic duty), and nobody would really have to run off and settle overseas in hopes of a better life since the last few centuries.

This is the fault of China and her ancient leaders at failing spectacularly badly in these aspects, that you cannot deny.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are two more sayings from the Chinese people that I would like to share as well:

山高皇帝远

(The mountains are high and the Emperor is far away). This encourages "self-reliance" on part of the people.

一朝天子一朝臣

(With a new King comes new subjects). This world is not about the culture. It is all along, about power. Power play. The Westerners were strong (military), so they occupied some parts of China and colonized other places where Asians and Chinese so, and overtime the Chinese living in those regions being exposed to Western religions, language, ideas and culture became Westernized which is somewhat quite understandable.

Look at your clothes, your furniture, your computer, your television and music, are these not Western in origin if not also, design? If China and her leaders were so competent then she would rule the world if not just protect her people well (their most basic duty), and nobody would really have to run off and settle overseas in hopes of a better life since the last few centuries.

This is the fault of China and her ancient leaders at failing spectacularly badly in these aspects, that you cannot deny.

There are furniture, computer, tv, in many countries of the world. but that doesn't mean that people from those countries, countries such as korea, japan, etc, would ditch their language, and go for english language, isn't it?

Allow me. Here's my view.

Lee Kuan Yew, in his memoir, he talk about how he didn't get along with the Chinese at cambridge. He talk about when he was young, he told his mom he prefer to go to english education school rather than chinese education school. And his mom okay with his decision. Its about personal preference. His attitude towards english language and chinese language. LKY is biased against Chinese language and culture from start.

So right now, this personal preference became a NATIONAL PREFERENCE, this country's preference, its because of the political system here. Its an authoritarian system (thanx to LKY too), and LKY has all the power. His preference of english language, and negative attitude towards chinese language, it got translated into policies and impose onto this country, and thus it became national preference.

Its all because of LKY's personal preference. His attitude towards English and Chinese languages. And the rest is history.

Last edited:

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how much negative and misleading rumours on him, there is certainly no doubt that our legendary phenomenon leader Lee Kuan Yew will forever be in Singaporeans heart. He has done Singapore proud.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter how much negative and misleading rumours on him, there is certainly no doubt that our legendary phenomenon leader Lee Kuan Yew will forever be in Singaporeans heart. He has done Singapore proud.

Our legend Lee Kuan Yew has already been a phenomenon legendary great leader of Singapore. No matter how much unpleasant rumours about him, deep inside all Singaporeans heart, he is definitely an undisputable great legend of Singapore.

both ur posts in tis thread hv convinced me dat u r merely copying fr ur 10 yr series model answers ...

b mor spontaneous n creatif la, can u? ... :rolleyes:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are doing great making fools out of the 66%!:smile: Good work!:biggrin:.........something is wrong with what I just wrote........what the fuck is it?:confused::confused::confused:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its about personal preference. His attitude towards english language and chinese language. LKY is biased against Chinese language and culture from start.

So right now, this personal preference became a NATIONAL PREFERENCE, this country's preference, its because of the political system here. Its an authoritarian system (thanx to LKY too), and LKY has all the power. His preference of english language, and negative attitude towards chinese language, it got translated into policies and impose onto this country, and thus it became national preference.

Its all because of LKY's personal preference. His attitude towards English and Chinese languages. And the rest is history.

Exactly.

LKY was biased against chinese culture and languages and that explain his suppression toward everything chinese when he gained complete control. He was determined to have a english adminstrative country at the expenses of chinese/malay/Indian.

He struggled with his hokkien in his early political days. peoples laughed at him. I think he took it too personally and decided that mandarin and hokkien must not be singapore main languages as english educated politicians like him would struggle in the political circles of a chinese speaking singapore.

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
both ur posts in tis thread hv convinced me dat u r merely copying fr ur 10 yr series model answers ...

b mor spontaneous n creatif la, can u? ... :rolleyes:

Well this is true words from me for our great legend Lee Kuan Yew. I don't really understand why you all have negative views on him. Overall he has really turn Singapore into a well-established and developed country today.

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are doing great making fools out of the 66%!:smile: Good work!:biggrin:.........something is wrong with what I just wrote........what the fuck is it?:confused::confused::confused:

The great majority 66% of Singaporeans voted for our great PAP government has clearly shown that majority of the people trust our great PAP government all along. PAP has clearly improve and turn Singapore to be one of the great country today. Look at how much improvement our great PAP government has done over the years for Singapore, it is so clear that we have a great capable PAP government.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, the best strategy LKY and gang used on Singaporean is this

INDIFFERENCE

When we start to be apolitical and indifference about our political state, we are as good as zombie remotely controlled by PAP propaganda.

Blue pill or red pill?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Sinkie in the PRC would be considered to be Chinese

i guess u are not chinese.

i am proud to be Chinese. i love the chinese characters, very artistic and beautiful. i regretted not taking up calligraphy when i was young. swee man.

but i cannot say the same about the PRC govt. and SGP-predominantly Chinese govt.

both need to really buck up, why? because they are full of bullshits!!

but i love the Chinese HK govt. and the current MaYing Jiu Chinese-Taiwanese govt., especially after he sent that troublemaker Chen Shui Bian to jail

Shiok man! :biggrin:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, the best strategy LKY and gang used on Singaporean is this

INDIFFERENCE

When we start to be apolitical and indifference about our political state, we are as good as zombie remotely controlled by PAP propaganda.

Blue pill or red pill?

i took the red pill long long time ago.

what you reckon? shoud i take it again? :biggrin:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night I had a conversation with my wife. She said LKY is not bad after all, since majority of Singaporeans have a HDB flat to live in. Some even better, lived in condos or private apartments. Most have jobs and have families. That brought me into thinking.

Well indeed compared with other developing countries, Singaporeans have it all, house, job and maybe cars. But why are Singaporeans complaining? We should be thankful for God's blessings on our country. Compared to Mao ZeDong, he's a nicer guy after all. At least he didn't screw up substantial portion of our population. Surely we can give some credits to him?

But then I keep on thinking, man this guy did all these so to benefit himself. his family and friends even more too. And he used suppressive methods to disable anyone who opposes him. He also monopolised many industries in SGP, so entrepreneurship is harder to flourish because of heavy liabilities to the state enterprises.

I donno maybe I aspire my country to be along side with the 1st tiers countries. Anything lesser is unacceptable to me, because of the values instilled into me during my growth with the country. Freedom of speech and democracy is also very important to me, now I am not hungry. Furthermore I don't want my children to live in an atmosphere of stress and fear.

So, I really have a mixed feelings about the Old Man.

Somewhat like eating a kiam sung tee like that kinda of feelings..

What about you? How do you feel about the old man?

Well,if you really want to know how much he has done, take a look at this:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/2009012...t-06f3cb7.html

Of the 800,000 jobs created from 2004 to the third quarter of last year, Credit Suisse estimated that more than 500,000 were filled by foreigners and permanent residents.
Most of these jobs were filled by expatriate workers who earn more than the average Singaporean, it said.

See how he has fucked Sinkees while enriching himself and his famiLEE?????